Cubs and Brewers

chibears55

Liked Posts:
We almost saw Maddon new lineup today...

Zobrist 2B
Schwarber OF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Happ CF
Heyward RF
Contreras C
Russell SS
Arrieta P

Game was cancelled, make up TBD

I like this lineup and they have both good bats and defensive guys on bench..

No roster move was announced yet for Heyward return..
Maybe to take advantage of the off day to consider other options over what they were going to do today.

They could send Butler down and wait til Thursday to activate him and move someone out..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he will use this lineup tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Heard LaStella and Johnson were going down..

Dylan Floro was returning

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
We almost saw Maddon new lineup today...

Zobrist 2B
Schwarber OF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Happ CF
Heyward RF
Contreras C
Russell SS
Arrieta P

Game was cancelled, make up TBD

I like this lineup and they have both good bats and defensive guys on bench..

No roster move was announced yet for Heyward return..
Maybe to take advantage of the off day to consider other options over what they were going to do today.

They could send Butler down and wait til Thursday to activate him and move someone out..

Line up makes sense. Happ came in and did Zobrist's job while he was recovering. Now that Zo is healthy why not.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
With Kyle Schwarber in a bit of a slump -- though Maddon said some of that is due to the shift he faces at the plate -- the manager said having Happ around means he can tinker with things in the lineup. An example he gave was moving Ben Zobrist ahead of Schwarber at the top of the order and seeing if that might open things up for his left fielder.

"If, in fact, Zo can get on a little more often," Maddon said, "it might move that second baseman out of that spot [on the shift]."

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With Kyle Schwarber in a bit of a slump -- though Maddon said some of that is due to the shift he faces at the plate -- the manager said having Happ around means he can tinker with things in the lineup. An example he gave was moving Ben Zobrist ahead of Schwarber at the top of the order and seeing if that might open things up for his left fielder.

"If, in fact, Zo can get on a little more often," Maddon said, "it might move that second baseman out of that spot [on the shift]."
I've been saying that since beginning that the Shift hurts him, cause he hits alot of hard grounders that would be in hole between 1st basemen and 2nd basemen but instead goes for a long GO to short right..

Thing is though , after the first AB it just going to be like it was with one hitter hitting in front of him..

Maddon should keep pitcher hitting 8th, this way he has 9 hitter and leadoff hitter having opportunity to get on on front of him..

So, Maddon sees the problem but he didn't really change anything to fix it.
It's going to be same problem for Schwarbe but with a different hitter in front of him..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I've been saying that since beginning that the Shift hurts him, cause he hits alot of hard grounders that would be in hole between 1st basemen and 2nd basemen but instead goes for a long GO to short right..

Thing is though , after the first AB it just going to be like it was with one hitter hitting in front of him..

Maddon should keep pitcher hitting 8th, this way he has 9 hitter and leadoff hitter having opportunity to get on on front of him..

So, Maddon sees the problem but he didn't really change anything to fix it.
It's going to be same problem for Schwarbe but with a different hitter in front of him..

Pitcher hitting 8th adds outs. It was primarily used as a spot for a struggling rookie to get AB's at low impact. IE Almora. With the current line up they are better off staying traditional.

That could mean a starter getting another inning mid innings vs getting a early PH.

I've really have never been a fan of the pitcher batting 8th. It kills rallies.

But what Joe said made sense. It forces the IF to play Schwarber at DP depth when Zobrist is on. That changes the whole approach of the AB. Before with the shift Kyle would normally hit into it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Make up date July 6th

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Pitcher hitting 8th adds outs. It was primarily used as a spot for a struggling rookie to get AB's at low impact. IE Almora. With the current line up they are better off staying traditional.

That could mean a starter getting another inning mid innings vs getting a early PH.

I've really have never been a fan of the pitcher batting 8th. It kills rallies.

But what Joe said made sense. It forces the IF to play Schwarber at DP depth when Zobrist is on. That changes the whole approach of the AB. Before with the shift Kyle would normally hit into it.
My point was hitting him 2nd has him in the same situation as leading off and having Almora or Jay hitting 9th..

Move Schwarber lower in order or keep the pitcher hitting 8th, this way there another and more opportunities for someone to get on in front of him.

Just having him bat in 2 hole doesn't mean he going to be hitting into a shift any less, except maybe in his 1st AB if Zobrist gets on.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Joe is just going with what he sees. He said Rizzo has also been struggling with the shift.

He said Happ has allowed him to feel comfortable moving Zobrist out from protecting Rizzo. So this is a chain effect hinging on Happ.

Regardless, it only matters if the results are positive.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Sure seemed like an aldermans rain out last night. Would have been a great night for a game but after two weekend night games against the yankees, sure seems like politics won this time.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Same lineup.
Let's get a win and start playing winning baseball
db5c24ebdc788e7eba25a9bad222490c.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sure seemed like an aldermans rain out last night. Would have been a great night for a game but after two weekend night games against the yankees, sure seems like politics won this time.
Yesterday game was scheduled for a day game...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Zobrist did not get the memo. He is supposed to be on base when Schwarber bats.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There goes Binny streak of not paying..

Ian Happ ROY ???

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yesterday game was scheduled for a day game...

Thanks Sherlock, that is the whole point. If it started when the weather cleared IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NIGHT GAME!!!!!!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thanks Sherlock, that is the whole point. If it started when the weather cleared IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NIGHT GAME!!!!!!!!

So, in other words, had they delayed the start by SIX hours, which is not allowed btw.

Not allowed by MLB, that is.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That not what you wrote Watson..
Plus
They wouldn't sit around and make fans sit around for 5 -6 hours before starting a game..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Are we infighting again?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Who misses Ian Stewart and Mike Olt at 3B

Kris Bryant MVP