Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was in Ireland all last week. Whenever I did think about the Bears, I just smiled knowing we have Trubisky. I received a note from the Bears inviting me to view an OTA at Halas Hall again this year. I am really disappointed I can't take advantage of the offer. I would love to watch Trubisky in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just by reading these posts and the crying, bitching,and proclaiming that both Pace and Trubisky are complete failures and will and have ruined this team for yrs to come.

Well guess what,I'm going out on a limb here,and saying that these are the same cry babies that lost the 2017 election and can't stop there ranting,(especially because of what Mitch), got ya'all to bitch about!
If you can't except your president you'll never except Trubisky as your franchise QB. "So do like you do on facebook",Just keep making asses of yourselves !!!!!!!

Why equate complete non sequiturs. Is this the same reasoning you used to vote for the guy that keeps making an ass of himself. I get voting for your party and interests but how can you like the guy himself? Do you also realize that these discussions are more often than not, taken off track by Trump supporters doing exactly what you just did. Freedom of speech and defence against tyranny unless you disagree, LOL. Keep it in your pants and step out of your bubble. I do agree about those that didn't vote, in protest of the system, and are now making a stink about the results were idiots.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone noticed that the OP has just 6 posts, joined in April and already is among the red bar squad?

I am beginning to think that many of these type of posters are just Rush creating "posters" for click bait.

Gotta drive that traffic.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I was more angry at the NFL/Roku for not working properly last season than any of the Beers losses. Not getting game pass again...

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
I know this won't be popular on this board because it appears that many on this board have already anointed TRUBS the next great QB in the NFL without him ever taking an NFL snap. For those people I challenge you to step back, jump off the band wagon for a second, and look at the facts.
Besides questions about Trubs leadership ability (my main concern).... the article below is points out the primary concern with drafting a 1 hit wonder...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-make-one-great-draft-mysteries-recent-years

There are all kinds of problems with judging quarterbacks after a limited number of pass attempts. You don't get much insight into their ability to avoid injuries. You don't get to see how opposing defenses adjust to them over the course of an offseason or how they improve on the weaker elements of their game from the previous year. In every aspect of how they perform and how they account for opposing defenses, you're stuck looking at tape over a dangerously small sample.

Think about professional quarterbacks such as Nick Foles and Josh McCown, two guys who were incredible in 2013. They combined to throw 40 touchdowns against three picks over a 541-pass sample. Over the remainder of their professional careers, Foles and McCown have thrown 95 touchdowns against 92 interceptions and performed like replaceable backup passers. If Foles and McCown were college quarterbacks in 2013 and left after their one breakout season of tape, they would have been top-three picks. We've seen quarterbacks such as Brian Brohm and Matt Leinart fall out of the top three by sticking in school and revealing themselves to be less effective passers on tape. With Trubisky, what we've seen is good, but we haven't seen much.

Probably the best indicator of bust or success is the NFL OC system.
Most NFL QBs, even 6th rounders, are only successful under 1 coach and 1 OC system.
How many QBs have been able to succeed after switching teams and systems?
As far as the rookie QB is concerned, a great deal has to do with their work ethic and if they have the mental fortitude to learn,
read defenses, and work hard to improve. Rather than just expect their physical traits to lead them to success.
Leinart failed because he didn't work hard enough.
McCown and Foles succeeded in specific systems and were never able to have success in different systems.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cam Newton "couldn't" beat out Tim Tebow, and had limited college pass attempts.

So clearly he's a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
The issue is doing it consistently over the course of more than 1 season. Because over time, defenses figure you out. We have seen tons of QB's perform great in 1 season only to fail over time.

I am pulling for Trubs but fans who don't view this drafting with rose colored glasses are only right to be a little concerned.... especially after giving up as much we did.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The issue is doing it consistently over the course of more than 1 season. Because over time, defenses figure you out. We have seen tons of QB's perform great in 1 season only to fail over time.

I am pulling for Trubs but fans who don't view this drafting with rose colored glasses are only right to be a little concerned.... especially after giving up as much we did.

