bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lost confidence?

He was benched....

Yeah Bullard was a major disappointment last year. Seemed to regress. His quick first step never showed up on gameday

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
LeBlanc - he is a player that got bet with more playing time. I'd be willing to bet that he has the best year of our DBs this season. A lot of people have said he is more natural at NB, but I think he can compete on the outside, too.

Shaheen - I don't see why he can't grow into a #1 target. Hopefully he and Trubisky grow together, because a good receiving TE is a godsend for any young QB.

Dowell Loggains - i am cheating a little to pick a coach. Let's be honest with ourselves, after QB, the next part of our offense that needs to improve is playcalling. Abandoning the run was a mistake far too often last year, and will cost us wins if Loggains doesn't correct it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Prime Orlando Pace HOF caliber play. Anything less and he's a bust and Pace should be fired.

Not at all.

Leno is not a bust and Pace should not be fired.

But I would like to see Leno reduce the pressures and become more consistent in his pass protection. Just because I want him to improve does not mean I want him replaced.

You will notice Massie is not on the list, because to me he is a write off.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah Bullard was a major disappointment last year. Seemed to regress. His quick first step never showed up on gameday

Less of an issue for me, he is a 3rd round pick which is not a pick that needs to hit all the time and we have some DL talent.

If Bullard continues to suck the Bears will survive.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can add Marcus Cooper to the DB list.

The Bears need one of these guys to step and and become a starter. Demps and Prince should give them solid vet play, but the Bears can't have 2 weak spots at the other 2 spots.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Leno gave up 32 pressures last season, ranking him at #44 of offensive tackles. Massie was even worse with 41 pressures given up. That combined 73 pressures put the OT duo near or at the very bottom of the list of all NFL OT duos.

1) Source? Where did you get this data? And please don't say PFF...

2) how many occurred when Jay was under center?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Leno has been pretty consistent

Are we really still hoping for white to do more then go on ir? If anything I want to see if Meredith can do more then reap the rewards of playing opposite Jeffry

On defense I want to see something from Bullard

So you're not hoping White plays well and are hoping he goes on IR?? Why??

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Good thread Windy

Mike Glennon- I would love to see him come in and just own the team right from the start. He's got a lot of pressure on him to prove he's got what it takes to be an nfl qb and if he can do this then we can keep Trubisky from being immediately thrown into the fire. I do believe Trubisky is the future of the Bears but if Glennon can come in and own this team and teach Trubisky then we will for the first time have some qb's worth a damn.

Leonard Floyd-he had a good year last year and now it's time for him to build on it and become that first round pick that Pace thinks he is. It would be something amazing if he became the face of the Bears.

Kevin White-I'm just agreeing with another poster that he needs to come in and take the pressure off of Meredith. Unfortunately for him this is his year to prove he can not only play in the nfl but be a number 1 WR for Glennon/Trubisky. He's running out of time and he's had two non-playing nfl years. Let's hope he's smart enough to take what he's learned in the classroom and put it on the field within a game or two.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stats are from PFF. But I am not citing his "PFF grade", just giving you his raw numbers. 4 sacks and 32 pressures. Also, 3 sacks along with 6 pressures in the final 3 games of the season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Do you believe that Charles Leno does not need to improve? That the Bears cannot upgrade at LT?

You are acting like people are saying cut him. When actually we are saying that if he improves a little the Bears would be a RT away from having one of the best OLs in the league.

If Leno takes a step to being an above average LT it would represent an incredible value for the Bears and make the offensive offseason much easier.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am 100% replacing Massie in 2018.

I would look for a Leno replacement, but not mortgage myself to find it, if Leno plays at the exact same level that he did last season.

If Leno takes a step forward I would gladly extend him at tier 2 LT money.

I do love that Leno is available every week.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am 100% replacing Massie in 2018.

I would look for a Leno replacement, but not mortgage myself to find it, if Leno plays at the exact same level that he did last season.

If Leno takes a step forward I would gladly extend him at tier 2 LT money.

I do love that Leno is available every week.

Kyle Long back to RT?

giphy.gif

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Do you believe that Charles Leno does not need to improve? That the Bears cannot upgrade at LT?

You are acting like people are saying cut him. When actually we are saying that if he improves a little the Bears would be a RT away from having one of the best OLs in the league.

Not my point nor the point I'm arguing. Can he improve? Sure. that's a straw man question. Every player in the NFL can improve.

The point is that you called him average and I think that's ridiculous.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long back to RT?

giphy.gif

No, he is an average OT and a well above average OG. He does not have the mentality or consistent technique to be on the outside.

I am more than likely drafting Massie's replacement.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not my point nor the point I'm arguing. Can he improve? Sure. that's a straw man question. Every player in the NFL can improve.

The point is that you called him average and I think that's ridiculous.

What is he?

He is an average starting LT in the NFL. I think that is an incredibly fair assessment of him.

That is not a bad thing. My hope is that this season he can move to the above average realm and that we can extend him and just focus on getting Massie the hell off the field.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Decker
Bakhiatiari
Trent Williams
Tyron Smith
Jason Peters
Teron Armstead
Joe Staley
DJ Humphries
Andrew Whitworth
Ronnie Stanley
Joe Thomas
Nate Solder
Laremy Tunsil
Cordy Glenn
Donald Penn
Taylor Lewan
Daune Brown

Those are the OTs that I think are better than Charles Leno, putting him somewhere in the 18-22 range in the NFL.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Stats are from PFF. But I am not citing his "PFF grade", just giving you his raw numbers. 4 sacks and 32 pressures. Also, 3 sacks along with 6 pressures in the final 3 games of the season.

To be clear, there are designed offensive tackle techniques used by every OT in the NFL for maintaining pad level and pushing the defensive pass rusher out and around/behind the QB. When this happens, assuming your interior linemen have done their job, a pocket forms for the QB to step up into to make the throw.

A season or so back I emailed PFF on why, when I thought it was a relatively clean game for Cutler, the OT's were graded so poorly. The response I got was that if a QB stepped up in the pocket as a pass rusher flew behind him, even if engaged with the OT using proper technique, they considered it a "pressure".

Let me also be clear for anyone who still has questions about PFF,... It's Shit

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
What is he?

He is an average starting LT in the NFL. I think that is an incredibly fair assessment of him.

That is not a bad thing. My hope is that this season he can move to the above average realm and that we can extend him and just focus on getting Massie the hell off the field.

And herein lies the issue. You think a guy who allows 4 sacks is average...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be clear, there are designed offensive tackle techniques used by every OT in the NFL for maintaining pad level and pushing the defensive pass rusher out and around/behind the QB. When this happens, assuming your interior linemen have done their job, a pocket forms for the QB to step up into to make the throw.

A season or so back I emailed PFF on why, when I thought it was a relatively clean game for Cutler, the OT's were graded so poorly. The response I got was that if a QB stepped up in the pocket as a pass rusher flew behind him, even if engaged with the OT using proper technique, they considered it a "pressure".

Let me also be clear for anyone who still has questions about PFF,... It's Shit

I agree they are way to hard on OTs.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Leno allowed 4 sacks and was called for holding just once in 16 games last year.

Those are the best stats for a LT in a season since Jimbo covert.

What more do you expect from him?

If he could clean up his QB hurries stat that would be a huge step forward.