IST: Cubs vs Reds

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No, that what you said out of me saying he should come up and be in the rotation with Baez and Zobrist..

I told you that with him being able to play 2B 3B and all 3 OF positions, he will get plenty of ABs..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Don't think Joe agrees with that. He looks like he is forcing him into CF as that is a area of upgrade. Heyward gets back this line up may take off. Candy looked good today but he is hitting batting practice fastballs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't matter why/how he got up, he hitting and showing he belongs now..

I know once Jay and Heyward returns, their probably forced to return him..

I hope they can figure something out to keep him up cause he just may be that spark to ignite the offense again..

Right now I'm thinking if Maddon reluctant to play Almora for whatever reason, maybe they send Almora down and keep Happ up to play CF..

Right now I'm thinking Happ is taking over CF. Jay will be a bench guy. Almora not sure on. They may use him to mix things up with Happ. But if Happ keeps bashing HR's they are playing him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
When Zo gets 100% I'm expecting Baez on the bench also. He has not looked good this year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Mmmk. First warm weather game at home...yep

CSF77

Liked Posts:
2nd BB. He never challenged him with his fastball.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
When Zo gets 100% I'm expecting Baez on the bench also. He has not looked good this year.
It's a great problem to have, having just about every hitter on your roster who could be starters..

This team would of benefited greatly if they would of agreed to expand to 26 man roster..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well they walked Rizzo and Wood didn't attack on Happ. Fastballs were out of the zone. Missed on a slider and Happ didn't bite on his split. Then when high fastball that Happ fouled up then fastball down for the walk. Happ has a advanced approach and is not afraid to walk. He is going no where.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well they walked Rizzo and Wood didn't attack on Happ. Fastballs were out of the zone. Missed on a slider and Happ didn't bite on his split. Then when high fastball that Happ fouled up then fastball down for the walk. Happ has a advanced approach and is not afraid to walk. He is going no where.
Just looked at their roster..
They'll have 13 position players with Happ when Heyward returns from DL and Candelerio goes down..

So, as long as bullpen don't get overworked and or Maddon starts itching for 8 in the pen..

They should be set, just a matter of who gets the starts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya Jay PH tonight. Edwards is nasty. Beanpole that fires 95 at the knees and 97 up in the zone. Then a snap curve at 81. Filthy

CSF77

Liked Posts:
All they needed was a warm game at home. Every home game was in the 50's before tonight. Bang Rizzo.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Candelario has shown he can play superb defense...
Gotta be a team out there willing to just put him in lineup everyday and see if he can adjust to major league pitching

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He got 2 hits and flashed some leather tonight. That will keep him around another game. Nice win.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
51P-JDqruBL._SY355_.jpg

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Good to see Schwarbie, Rizz and Addi break out of their slumps tonight with homers! Hopefully this sparks up the Cubs offense now! :woot::cubs:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good to see Schwarbie, Rizz and Addi break out of their slumps tonight with homers! Hopefully this sparks up the Cubs offense now! :woot::cubs:

Warm weather at home helps for sure. This team plays better when the weather picks up.

Goose22

Liked Posts:
Good W tonight. Offense awakened from the dead and Rizzo, Schwarber, and Russell all got a much needed dinger to help them out of the slump. Happ is playing to stay up with the big boys, which could lead to an interesting scenario once Heyward, Jay, and ZoRilla are back. What happens to Almora? Baez? The offense was alive and well tonight! Hope it keeps on the upswing, but there are several interesting decisions/scenarios for Madden and the FO in the near future...I guess that is a good problem to have?!?

The starting pitching is still a huge concern for me and, to be honest, I would have bet my house this winter that would be the least of concerns for this team. Lester, Arietta, and Lackey are tossing beach ball BP at times. Hendricks has been solid, but has had no offensive support in some of his starts. Lackey is going to be Lackey and it is like playing Russian Roulette one on one against yourself...eventually the gun is going to fire, but Lester and Arietta's struggles at the same time surprises me. IMHO, Arietta is pressing for his next contract and it is affecting his performance. Not sure what is going on with Lester, but I hope he finds his groove and becomes the dominant starter we have grown accustomed to last year. I was impressed with Butler in his first outing last week against the Dirty Birds, but I was also impressed with Anderson in his first few outings earlier this year. Hopefully, things sort themselves out with the starting rotation and the Starters, along with a revived offense and healthy lineup will get the Cubbies a "comfortable" lead in the division by the break.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jay is on the team. He PH.

I'm thinking that Candy still goes down. Jay and LaStella both can PH for the pitcher spot late inning. Moving Happ to LF with Almora CF late inning also is a natural situation. Bryant is off position. So the natural move is Candy demoted so Bryant can shift back to 3B.

It hinges on Zobrist being health. He may go DL when Heyward gets up. Just to open a roster spot to keep using Candy at the MLB level. But if Zo is healthy he should be starting at 2B over Baez.