We got Victor Cruz, one year deal.

AussieBear

you know when you are playing madden and are doing a rebuild.. cruz is one of those guys ya sign... juss saying.. matrix...

glennon gonna make them all look like probowlers anyway... so it matters not

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Bit of a "head scratcher".....but after a bit of thought....not too much of a stretch. First off. Victor is done. There is a reason his number dropped last season and Eli didn't throw him the ball. The patella injury was that bad and he can't cut or get separation. Granted he was lined up across from Odell Beckham Jr...but it was that painfully obvious that this was not the same player as the Victor Cruz of 2012.

With that said......what would Pace's point of bringing him in to Camp on a One Year Prove It contract?! Just that, as with Ruben Randall,....prove it. We have a lot a new veteran's in the same situation and now we have an open competition as to who makes the 53. Let's see who steps up.

Davide

Liked Posts:
Why do you think that Victor Cruz has nothing left in the tank?

He's 30 years old, and he start to shine at 25 (2011). The stats decrease because of Odell Beckam JR, but he is right now the most talented receiver that we have in the roster.

He could be the "06 Mousin Mohammed"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I see the problem. The Giants released Cruz and signed Marshall, so I'm guessing some form of cancer maybe?

Cancer. Catch it!
cruzsider25s-1-web.jpg

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Having an Earl Bennett discussion without Ole just doesn't seem right. Fucking A they've banned half my favorite posters. :(

Really? I swore I saw him posting when I came back. When did the old shitbag get banned? Not that I mind - dude could talk football but was more interested in being a douche half the time. But him and I always did see eye to eye on Earl.

Earl was never a #1 WR and people expecting him to be would be disappointed, sure. But while it took a while for him to catch on, he absolutely got tough yards and was the only guy who could move the chains over the middle. He'd be a #3 possession receiver on a playoff team.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Cruz is done, save the fork. If he makes the team meatwads will claim Pace is a genius and Cruz was a steal while the truth is the Bears WR core is that damn bad that this washup cracked the roster.

Its a poor argument you are making when you already have a built in excuse for the event that you are on the losing end of it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so much drama over a one year signing of a once good player trying to resurrect a couple years left of his career.....

no one here is calling him a saviour, yet people are already pre-mad if he makes the roster........

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was looking for gifs and came across a butt fumble vid that would make Sanchez proud.
[video=youtube;wuQeUa8DlPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuQeUa8DlPM[/video]

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I don't know if he makes the team, but he is going to give Trubisky a good route running veteran to practice with on the 2nd/3rd team to help him with his transition.

Wheaton, Cruz and Wright are all similar type slot WR's (Though Wheaton can play outside more). So if all healthy I wonder who makes the team at WR.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Cruz was one of my favorite non bears of all time. I still remember watching the Jets on hard knocks where he completely destroyed them in the preseason. After the game they had Rex Ryan asking coughlin "who the hell number 3 was." Guy was a great story for an undrafted free agent but at this point I don't think he offers much other than a strong veteran presence to a young inexperienced wr room. If he matches last years numbers that is still better than anything we got from Eddie Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
so much drama over a one year signing of a once good player trying to resurrect a couple years left of his career.....

no one here is calling him a saviour, yet people are already pre-mad if he makes the roster........

Him making the roster is counterproductive to what it seems the bears are trying to do; win a SB in 46 years.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Really? I swore I saw him posting when I came back. When did the old shitbag get banned? Not that I mind - dude could talk football but was more interested in being a douche half the time. But him and I always did see eye to eye on Earl.

Earl was never a #1 WR and people expecting him to be would be disappointed, sure. But while it took a while for him to catch on, he absolutely got tough yards and was the only guy who could move the chains over the middle. He'd be a #3 possession receiver on a playoff team.

A lot of us were wrong about Earl. There's a lot of questions at wideout; he probably got a small signing bonus. The Giants got quite a bit of production from him, but he's a guy at the bottom of the roster at this point, I believe. Apparently his medical evaluation went well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Him making the roster is counterproductive to what it seems the bears are trying to do; win a SB in 46 years.

You mean giving young QBs an opportunity to work with veterans who know how to run a route and catch is counterproductive to getting better?

Cruz will not be here when we make the playoffs next, however making it easier for a QB to improve by giving him competent people to work with makes sense......

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
May have said this already, but I am just tickled that the Bears signed a guy who does the salsa, the guy who signed him was Ryan Pace, and the last stop the player was good at was New York City.

Hilarious. Best fucking timeline ever.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
May have said this already, but I am just tickled that the Bears signed a guy who does the salsa, the guy who signed him was Ryan Pace, and the last stop the player was good at was New York City.

Hilarious. Best fucking timeline ever.

get a rope

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a poor argument you are making when you already have a built in excuse for the event that you are on the losing end of it.

I'm not arguing or trying to take a position, I'm stating a fact he is done. Nothing to lose I guess with the signing but I shake my head when people are thinking he has gas in the tank.