IST: Cubs @ Cardinals

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Willson!!!!

Picks off an old friend..lol

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So I've always liked Fowler and I'm not trying to bury him but it's interesting to me he's hitting .231/.311/.426 and Jay(.299/.405/.373) and Almora(.273/.333/.403) have pretty roundly hit better especially given that was the worry coming into the year.

Also 6 innings from Butler... only 2 hits both to Diaz, 3 walks 5 K's? I'll take that. I imagine he's done at 94 pitches.

Dex has had waaaayyy more positive impact than Jay ever will.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
I don't know if it's just me but I don't recall ever watching a team pick off base runners like they have this season.

...and this umpire is appallingly bad.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Rizzo took his frustrations at the plate in to the field there. Inexcusable lack of concentration.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
WTF up with throwing a runner out on a PB

That one on Rizzo for lazy attempt of a catch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So like I was saying Conteras was gonna have a great night...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So like I was saying Conteras was gonna have a great night...

Well I'm just glad Butler put up a game that sets a tone for the rotation to follow. Good thing the Pen didn't screw job his outting.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Given how well Davis' has pitched I'm really hoping they lock him up soon. I wasn't really thrilled with dealing Soler for a 1 year rental who had been hurt but he's obviously pitched well enough to put the injury concerns behind him. If they can lock his contract up to I'd be very pleased. He's up to 15.1 innings with 0 ER(1 UER) and 20k's over that period. Pretty filthy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Given how well Davis' has pitched I'm really hoping they lock him up soon. I wasn't really thrilled with dealing Soler for a 1 year rental who had been hurt but he's obviously pitched well enough to put the injury concerns behind him. If they can lock his contract up to I'd be very pleased. He's up to 15.1 innings with 0 ER(1 UER) and 20k's over that period. Pretty filthy.
I'd like to see that too..

My concern though is being that he 31, he probably looking at one last big pay day..

So, he continues to pitch like he has the last couple seasons, he probably going to test market and look for something similar to what Chapman got 5 yrs 17.2 per..

Not sure if Cubs brass would want to commit to that on a closer, especially a season after letting Chapman go who 2 yrs younger..
Plus
Seems like their looking to use Edwards as an eventual Closer and seem to be getting Pierce Johnson ready to come up and either set up or close..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did they change the error on the ball that hit rizzo in the glove for the final out?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

What is amazing is how hard he blew in spring training. Definitely knows when its time to turn it up.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Arrieta don't turn it around, he might take if offered a 1 yr QO and come back..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Not a chance. Much better for him to hit the FA market as a 32 y/o pitcher even after a mediocre season than to hit it as a 33 y/o after a good one.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not a chance. Much better for him to hit the FA market as a 32 y/o pitcher even after a mediocre season than to hit it as a 33 y/o after a good one.
I agree with the age thing but it depends on how he does..

If he finishes under 200 IP and has an ERA close to 4 or above and with the way he struggled last year..
Might not get many big multi years offers if any..

QO and a chance to regain himself for 1 season might benefit him
Or
Accept what cubs offer in yrs and money if they make an offer

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With Russell down and Bryant sick, cubs are short of position players..
Maybe they bring up Happ til everyone back and healthy

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
C_uZfUUUMAAUrla.jpg

It's Happ-ening.

Seems a shame to bring him up now but if you're short boies, you're short bodies,

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'd like to see that too..

My concern though is being that he 31, he probably looking at one last big pay day..

So, he continues to pitch like he has the last couple seasons, he probably going to test market and look for something similar to what Chapman got 5 yrs 17.2 per..

Not sure if Cubs brass would want to commit to that on a closer, especially a season after letting Chapman go who 2 yrs younger..
Plus
Seems like their looking to use Edwards as an eventual Closer and seem to be getting Pierce Johnson ready to come up and either set up or close..

I agree with your reasoning. But do you really think a team would give 90+ million to a relief pitcher that will be 32 by the end of the season? I wouldn't think so.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm kinda shocked that they are pulling the trigger. But, seeing this tells me that the goal is winning games right now vs delaying start clocks.
I'm pretty stoked with this.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
C_uZfUUUMAAUrla.jpg

It's Happ-ening.

Seems a shame to bring him up now but if you're short boies, you're short bodies,

Honestly I"m sorta glad he gets a short call up. That way we at least get a look at him in the majors prior to july which could be important.