Report: White Sox finalizing deal with Robert

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if this signing was partial target of the Sale trade, meaning they hoped it would lead to a two for 1 given that it's doubtful Crspedes or Puig would attract anyone, they stacked the deck on the Sox with Mancads who he surely knows well, and Abreu

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm thrilled they held off the Cards to get this guy into their system. Nice job Hahn...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...they have their SS, 2B, 1B, RF, LF of the future if they retain them.

Need 3B, DH, C, CF. How do those situations look on the roster and in the farm?

I like the idea of Quintana for Schwarber. Give Kyle a personal catcher assignment for like Shields or somebody he is a fit to baserunner/pitch selection wise. Somebody easy who needs runs. That way he doesn't go crazy with all that energy being a DH, gives him a position to learn and perfect, something to do and talk about.

A defensive catcher, young defensive center fielder who is a 9/1 hitter, and stud 3B isn't a huge shopping list.

This staff seems to have a way with pitchers. Vets who come here seem to tick upward, figure something out, and vets or young guys who pass through here also can do well elsewhere, so I feel like this pitching staff knows something, maybe not everything, but they are doing something.

they could theoretically replace and train the pitchers.

This signing softens the blow of Sale for Mancada for me, because I feel like we maybe don't just land the top international prospect (in the world!) without it. Surely it tipped the scales to have a young spanish speaking player of his age and talent level in the system from home, it was a nice selling point.

Tres Cubanos. Better pay Abreu. Market that shit. Tres Cubanos.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Q for Scharbs is awful. Q for Happ and Jimenez and now we have something.

Collins is the Catcher of the Future. He's got the eye and the bat and is making great strides behind the plate.

That leaves 3b, DH, CF

Davidson deserves all the time in the world at 3b. Yes he is going to K a lot. But he should hit 25-30 bombs and not be a butcher at 3b defensively.

DH and CF. DH can be filled, I'm not really worried there. CF, I'd like to see a defensive guy. I'd honestly see what the Reds would want for Billy Hamilton and then lock him up on a 5 year $30-35 million dollar deal buying out his arb years.

As was said, our pitching is pretty well average at worst right now without Q. I like the rebuild more and more.

#tankforbeer

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Q for Scharbs is awful. Q for Happ and Jimenez and now we have something.

Collins is the Catcher of the Future. He's got the eye and the bat and is making great strides behind the plate.

That leaves 3b, DH, CF

Davidson deserves all the time in the world at 3b. Yes he is going to K a lot. But he should hit 25-30 bombs and not be a butcher at 3b defensively.

DH and CF. DH can be filled, I'm not really worried there. CF, I'd like to see a defensive guy. I'd honestly see what the Reds would want for Billy Hamilton and then lock him up on a 5 year $30-35 million dollar deal buying out his arb years.

As was said, our pitching is pretty well average at worst right now without Q. I like the rebuild more and more.

#tankforbeer

IF Frazier doesn't demand the farm, I'd make him an offer. He is a good role model for the young guys and is a good two way player. THey need left handed hitting big time. As a DH and in the outfield. THeir outfield defense is very bad and though Cabrera is a decent hitter he is not a power guys and they need a power guy.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Power is going to be there at 1b, 2b, 10-15 at SS, 25-30 at 3b, 15-20 with Collins at C, 20-25 with Avi, 15-20 with Robert. That's plenty of power.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Power is going to be there at 1b, 2b, 10-15 at SS, 25-30 at 3b, 15-20 with Collins at C, 20-25 with Avi, 15-20 with Robert. That's plenty of power.

Nope. They need to balance the line-up with left handed hitting power. They have none and that is a big problem. They need left handed hitting at DH, and outfield and/or catching. Plus 25-30 HR is a lot of expectation for anyone not named Frazier and 15-20 fora catcher who has not played one inning. They also need to lock down Abreu.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nope. They need to balance the line-up with left handed hitting power. They have none and that is a big problem. They need left handed hitting at DH, and outfield and/or catching. Plus 25-30 HR is a lot of expectation for anyone not named Frazier and 15-20 fora catcher who has not played one inning. They also need to lock down Abreu.

It's what these guys project to.

LH power is so overrated.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's what these guys project to.

LH power is so overrated.

What 3b is projected to be a 25-30 guy other than Frazier? What catcher are we going to have that will be a 15-20 guy? Who made your projections? As for LH power is over-rated, who says so? A line-up should be balanced with a rotation of right and left handed hitting. You minimalize Abreu a lot which I totally disagree with especially since they have not had a left handed hitting guy to protect him for a long time.

The White Sox lack a balanced line-up throughout but especially at the bottom of the order. In fact, they lack everything at the bottom of the order. It is pathetic.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will it be Robert or Moncada winning the league MVP in 2020?

Abreu, because they got a power lefty behind him, and Robert in front.

#trescubanos

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What 3b is projected to be a 25-30 guy other than Frazier? What catcher are we going to have that will be a 15-20 guy? Who made your projections? As for LH power is over-rated, who says so? A line-up should be balanced with a rotation of right and left handed hitting. You minimalize Abreu a lot which I totally disagree with especially since they have not had a left handed hitting guy to protect him for a long time.

The White Sox lack a balanced line-up throughout but especially at the bottom of the order. In fact, they lack everything at the bottom of the order. It is pathetic.

3b Davidson
C Collins

They had Adam Dunn
They have Cabrera who is arguably a very dangerous hitter on par with a power guy

The balance is not R, L, R. The balance is a guy that can hit either type of pitching.