Coaches and coordinators figure out gimmicks or oddities or limitations. So the Chip Kelly offense or RG3, CK, that sort of thing. MT is much more of a classic style QB with extremely high accuracy, good ability to read the field and scan, and a bit of quicks when needed. You don't figure out pure talent. It wins out.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I know this won't be popular on this board because it appears that many on this board have already anointed TRUBS the next great QB in the NFL without him ever taking an NFL snap. For those people I challenge you to step back, jump off the band wagon for a second, and look at the facts.
Besides questions about Trubs leadership ability (my main concern).... the article below is points out the primary concern with drafting a 1 hit wonder...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-make-one-great-draft-mysteries-recent-years

There are all kinds of problems with judging quarterbacks after a limited number of pass attempts. You don't get much insight into their ability to avoid injuries. You don't get to see how opposing defenses adjust to them over the course of an offseason or how they improve on the weaker elements of their game from the previous year. In every aspect of how they perform and how they account for opposing defenses, you're stuck looking at tape over a dangerously small sample.

Think about professional quarterbacks such as Nick Foles and Josh McCown, two guys who were incredible in 2013. They combined to throw 40 touchdowns against three picks over a 541-pass sample. Over the remainder of their professional careers, Foles and McCown have thrown 95 touchdowns against 92 interceptions and performed like replaceable backup passers. If Foles and McCown were college quarterbacks in 2013 and left after their one breakout season of tape, they would have been top-three picks. We've seen quarterbacks such as Brian Brohm and Matt Leinart fall out of the top three by sticking in school and revealing themselves to be less effective passers on tape. With Trubisky, what we've seen is good, but we haven't seen much.

Your 1st paragraph just discredited your whole argument

Liked Posts:

The difference between Foles/McCown plus numbers of others & Trubisky, is that in spite of only starting one season he has shown the abilities to consistantly do things, & show qualities as though they are an acquired behavior & almost a reflex, which are things that QBs with one year or four years rarely show as blue chip QB prospects.

One of those qualities that I cannot stress hard enough outside of mechanics/intelligence is Trubiskys consistent ability to anticipate 3 different reads at one time like it's something he's done his whole life. He does this, among other things, very well in spite of only starting one season. It is very rare for collegiate QB's from pro systems to come out of college with this ability & almost unheard of for QB's fresh out of spread systems to have this ability without locking on or staring down one target. I don't care as much about his number of starts when he has, still had to put in all of the same work & effort 6 other days a week outside of starting, & shown he has the sought after abilities of any other successful young QB.

Watson was the other touted QB heading into the draft who had more playing experience on his resume. Yet after all that time his mechanics are not all that great, his accuracy is questionable, his arm strength is not as great as claimed, & he generally has shown to have the ability to anticipate one read & sometimes two often locking on to one target or tucking & running under pressure. You would think that after all of his experience he would be sharper in these areas but no one ever brings that up. Watson isn't a bad QB, but he did have the luxury of playing for one of the top 3 teams in college ball. Even again at the pro level I believe he will succeed because he is heading into what I think is far & away the best position of any of the QB's from this class, where the Texans should be able to be a contender in spite of reasonable amount of error from their young QB.

I believe that the media, unfortunately has WAY too much in influence on who people believe these players are & aren't. I do think that Watson will succeed, but I also believe that Pace got this one right & Trubisky will become something at QB position that the Bears haven't had the luxury of having for decades. Trubiskys play & natural/acquired skillets remind me of a young Brees from his time in S.D. before he dislocated his shoulder & is exactly why he was my favorite player in the entire draft class to begin with.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ypur concern would make more sense if Trubd was a gimmicky QB. But what he is, is a legitimate pocket passer, who also is highly mobile, and can throw on the run-but he's not a run first QB.

He's also a multi read QB who keeps his eyes downfield-even under pressure.

Those types typically don't turn out to be 1 hit wonders.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ypur concern would make more sense if Trubd was a gimmicky QB. But what he is, is a legitimate pocket passer, who also is highly mobile, and can throw on the run-but he's not a run first QB.

He's also a multi read QB who keeps his eyes downfield-even under pressure.

Those types typically don't turn out to be 1 hit wonders.

He's played scarcely a dozen games in his entire career in college. That to me is the scary part. And he did not play very well in several of those games. That is another scary part. How he will react to the speed of the pro game is anyone's guess but that is true for any rookie quarterback. THe fact that he is not blessed with a good offensive line and has a bargain basement set of receivers should also scare us.

That being said, I hope the kid doesn't have to play this season because of the ass beating he would get. Keep him off of the field while he learns and hopefully whoever the new coach and GM will be will give him some legitimate help to aid him on the field.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...this season will see Puppy Monkey Sloth Scape Goat get a bad hand dealt to him, the end of Pedochize, and Truthbisky get shell shocked if he plays.

