Liked Posts:
His arm slot dropped

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DADPfucUMAAa2Df.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure about Hendricks and Montero. Add to it Cinci is a running team. Most teams fear Contreras's snap pick off.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Candelerio goes down as expected but Maddon desire to have 8 relievers, Pierce Johnson comes up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Half that run you can blame on Russell for taking too long to throw back to Rizzo..

Had him picked off, steals 2nd scores on single...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber now at .190 27 for .142..

He just needs to go 23 for 58 .396..

To get himself to a respectable .250 Avg

???

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Pen better not screw this up for Hendricks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hendricks holds them to 2 runs with wind blowing out and pen gonna mess it up..

Gotta get more runs

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Hendricks holds them to 2 runs with wind blowing out and pen gonna mess it up..

Gotta get more runs

I was just worried for the 7th and 8th cuz after that it's lights out in the 9th with Wade Davis.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I don't want this to be a strikeout related post because it's not. What do the Cubs see in Schwarber's bat that's so "wow"? I see prodigious power when he squares but I don't think of him as a hitter. Until Schwarber starts to work the whole field and doesn't basically replace Jason Heyward as the king of the right field ground out, I don't see it as one of the best bats in the league.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Looks like umps decided they wanted to beat the storm on that replay call..
Great start to home stand
Keep it going

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wade gave Strop a grand and to get a another save opportunity

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I don't want this to be a strikeout related post because it's not. What do the Cubs see in Schwarber's bat that's so "wow"? I see prodigious power when he squares but I don't think of him as a hitter. Until Schwarber starts to work the whole field and doesn't basically replace Jason Heyward as the king of the right field ground out, I don't see it as one of the best bats in the league.
Your not one of those knuckleheads that are selling Schwarbers stock are you?

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Your not one of those knuckleheads that are selling Schwarbers stock are you?

It's firmly a hold for me right now. I was never as high on Kyle as others were but I still obviously see the massive potential. It's just, the more you watch him hit and swing, the more I question the scouting report on how great his bat is. I see the power but I don't see the all field or great contact hitting that shows me future high value hitting. i think he could be a better defending version of Adam Dunn. Mind you that's not a bad player, it just doesn't compare to the Rizzo or Bryant level that I think many had him on.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Yesterday he hit a grounder on the 3rd base line on the shift. Next AB went to the SS on top of 2B in the shift.

Teams are using the shift and he is hitting into it. The grounder on the line was a 97 tailing away and that was the only place he could have hit it.

So eventually he is going to have to push some bunts to 3B like Rizzo did.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It's firmly a hold for me right now. I was never as high on Kyle as others were but I still obviously see the massive potential. It's just, the more you watch him hit and swing, the more I question the scouting report on how great his bat is. I see the power but I don't see the all field or great contact hitting that shows me future high value hitting. i think he could be a better defending version of Adam Dunn. Mind you that's not a bad player, it just doesn't compare to the Rizzo or Bryant level that I think many had him on.

https://youtu.be/knUPMYzrGxo

chibears55

Liked Posts:
People are wowed by the potential he showed in minors with all the big homers and what he did in post season...
Every time he homers or hits one Down the line, it gives them hope of what they expected from him..

Turn a blind eye at what he been doing in regular season his last 350 plus AB..
Hitting under .200 by excusing it cause he walks and takes pitches..

I wanna see Schwarber succeed for himself and the team, but until that actually happen he just a struggling kid trying to figure it out ...

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Remember Schwarber has only played a half of a season before this year so he's still in learning mode. Lots of people including the Cubs organization believe his bat will reach elite level. Heck even the Yankees wanted to trade the stud reliever Andrew Miller to the Cubs for Schwarber and wouldn't trade Miller for any other of our young players. He gifted but he's still developing too.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

He hits to all fields more often than rizzo and bryant this year...

bryant - 41.7%/33.3%/25.0% pull/center/oppo
rizzo - 51.2%/28.9%/19.8%
Schwarber - 40.0%/32.6%/27.4%

As for the contact, he's not even a year in the majors yet. Bryant had a 66.3% contact rate his first 650 PAs in the majors. Schwarber is at 71.0%. People need to relax.