Did Celtics winning the Draft lottery end Jimmy trade talks?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it looks to me like Fultz is a can't pass talent, and that he and Thomas will get along just fine in the back court together and can fit fine with Brad Stevens offense.

It will truly be alot of offensive pressure to deal with. Bradley is getting up there in age, is the one that will be transitioned out. Smart is insignificant compared to those two offensive talents, but gives them a defensive flavor to bring off the bench for either one of them throughout the game, and play some SF.

I expect they will keep them both long term, and keep the ball moving, pressure you with both Thomas and Fultz and he isn't a normal rookie that needs his skills to ferment, he can start right away and be a problem.

Ball is too eerily similar to Magic I think for the Lakers to pass, he is skinny magic. Draft gets interesting at 3.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think Boston is gonna be looking to trade the pick. Not saying they will, but it'll be shopped. Butler would be a great asset for them since he's one of the few guys in the league that can at least bother LBJ

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I was pretty sure Boston did not want to pay Thomas 30 million. Winning without him against the uninterested CAVS might have helped them decide to keep that pick and draft his replacement. They get any kind of play from that supposed cant miss pick and Boston is right where they are now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thomas would make a helluva Jerry Stackhouse type bench sparkplug that just comes in and lights it up the second your opponents starter takes a breath.

Playing 25-30 minutes a game would keep his body fresher and make him more dangerous too, imo.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
OK is it possible that the Bulls figure into the Celtics 76ers trade ?

What if the Celtics really want Jimmy but didn't think he was worth trading the #1 pick for and the Bulls didn't want to throw in any future 1st round picks. So the Celtics trade down to #3, which the Bulls would be happy with, and get those future picks from Philly which are more likely to be lottery picks than the Bulls. THEN they make the deal with the Bulls for Jimmy with same package of players and now the #3 pick. There was talk of the Bulls looking to trade with Philly, so now they still get a top 3 player, and the Celtics end up with more than they could have from the Bulls for #1.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of draft picks. Do they have a legit chance of getting the Kings pick next season? You know, the one that they get a few years ago that was a lottery selection depending on how bad the Kings were?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Speaking of draft picks. Do they have a legit chance of getting the Kings pick next season? You know, the one that they get a few years ago that was a lottery selection depending on how bad the Kings were?

I'm 70% positive this was their last chance, and Sacramento never did what we needed them to do, HOWEVER, if the Celtics were to trade the #3 to the Bulls, I see no reason why tgey shouldnt turn around and use that for Sac's #5 and #10.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You see that much talent in this draft where it's worth getting more picks? I think we should get best possible player and go from there. Collecting a bunch of role players isn't going to do shit for us

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You see that much talent in this draft where it's worth getting more picks? I think we should get best possible player and go from there. Collecting a bunch of role players isn't going to do shit for us

I think 3 top 16 players that are cost controlled is a good thing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Steven Ass smith is convinced Butler will go to Boston for the picks boston just got for their number 1. They want to get out of the top 5, seems like they want out of the lottery all together.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

The pick defaulted to a 2nd rounder for this draft. The 38th pick was the Kings pick (now Bulls) and the 44th was the Bulls (now Knicks from the Rose trade).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pick defaulted to a 2nd rounder for this draft. The 38th pick was the Kings pick (now Bulls) and the 44th was the Bulls (now Knicks from the Rose trade).

exactly. The Cousins trade was the nail in the coffin for that long awaited long shot of a pick. I mean...its Sacramento. The not tanking but still as bad as Philly disaster in Nor Cal. When it wasn't health it was bad teamwork, or in fighting.

We ended up taking a poor deal for Deng. Maybe we can get lucky and hit on one of the second rounders to salvage it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
exactly. The Cousins trade was the nail in the coffin for that long awaited long shot of a pick. I mean...its Sacramento. The not tanking but still as bad as Philly disaster in Nor Cal. When it wasn't health it was bad teamwork, or in fighting.

We ended up taking a poor deal for Deng. Maybe we can get lucky and hit on one of the second rounders to salvage it.

YEah, that is a shitty outcome for that trade.