Next College Student Athlete (NCSA)

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody have any experience or opinions of this for profit college athlete recruitment service? My daughter is hoping to play college softball. Any feed back is appreciated.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Has your daughter showcased? Do you have video of plays/hits in game or other? Stats? Where does her talent/your money put her? D1? D3? NAIA? Juco?

Put together a brief recruiting video (2 min or less) of her cage swings, fielding form, throwing from position, some game vid, etc. Her name, HS, graduating year, positions played, contact information and so forth. Put it on youtube. She should identify the colleges she is interested in and communicate with them. She can call the head coaches personally after sending her email introducing herself with a link to her video and why she would be a good fit for that college's program. After sending, she should pick up the phone and call the coach personally.

If she is on a good Summer travel team, her coach should have college contacts, too.

Just some thoughts before spending money on a paid service.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, on a club team, doing showcases and attending college camps ect.... Will be working on the video this summer with her coaches. NCAA coaches can't talk to her until her Junior year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, on a club team, doing showcases and attending college camps ect.... Will be working on the video this summer with her coaches. NCAA coaches can't talk to her until her Junior year.
NCAA coaches can talk to her. She just has to be the one initiating the conversation. I'm assuming she will be a Junior this fall? I would be getting that video together and contacting the coaches of schools she has interest in/realistically can play at that level. Let them know what Summer team she is playing on and her schedule, highlighting when she will be in the area.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sorry that I can't help, as I don't have an answer....

However, I think it's amazing how shitty it is for parents and the HS athletes these days.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, agreed. I'm actually behind the ball. Most of the college coaches I've had the opportunity to talk with don't scout high school games. They are scouting players from club teams, younger than my daughter.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, agreed. I'm actually behind the ball. Most of the college coaches I've had the opportunity to talk with don't scout high school games. They are scouting players from club teams, younger than my daughter.
That's correct. Girls mature physically sooner than boys. No reason with good video she can't get on their radar, though. Good luck. :)