Charles Leno is Jermon Bushrod at LT

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If you'll recall the biggest criticism of Jermon Bushrod was that he gave up a lot of pressures. On the flip side Bushrod did not give up a lot of sacks usually an average of three sacks allowed per season.

Bushrod was also athletic with quick feet who also struggled against the bull rush and at times didn't excel in the run game.

Sound familiar?

You can make an almost identical​ evaluation of Leno.

Now how does that relate to the projected QB position? From a metric and evaluation standpoint Trubisky is accurate under pressure, he was the most accurate prospect in the draft under pressure. He also was tied with Deshaun Watson for most efficient QB in the country on third down.

All this coincides well with the inside out philosophy that gives the QB a pocket to step up into. Trubisky excels at stepping up and delivering strikes. If this ability develops further in the league the Bears and Leno are going to be just fine.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still would like to upgrade the tackles eventually. Likely more so RT than LT at the moment though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But is he as good as Webb and why are you still posting? Forgive us if we question your LT acumen and word.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If you'll recall the biggest criticism of Jermon Bushrod was that he gave up a lot of pressures. On the flip side Bushrod did not give up a lot of sacks usually an average of three sacks allowed per season.

Bushrod was also athletic with quick feet who also struggled against the bull rush and at times didn't excel in the run game.

Sound familiar?

You can make an almost identical​ evaluation of Leno.

Now how does that relate to the projected QB position? From a metric and evaluation standpoint Trubisky is accurate under pressure, he was the most accurate prospect in the draft under pressure. He also was tied with Deshaun Watson for most efficient QB in the country on third down.

All this coincides well with the inside out philosophy that gives the QB a pocket to step up into. Trubisky excels at stepping up and delivering strikes. If this ability develops further in the league the Bears and Leno are going to be just fine.

He gave up 5.5 in 2013, 6.5 in 2014. And was injured and only played 4 games in 2015.

In his 7 seasons as a ft starter, he has given up 37.5 sacks or an average of 5.4 sacks allowed per year.

Sorry, Leno has been far better than Bushrod.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He gave up 5.5 in 2013, 6.5 in 2014. And was injured and only played 4 games in 2015.

In his 7 seasons as a ft starter, he has given up 37.5 sacks or an average of 5.4 sacks allowed per year.

I think Leno and Bushrod are similar athletes.

But I agree with Mongo, Leno in 2 seasons as a starter has been far more consistent than Bushrod. Leno can struggle against really good DEs, Bushrod is always going to struggle against really good DEs.

But Bushrod to me is a better run blocker.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Pace took with him from The saints the philosophy of the male your interior elite so the tackles don't have to be. You can give up pressure from the outside as long as your QB has a clean pocket to step up in.

With that said it's clear they want to continue to upgrade the tackle spot (at least RT) because they tried signing Wagner this offseason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get the sense from Pace that no one is safe if he has the opportunity to improve at a fair price. I like that everyone needs to sing for their supper.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace took with him from The saints the philosophy of the male your interior elite so the tackles don't have to be. You can give up pressure from the outside as long as your QB has a clean pocket to step up in.

With that said it's clear they want to continue to upgrade the tackle spot (at least RT) because they tried signing Wagner this offseason.

D.Simms and A.Shaheen will help the tackles especially Simms.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Knock on wood......"Stay healthy" Charles........

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

The cutler affect though......

I noticed our oline even the bums did better without cutler in there. Or I might have been just bored with the games and dosed off who knows

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
D.Simms and A.Shaheen will help the tackles especially Simms.

Keeping an extra player for protection leaves one less weapon to move the sticks this is old school thinking. Their blocking will do wonders for the running game two thumbs up. But if we are wasting a weapon for extra blocking it just shows how much further behind we are in the rebuild

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keeping an extra player for protection leaves one less weapon to move the sticks this is old school thinking. Their blocking will do wonders for the running game two thumbs up. But if we are wasting a weapon for extra blocking it just shows how much further behind we are in the rebuild

Tight ends still often chip block on passing plays even if they don't block the entire play.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

But I agree with Mongo, Leno in 2 seasons as a starter has been far more consistent than Bushrod. Leno can struggle against really good DEs, Bushrod is always going to struggle against really good DEs.

Bushrod had a pro-bowl QB with a good head and quick release who played to his coaches system.

Leno has had Jay.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

No I meant Leno is Bushrod when Bushrod was in his prime. Not the washed up version the Bears signed from New Orleans. The smart money is that Leno can be all that Bushrod was throughout his career. Bushrod wasn't Joe Thomas or Jason Peters or Tyron Smith is now with Dallas. But he is a good serviceable long term left tackle.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Leno is still young at 25 and is entering his 4th year and has played very good for 2 consecutive years, was selected in the 7th round, and he is playing on his rookie contract.

This is the guy that you want to extend right now!

LT is a very hard position to fill, because it is expensive and quality Tackles like Leno are hard to find.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if you extend Leno and find a better tackle next year one of them can be moved to RT.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Even if you extend Leno and find a better tackle next year one of them can be moved to RT.

Totally agree, and we did draft Morgan who played LT, but is projected as a Guard. Maybe they give the kid a shot at RT. He has decent footwork and long arms, so no reason to automatically place him at guard just because he came out of DII.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both of those guys suck. Bushrod had an excuse. He was injured a lot. Leno is just bad.