***OFFICIAL*** Kyle Long - LEFT GUARD or LEFT BENCH

What u doin w/ the bum?

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After Kyle struggled at RG last season, and sucked eggs at RT a couple seasons ago, the Bears are pondering moving the fading player to the least important/impactful spot on the o-line; left guard.

My question is this -- if it was up to you, would you just bench him at this point, or nah? Maybe just cut him? He makes too much money for a LG, let alone a bench player.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Worst thread of 2017??? In the running...

Sorry, I should specified that this is only applicable for the first ~4 games of the season, when Kyle has his traditional injury and is "forced" to ride pine anyways

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. - attributed to Abraham Lincoln

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Silence is wisdom and gets a man friends[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Silence is wisdom when speaking is folly

-
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Proverbs, Maxims, and Phrases of All Ages” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Published 1887

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is better to remain silent than to speak the truth ill-humoredly, and spoil an excellent dish by covering it with bad sauce. - St. Francis de Sales

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some great man once made a famous remark about something or other that I will never forget. I can’t recall it at this moment, but it was to the effect that it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you’re a fool than to keep it open and leave no doubt about the matter.

- 'Doc' Rockwell

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. - Proverbs 17:28 King James Bible[/FONT]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. They are moving him to LG to protect his left shoulder.

2. He was absolutely fine at RG last season.

3. RT was not good, but that is hardly his fault. Getting moved positions week 1 is pretty tough.

4. He got hurt last season, hardly a history of injuries.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So Long to LG and Sitton to RG. To anyone's knowledge has Sitton ever played RG before?? This is obviously a move to protect K.Long who i actually don't think has been as great as most think he has and does get injured a lot.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Long to LG and Sitton to RG. To anyone's knowledge has Sitton ever played RG before?? This is obviously a move to protect K.Long who i actually don't think has been as great as most think he has and does get injured a lot.

He started his career in GB as a RG.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
animated-fishing-image-0138.gif

Reactions: 1ke

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

as has been stated Sitton has played right guard...Kyle long has missed time last year due to an injury....he played 16, 15, and 16 games respectively before that.....

This myth that Long is oft injured is just stupid.....please reference reality before any more legend creation....

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does moving him to LG protect his left shoulder? That's an actual question not an argument.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lots of denial, trolling, and derailment itt..

Would be nice if people just voted in the poll and discussed the topic..

If we were paying a LG this kind of money, and his name wasn't Long, there would be serious questions on the value of his contract.

But since his name is Long, it should all be ignored. Doesn't matter what injuries he incurs, or how bad he plays. You all totally aren't meatballs.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is the 3rd highest paid guard in the NFL. I don't care whether Long plays at LG or RG, but I expect him to dominate when he's on the field.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. They are moving him to LG to protect his left shoulder.

2. He was absolutely fine at RG last season.

3. RT was not good, but that is hardly his fault. Getting moved positions week 1 is pretty tough.

4. He got hurt last season, hardly a history of injuries.
He has been hurt for 2 seasons. Last season he got knocked. He was beat up the prior season or that was the excuse for his play.

He needs to get better and he was not good last year. He was adequate at best.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If we were paying a LG this kind of money, and his name wasn't Long, there would be serious questions on the value of his contract.

But since his name is Long, it should all be ignored. Doesn't matter what injuries he incurs, or how bad he plays. You all totally aren't meatballs.

It's true, Kyle Long gets a pass for being Kyle Long from the fan base. Rare talents like Alshon Jeffery get run out of town, but everyone loves Kyle Long because he said something funny on twitter.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mirror.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Did you guys know he'll play Call of Duty with the fans??? He's such a regular guy!!!