The OL Depth Chart Discussion

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kyle Long just started be able to jog not that long ago, he probably won't be around week one.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I see these guys as pretty much locks (6):

LT - Leno
LG - Sitton
C - Whitehair
RG - Long - Kush
RT - Massie

These are the guys who will battle it out:

T - Compton - Joseph - Kirsch
C - Grasu
G - Morgan - Edison

I still we could see another veteran added to the mix as well. I'd probably go with Compton, Morgan, and Kirsch out of this list.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I see these guys as pretty much locks (6):

LT - Leno
LG - Sitton
C - Whitehair
RG - Long - Kush
RT - Massie

These are the guys who will battle it out:

T - Compton - Joseph - Kirsch
C - Grasu
G - Morgan - Edison

I still we could see another veteran added to the mix as well. I'd probably go with Compton, Morgan, and Kirsch out of this list.

Kush? He's a guard.

One Team

Liked Posts:
You obviously watched only his first game and stopped paying attention. He was battling by the end of the season and came back at 310 up from 290 going into his second season. I don't know if he'll be able to come back from injury but I think you're overly down on him.

I wouldn't rule Grasu out either. He's a high-character individual by media accounts, that comes from a family that had to battle for their freedom and life. Read the story if you haven't already. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as this teams center allowing CW to shore up another position. Good thread.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think morgan was drafted because Grasu isn't cutting it.

I don't believe Grasu makes it through camp.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. Grasu just isn't an NFL player. He likely will be among the first camp cuts.

He was going to be the starter last year until he got an ACL, obviously the team thought he was an NFL player but I guess you know more than they do :facepalm:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think morgan was drafted because Grasu isn't cutting it.

I don't believe Grasu makes it through camp.

Morgan was a future move, most likely at Guard definitely not Center. I would say a good chance Sitton will be replaced in 2018.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whose down to give Charles a new contract, say midway through the season if he's playing well? What kind of money will he demand?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are going to shift 2 players out of positions they are dominant at in Whitehair and Long to make space for Grasu?

Really.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was going to be the starter last year until he got an ACL, obviously the team thought he was an NFL player but I guess you know more than they do :facepalm:

But then he had his job stolen.

There just isn't a spot for him. I am not shifting my 2 best lineman to make room for an injured former 3rd round pick who has never done anything on the field.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long just started be able to jog not that long ago, he probably won't be around week one.

He also is not a tackle.

He was mediocre a best there in 2015 and they moved him a do immediately. He has also stated many times that he is a OG.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But then he had his job stolen.

There just isn't a spot for him. I am not shifting my 2 best lineman to make room for an injured former 3rd round pick who has never done anything on the field.

We don't know how good Grasu could be and we also don't know if Whitehair can perform as well at other positions on the OL as he has at Center. These are two questions I think the Bears staff might want to discover before dumping Grasu.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We don't know how good Grasu could be and we also don't know if Whitehair can perform as well at other positions on the OL as he has at Center. These are two questions I think the Bears staff might want to discover before dumping Grasu.

But we know Kyle Long is better at OG and we know Whitehair is a stud at C.

Grasu will get camp to prove something, my hope is he can play OG a little.

But he is not taking Whitehairs job under any curcumstance.

They also re-signed Kush to a 2 year deal with 500k guaranteed, not the vet minimum.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
But we know Kyle Long is better at OG and we know Whitehair is a stud at C.

Grasu will get camp to prove something, my hope is he can play OG a little.

But he is not taking Whitehairs job under any curcumstance.

They also re-signed Kush to a 2 year deal with 500k guaranteed, not the vet minimum.
I feel bad for Grasu but he's playing the one spot we actually have very good starters, solid depth and a rookie we just drafted. So he likely misses out.

That 2015 draft will look brutal if this happens and White disappoints.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
The problem with Grasu is that he can't play guard, so it's kind of worthless to use a roster spot on a backup center. And there's no way we're going to shoehorn him into the starting lineup when the interior is already playing so well. Bad pick, learn your lesson and move on.

Madden

Liked Posts:
We have C/G Boggs and LT/RT Sowell also

LT - Leno, Sowell
LG - Sitton, Morgan
C - Whitehair, Kush
RG - Long
RT - Massie

Cut or practice squad: Boggs, Compton, Grasu

I'd say Boggs is better than Morgan right now but I'm not sure Pace will risk losing his draft pick if he goes to the practice squad. Whitehair is permanent center and Kush can backup both Center and Guard so he has more value than Grasu. I think Grasu ends up on practice squad though as he would be a good 3rd in line if Whitehair or Kush get hurt.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Can grasu career go

3RD round pick
To
Stiff
To
Ir
To
Ps

????

Milky