Charles Leno is Jermon Bushrod at LT

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keeping an extra player for protection leaves one less weapon to move the sticks this is old school thinking. Their blocking will do wonders for the running game two thumbs up. But if we are wasting a weapon for extra blocking it just shows how much further behind we are in the rebuild

THe most immobile starting qb in the NFL behind a line that has two bad offensive tackles......Why Worry, eh?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Leno is still young at 25 and is entering his 4th year and has played very good for 2 consecutive years, was selected in the 7th round, and he is playing on his rookie contract.

This is the guy that you want to extend right now!

LT is a very hard position to fill, because it is expensive and quality Tackles like Leno are hard to find.

OMG. Your linking of the words Quality tackle to Leno are so wrong it is amazing. He stinks:(

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno is serviceable. He's fine for the price and I'd look to sign him cheap to an extension.

The problem is if he hits the open market, he's bound to command like 7-10 million a year just due to being young and having all those starts under his belt.

If that happens then I'd hope we have a draft pick ready or we go spend on someone that's actually better unless he takes a major leap this year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno is serviceable. He's fine for the price and I'd look to sign him cheap to an extension.

The problem is if he hits the open market, he's bound to command like 7-10 million a year just due to being young and having all those starts under his belt.

If that happens then I'd hope we have a draft pick ready or we go spend on someone that's actually better unless he takes a major leap this year.

#nailedit

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno doesn't suck balls. He certainly isn't a shutdown LT but when you have a lot of holes on the team you need to spend the effort plugging holes not getting marginally better at a position.

I'd rather see Leno at RT but one thing at a time I guess.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His run blocking is fucking atrocious so I think his best position is in fact LT.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His run blocking is fucking atrocious so I think his best position is in fact LT.

both our tackles suck in the run game...I'd rather just get a better pass blocker at LT at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
both our tackles suck in the run game...I'd rather just get a better pass blocker at LT at this point.

I haven't looked at any metrics lately but thought Massie was a good run blocker and an abysmal pass blocker. I'm not opposed to an upgrade at either tackle spot but there are probably a few positions I'd worry about before I worried all that much about Leno. He gets the job done.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't looked at any metrics lately but thought Massie was a good run blocker and an abysmal pass blocker. I'm not opposed to an upgrade at either tackle spot but there are probably a few positions I'd worry about before I worried all that much about Leno. He gets the job done.

Massie is a better runblocker than pass blocker, but only because he is pretty bad in pass protection. Neither tackles did well at run blocking. Besides I don't think Massie is going to be on this team next year anyway.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Massie is a better runblocker than pass blocker, but only because he is pretty bad in pass protection. Neither tackles did well at run blocking. Besides I don't think Massie is going to be on this team next year anyway.

By next year do you mean the 2017 season or 2018? If you mean he stays here in 2017 but is gone 2018 then I would agree.