Return Of The King

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AKA The Kyle Fuller hype thread

[video=youtube_share;gGlMK1FtXLk]https://youtu.be/gGlMK1FtXLk[/video]

So it's pretty much over for Kyle Fuller, at least in most fans eyes. Hell, there may even be evidence that some at Halas hall think so as well. The Bears did decline his fifth year option, although that didn't come as a shock to anyone. You simply cannot give guaranteed money to a player with health concerns, just look at Sammy Watkins. Kyle Fuller is playing for his job this season. His entire career hangs upon him getting on the football field and producing. And I think he will step up. I'm all in.

I've read a few articles about how Kyle Fuller is unlikely to even make the team, such as this one:

It was a good run for Fuller, and maybe a change of scenery will help. Based on what we’ve seen in the last year, though, I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the young cornerback staying in the Windy City for much longer.

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/05/17/chicago-bears-5-veteran-cuts-training-camp-2017/6/

I've even read articles about how the Bears would be wise to trade Fuller for pretty much anybody, such as this one:

- If the Bears were to cut Fuller outright, he would count for $3,082,227 in dead money on their 2017 cap, with no savings. If they were to trade him, they would have $1,341,273 in dead money, with a savings of $1,740,954. In other words, the Bears would be better served to trade Fuller for literally anything just to get the roughly $1.7 million in savings in cap space.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-lb-mychal-kendricks-bears-cb-kyle-fuller-who-says-no/?utm_campaign=pv-site&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=eagles

Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe the move here is to give Fuller the opportunity to win the starting job. Now I have always been a big Fuller fan, but I don't believe it's too far out there to say that Kyle Fuller is the most talented CB on the roster. Not only that, but Fuller is the only playmaker as of right now on the defensive. Since his rookie year, Fuller leads the team in INT's and forced fumbles. And that includes last season, where he played a total of 0 snaps.

Yes, those first few games of his rookie season are a very distant memory right now. What people remember is how 2014 ended for him, it was not pretty. And then the start of the 2015 season quickly refreshed our memories. Amid such a long and brutal stretch, Kyle Fuller did show us that toughness and heart which most of us think he lacks. Confidence is absolutely critical for a CB. You begin to question yourself as a CB, and you won't have a job for long. Yet Fuller got back up, and he salvaged his season. Not only that, according to some metrics he actually thrived as the season went along:

–After surrendering 106 yards and two touchdowns in the first two games of the season, it looked like it was going to be another tough season for Kyle Fuller (+1.8), but the Bears’ second-year corner has turned things around since, with last night’s game his third-highest grade of the season. Since Week 2, Fuller is among the 10 highest-graded corners in the NFL, having conceded fewer than 200 yards on 43 targets in that spell. The Bears will hope that more games like this prove to be the launch point of a stellar career from last year’s first-round pick.

- Pro Football Focus @PFF

Least targeted CBs by cov snaps/tgt:
Desmond Trufant: 9.8
Patrick Peterson: 9.3
Richard Sherman: 9.3
Cary Williams: 9
Kyle Fuller: 8.3
1:07 PM · Feb 10, 2016

- Pro Football Focus @PFF

Since the Bears' Week 7 bye, Kyle Fuller has the 7th-highest coverage grade among CBs, and is allowing a 39.1 passer rating to opposing QBs.
2:23 PM · Dec 14, 2015

Now I obviously do not know Fuller personally. If Fuller really has given up on football or the Bears, there is no saving him. But that is all speculation at this point. Fuller has all the incentive in the world to work his ass off and prove himself. And fortunately, he does have the talent to back it up. I think there's still life in Fuller. He's gotten up once before, he can do it again.

ATH8av.gif

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cut him. Cre'von Leblanc is better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dallas needs CB's badly. Fuller is a perfect fit for their defense with what Marinelli runs. Surprised the Bears can't at least flip him for a 5th

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I sure hope that he can get his health straight and start to fulfill the potential he had coming into the league. We need at least one, hopefully two, cbs to rise above the mediocre to crapppy group that we have. He has just as much chance as the rest,but his return skills suck a donkey's dick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas needs CB's badly. Fuller is a perfect fit for their defense with what Marinelli runs. Surprised the Bears can't at least flip him for a 5th

Dallas only has 3.2 million in Cap, why on earth would they trade for Fuller?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The Cowboys just drafted 2 of my favorite CB's in the draft with their 2nd and 3rd round picks in Chidobe Awuzie (2nd round/Colorado) and Jourdan Lewis (3rd round/Michigan)

They still have Orlando Scandrick as well even though i heard he's on the trade block.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Move on, nothing to see here.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The Bears are done with him.

The flake out he pulled with the knee pretty much had them write him off.

Mediocre player as well.

In a vacuum you may be right.

Sadly however,
as a mediocre player he may represent the best cb the bears have on their roster.

They'd be stupid to cut him before seeing what he has left and how he stacks up vs the crap they have accumulated in the secondary.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I think Kyle's toast....The Coaching Staff has moved on...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fuller's been hit with the "maybe doesn't enjoy playing football" tag, which is obviously worse than domestic violence.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's more outlandish claims for this season than this. But not many.

It's open season and if health really was still holding him out last year, it's not an issue now. Career is on the line. Do or die for the man.

Open camp competition coming just like about 1/2 the positions on the team. It'll be interesting to see what he does...or quietly uninteresting & disappointing if not. Like White, most probably don't expect much, so any quality play or starts is a bonus to the roster.

frank-sinatra-the-best-revenge-is-massive-success.png

The next best thing is to reword a quote from a previous artist and take credit for it as your own...
2616.jpg

(just like your shitty "music" Kayne)

Also Ed Shereen...
1715176-Ed-Sheeran-Quote-Success-is-the-best-revenge-for-anything.jpg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Play him at NB and I think he'll become a player. Prince and Cooper on the outside. He'll have to beat out Le'Blanc who the staff loves, but I think he can do it.