The speed of the game is alot worse when you don't have good outlets and dump offs, or a good system, or good tackles. It kinda speeds up on you.

(Someone should warn Virginia to lock up her great granddaughters, we have moved on from the domestic violence incident and gone to statutory rapists)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's played scarcely a dozen games in his entire career in college. That to me is the scary part. And he did not play very well in several of those games. That is another scary part. How he will react to the speed of the pro game is anyone's guess but that is true for any rookie quarterback. THe fact that he is not blessed with a good offensive line and has a bargain basement set of receivers should also scare us.

That being said, I hope the kid doesn't have to play this season because of the ass beating he would get. Keep him off of the field while he learns and hopefully whoever the new coach and GM will be will give him some legitimate help to aid him on the field.

The offensive line is not the weak link. The three men on the interior are solid and we have capable backups there as well. The men on the outside are serviceable albeit upgradable. The receivers are bargain basement but I will let it all shake out before I pass criticism on them. We at least have a couple of capable pass catching tight ends and a couple of good backs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The difference between Foles/McCown plus numbers of others & Trubisky, is that in spite of only starting one season he has shown the abilities to consistantly do things, & show qualities as though they are an acquired behavior & almost a reflex, which are things that QBs with one year or four years rarely show as blue chip QB prospects.

One of those qualities that I cannot stress hard enough outside of mechanics/intelligence is Trubiskys consistent ability to anticipate 3 different reads at one time like it's something he's done his whole life. He does this, among other things, very well in spite of only starting one season. It is very rare for collegiate QB's from pro systems to come out of college with this ability & almost unheard of for QB's fresh out of spread systems to have this ability without locking on or staring down one target. I don't care as much about his number of starts when he has, still had to put in all of the same work & effort 6 other days a week outside of starting, & shown he has the sought after abilities of any other successful young QB.

Watson was the other touted QB heading into the draft who had more playing experience on his resume. Yet after all that time his mechanics are not all that great, his accuracy is questionable, his arm strength is not as great as claimed, & he generally has shown to have the ability to anticipate one read & sometimes two often locking on to one target or tucking & running under pressure. You would think that after all of his experience he would be sharper in these areas but no one ever brings that up. Watson isn't a bad QB, but he did have the luxury of playing for one of the top 3 teams in college ball. Even again at the pro level I believe he will succeed because he is heading into what I think is far & away the best position of any of the QB's from this class, where the Texans should be able to be a contender in spite of reasonable amount of error from their young QB.

I believe that the media, unfortunately has WAY too much in influence on who people believe these players are & aren't. I do think that Watson will succeed, but I also believe that Pace got this one right & Trubisky will become something at QB position that the Bears haven't had the luxury of having for decades. Trubiskys play & natural/acquired skillets remind me of a young Brees from his time in S.D. before he dislocated his shoulder & is exactly why he was my favorite player in the entire draft class to begin with.

Unfortunately the NC results just weren't there for Trubs. With that said, we must hope that sitting behind MG will get him ready to be a productive
starter.

Regardless of any negatives you see in Watson. His record, performance, results and leadership vs top competition tell a different story.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of any negatives you see in Watson. His record, performance, results and leadership vs top competition tell a different story.

*Yawn*

Do you need me to list off how many times the Heisman trophy winners turned out to be horseshit quarterbacks in the NFL? College success doesn't mean NFL success. All you can do it pick a guy who seemingly has the tangibles and intangibles you want out of a quarterback and see if he works out for you in the Pros.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately the NC results just weren't there for Trubs. With that said, we must hope that sitting behind MG will get him ready to be a productive starter.

You are so clueless when it comes to QBs! Watson was the easiest bust to pick out of the draft in a long time. He doesn't have any skills that are good as far as playing pro QB. All he has is his "special it", "winner trait". His running bailed him out so many time in NCAA, but that wont work in the pros. If he tries to run he will get hurt, and if he doesn't run he was get exposed as a bad QB.

He has no excuse with the Texans. He has a good Oline, very good RBs, great WR core. His only competition is Tom Savage, who was less of a prospect then Nathan Peterman. How long do you think it will take Watson to start a game?

I am sure O'Brian is going to come up with some super simple offense that will work for a few weeks before everyone in the NFL figures out how to exploit Watson, and force him to play like a real QB, which he doesn't have the skills to do. Then it is done for him. He will be a faded memory just like RGIII.