Floyd putting on some muscle

sewie

Liked Posts:
Sorry if posted. Delete if it is please.

Moving up to select quarterback Mitch Trubisky last month was not the first time general manager Ryan Pace has traded up to get the player he has targeted. He did the same thing in order to get his hands on pass rusher Leonard Floyd in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Outside linebackers coach Brandon Staley seemed very excited about what Floyd can do in his second NFL season.

‘‘Everyone knows that he’s capable of a lot, but what a lot of people don’t know is how much it means to him,’’ Staley told Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times during this weekend’s rookie mini-camp. ‘‘He’s the type of guy that represents our franchise and our city really, really well.’’

Two of the biggest concerns for Floyd heading into the 2017 season is his health and his size. He was undersized at his position last season, but that does not appear as if that will be a problem for the upcoming year.

‘‘His body now is just so much different than when he came in here,’’ Staley said. ‘‘He was, like, 225 [pounds] when he came in here; he’s almost 250 [now]. He’s just a lot stronger player. He’s a lot more equipped to handle the rigors of the NFL.’’

Hopefully being in better shape will also help him stay healthy and on the field. Floyd showed flashes of being the dominant pass rushed he was drafted to be, so hopefully we see a progression this season.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So... superbowl?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I just hope he didn't lose any speed with all that added muscle. We need this guy to be dominant.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Sorry if posted. Delete if it is please.

Moving up to select quarterback Mitch Trubisky last month was not the first time general manager Ryan Pace has traded up to get the player he has targeted. He did the same thing in order to get his hands on pass rusher Leonard Floyd in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Outside linebackers coach Brandon Staley seemed very excited about what Floyd can do in his second NFL season.

‘‘Everyone knows that he’s capable of a lot, but what a lot of people don’t know is how much it means to him,’’ Staley told Adam Johns of the Chicago Sun-Times during this weekend’s rookie mini-camp. ‘‘He’s the type of guy that represents our franchise and our city really, really well.’’

Two of the biggest concerns for Floyd heading into the 2017 season is his health and his size. He was undersized at his position last season, but that does not appear as if that will be a problem for the upcoming year.

‘‘His body now is just so much different than when he came in here,’’ Staley said. ‘‘He was, like, 225 [pounds] when he came in here; he’s almost 250 [now]. He’s just a lot stronger player. He’s a lot more equipped to handle the rigors of the NFL.’’

Hopefully being in better shape will also help him stay healthy and on the field. Floyd showed flashes of being the dominant pass rushed he was drafted to be, so hopefully we see a progression this season.

Jahns...

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The whole issue with him is putting on a little bit of fat. He's really lean. That's similar to White and hasn't worked out lately.

Madden

Liked Posts:
pXb8FMz.jpg

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can we still call him Gumby?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully, some of that weight went to his head, protect it against further abuse.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where is Ommy at to make fun of Gumby?

wab

Liked Posts:
I've never seen a starting NFL linebacker, especially one in a 3-4, look so frail. I'm not worried about his speed...he needs to get stronger because the dude got thrown around a lot last year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just hope he didn't lose any speed with all that added muscle. We need this guy to be dominant.

Yeah, that shea mcclellan experiment comes to mind. The Kevin White original diagnosis was the first injury was putting muscle on at too quick of a pace, so it does not adhere the same to the bone.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too many concussions from getting his lightweight ass body slammed.

Only half kidding

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that shea mcclellan experiment comes to mind. The Kevin White original diagnosis was the first injury was putting muscle on at too quick of a pace, so it does not adhere the same to the bone.
I never heard that was a issue with White he didn't need to add weight coming into the nfl.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
‘‘His body now is just so much different than when he came in here,’’ Staley said. ‘‘He was, like, 225 [pounds] when he came in here; he’s almost 250 [now]. He’s just a lot stronger player.

I bet you he ate a ton of extra chicken breasts and egg whites to go from a shredded and lean 225 pounds to 250 lbs..with probably >10% body fat, in one offseason...

One Team

Liked Posts:
Wasn't he supposed to have been 240 ish when he was drafted and at training camp?...don't recall seeing 225 anywhere...nonetheless it will be interesting to see what a pro off season does for him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I bet you he ate a ton of extra chicken breasts and egg whites to go from a shredded and lean 225 pounds to 250 lbs..with probably >10% body fat, in one offseason...

I'm sure. And probably a bunch of avacados, fish, and a shitload of protein shakes. Probably Creatine too if it's legal in the NFL.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't know, but I suspect Floyd is a guy that has a hard time gaining much because of his metabolism, but that definitely can change with age. He might be done by then - mine didn't slow down much until my upper 30s.