Did Celtics winning the Draft lottery end Jimmy trade talks?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
All of this illustrates just how inept of an organization the Brooklyn Nets are.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Don't look now, but we are fast-approaching the rank (stank?) of the Brooklyn Nets.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't look now, but we are fast-approaching the rank (stank?) of the Brooklyn Nets.
Oh crap are we gonna trade away our 1st round picks for the next 6 years for old washed up players?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Oh crap are we gonna trade away our 1st round picks for the next 6 years for old washed up players?

thankfully with GarPax we can trust they wont mortgage our future.

one of the benefits of their staunch conservative approach.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

That would be so insan!! Instead, we are going to hold onto players with no future in CHI until their respective trade value is minimized, then we will trade them for PGs that sit on the bench. Contemporaneously, we will stock the balance of the roster with redundant old dudes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ainge has his work cut out for himself. Celtics played better with their "best player" on the bench against the cavs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ainge has his work cut out for himself. Celtics played better with their "best player" on the bench against the cavs.

their best player was playing with multiple injuries

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could use a franchise PG.

I think a trade makes sense on some levels for the #1, to move ahead of Lakers and steal Ball maybe.
I'd do it if we also get Smart in that trade.

Fultz/Ball + Smart is my price.

us getting Ball/Smart, and Celtics getting Thomas/Bradley/Butler plus the #16 pick for a big man like Swanigan, could improve both clubs. The Celtics right now, and the Bulls for the future.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Swanigan sucks. He's Dejaun Blair. Knock that shit off.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
us getting Ball/Smart, and Celtics getting Thomas/Bradley/Butler plus the #16 pick for a big man like Swanigan, could improve both clubs. The Celtics right now, and the Bulls for the future.

The only thing that seems like it will happen, is if the Celtics pick Ball, he will probably be traded. Yesterday he said he would rather work out for the 76ers if they show their direction to him, which sounds like it means build around him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sounds like a dick to even consider he couldn't play with Ben Simmons. Whats better than 1 good passer? 2 fucking good passers!!

God this kid reeks of special treatment. I wish they would shut the fuck up so I don't hate the kid before he even makes it to the league. He has a nice game, the entitlement is starting to rub me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Swanigan sucks. He's Dejaun Blair. Knock that shit off.

He was called the best player in the tourney last year, and I kinda agree. He has range, and a big body, will rebound with width as much as height. I think can be a steal but partly because this draft is so deep, and good players are projected through the top 40

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think Swanigan is alot more versatile than say a Montrezl Harrell.

He can score a variety of ways, he can shoot free throws. He has potential to be an instant contributor at the Portis level from a second round pick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fultz compares to Westbrook. Butler is 27. His best days are getting shorter by the minute. Celtics have proven to be competent at decision making. Butler is not worth 1. This draft is strong and deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tatum is also a stud. I don't like ball. He reeks of an la pick

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tatum is also a stud. I don't like ball. He reeks of an la pick

Thats my guy. I think he is the best of the top 3, which for me are Fultz, Ball, and Tatum. I think he projects better to positionless basketball, is the coveted wing player teams are hard for.

But Fultz is special, and so is Ball.

However, Westbrook is such a unique athlete its really silly like comparing someone to Kareem or Jordan. If I just read a stat sheet I might believe it. Wherever that analysis came from ... I don't know man, but check this out. He is nothing like Westbrook, who is as explosive an athlete you will ever find but plays too fast and makes spaz mistakes, does incredible things nobody else can do, and Fultz doesn't have much of that explosion. But look how silky smooth and cool he is.

He is more skilled right now this minute than Westbrook is in his prime, much less when Westbrook came out raw as fuck.

[video=youtube;vHwDSkPBuuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwDSkPBuuU[/video]

The Celtics have to take him, but Tatum might help them sooner. I'm not sure I trust Fultz' body, if anything stops him it will be his athleticism, quickness and skinny ass knees.
But damn if he ain't a Curry/Harden hybrid(to make the same mistake I started out being wry about, but I think he plays a bit like Harden in something closer to Curry's body). Closer to Curry's body, but smooth as fuck.

Together with Ball its rare to see such highly skilled and cool customers even at the top of the NBA draft. But Tatum does alot of things and has length and athleticism.

I'd probably trade Jimmy for Tatum or Fultz, but fear Balls athleticism as a pro a little bit. Still...he has that vision. Probably all 3 are worth it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;id0l3E8Ow2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id0l3E8Ow2w[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;L1z-5WDESQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1z-5WDESQ8[/video]