Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cam Thomas stunk it up. Jeez.
What exactly did you expect Cam Thomas, true freshman, to do? At one point he had two straight positive plays running the ball and was immediately replaced by George Jr. I guess the Illini OC wanted to telegraph a pass play and let Wisky rush George with reckless abandon causing a fumble.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What exactly did you expect Cam Thomas, true freshman, to do? .

Not look like he had never been on a football field before. His throwing ability is abysmal at this point.

I expected the kid to struggle...not outright suck.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not look like he had never been on a football field before. His throwing ability is abysmal at this point.

I expected the kid to struggle...not outright suck.
What did you think about him getting positive yardage on first and second down and then being replaced by George? Nothing good happens on the pass and they settle for a FG That was telegraphed by the OC. I understand what you are saying. He threw a couple of INT and on a rollout couldn't even bounce a throw into a receiver. At least Juice could hit a receiver in the feet. I would like to see both George and especially Cam get time on the field without getting replaced mid-series as some trick of the OC.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you thought it was asinine that he get drafted in rounds 3-6. Just wait for him and my boy Kittle to tear it up. H8ers gonna h8.

49ers already done with CJ.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did you think about him getting positive yardage on first and second down and then being replaced by George?
That both of these guys can't throw.

Isn't this OC that you're bagging on supposed to be some amazing Smith hire when he got the job?

Jeez.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That both of these guys can't throw.

Isn't this OC that you're bagging on supposed to be some amazing Smith hire when he got the job?

Jeez.
That doesn't answer my question at all. Good job.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That doesn't answer my question at all. Good job.

Cam and George can't throw the ball effectively.

McGee should have left Cam in.

It doesn't change the evaluation of Cam in any way.

Your question was pointless.

FYI, your comments on the McGee hire:

Adam Rittenberg ESPN Staff Writer
Illinois is hiring Louisville's Garrick McGee as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach, a source told ESPN. McGee held the same title at Louisville the past two seasons. Although the move is lateral in title, it gives McGee the chance to operate his own offense under a defensive-minded head coach. New Illini coach Lovie Smith helped recruit McGee to Arizona State as a quarterback when Smith was an ASU assistant in the early 1990s. McGee has experience both in the league and in the state after serving as Northwestern's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach from 2006-07. It will be interesting to see how Bobby Petrino replaces McGee at such a late date, but Petrino's own ability to to call and operate the offense is a big plus.

you said:
Now, this is a fantastic hire. Great recruiter. Also what Rittenberg doesn't say is that McGee eventually transferred and graduated from Oklahoma. Stoops/OK tried to lure McGee away last season and couldn't do it. Lovie just got a job done that Stoops couldn't. I guess Lovie has been out of the college game too long. Whoops!

:aj:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
McGee should have left Cam in.
Thank you. I know being honest is really difficult for you.

FYI, your comments on the McGee hire:
I know what my comments were. He's a top recruiter, who was highly sought and has brought in some good, young talent. I'm hearing he is terrific with the QB's in practice. Petrino called the plays in UL. We will see how he does with a more mature OL next season and likely one of the two incoming freshman QB starting.

:aj:[/QUOTE]

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Was McGee scouting Quincy Patterson or Ben Bryant?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Was McGee scouting Quincy Patterson or Ben Bryant?
Why would they want Bryant? They offered Patterson. Coran Taylor committed. He has a very strong and accurate arm. The other 2018 dual threat they have committed (Rivers) is having an outstanding year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would they want Bryant? They offered Patterson. Coran Taylor committed. He has a very strong and accurate arm. The other 2018 dual threat they have committed (Rivers) is having an outstanding year.
I can tell you that in 10 years of varsity officiating in Illinois, Patterson and Bryant are two of the best QBs I've seen play. Perhaps landing one of those two might have helped you get a guy like Deondre Hall, who instead is going to a directional school instead of the flagship school.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can tell you that in 10 years of varsity officiating in Illinois, Patterson and Bryant are two of the best QBs I've seen play. Perhaps landing one of those two might have helped you get a guy like Deondre Hall, who instead is going to a directional school instead of the flagship school.
Perhaps you should have worked a Peoria High game and watched Coran Taylor.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Bryant is going to Cincinnati, right? My brother taught him in jr high and said he's a great kid.