SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Sanchez was also one year starter. Drafted 5th overall.

Neither Mahomes nor Watson were 1 yr starters so what "NEW ERA" did the Chiefs and Texans pick up on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Sanchez was also one year starter. Drafted 5th overall.

Neither Mahomes nor Watson were 1 yr starters so what "NEW ERA" did the Chiefs and Texans pick up on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad.

I was more so trying to say the draft is about to enter a new era of drafting PROJECT QBS in the 1st round.

Which Mahomes and Watson, along with Mitch most certainly are.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The very mention of Willie Tom Peters in the same thread as our savior will cause knees to insta-jerk.

Shame on you.

AussieBear

cam more than just a 1 yr wonder though... he be a 1 yr starting DI national champ and a 1 yr starting juco national champ

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
That's the conumdrum we face with Trubs.

We're either getting Cam or Peter Tom

Cam's 1 year as starter at Auburn:

2,854 yards, 30 TD, 7 INT, 66.1 completion percentage, 1,473 rushing yards, 20 TD

Result: #1 overall pick in 2010. Pro Bowl QB

Peter Tom's 1 year as starter at Florida State:

61.0 comp.pct.
3124yds
9.0 yards per comp
20tds
9ints
150.7 rating

Result: 3rd Round pick. Like every Bears QB under Ditka...HORRIBLY groomed by his archaic RUN first offense, despite BIG arm, good accuracy, and ideal size.

Trubs 1 year as starter at NC:

3748yds
30tds
6ints
68comp pct
8.4 yds per comp
157.9 rating

Result: TBD

So we'll see. You hope things turn out like Newton, but he could just as easily flame out of the league like PTW did.

Interesting thing is Newton and PTW were picked right about where they belonged. Newton was a FORCE that year like.few before him. PTW led the Seminoles to an Orange Bowl victory, but his lack of playing before that as a 5th yr senior put him in the talented but RAW category.

If the 2017 draft proved anything, it's that teams will now draft QBs based on POTENTIAL moving forward.

If this thinking was around in 1990...PTW would've been a 1st round selection.

Love it or hate it...the Bears started a NEW ERA in the NFL draft. One that the Chiefs and Texans picked up on quickly.

The Bears opened Pandora's Box in the 2017 NFL Draft. You will see 1yr wonder QBs going in the 1st round in every draft that has one.

Why are people like this going out of their way to try to prove that Trubisky is going to be a terrible QB? If you are a Bears fan I don't understand why, at this point, you wouldn't be hoping for the best? Instead, people like you are posting nonstop negative shit that pointless. The fact remains, Trubisky is the QB of the future whether you like it or not. The only conclusion I can make is that you're one of those people that just suck at life and can only hope other people do, too. It might make you feel better about yourself. Schadenfreude.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Why are people like this going out of their way to try to prove that Trubisky is going to be a terrible QB? If you are a Bears fan I don't understand why, at this point, you wouldn't be hoping for the best? Instead, people like you are posting nonstop negative shit that pointless. The fact remains, Trubisky is the QB of the future whether you like it or not. The only conclusion I can make is that you're one of those people that just suck at life and can only hope other people do, too. It might make you feel better about yourself. Schadenfreude.

What have you the idea I'm not rooting for Trubs?

You couldn't be MORE wrong about my PERSONAL feelings.

In fact i was AT the draft in Philly...and all day long, every Bears fan I bumped into I said, "let's get the QB".

And do you know what every single Bears fan said to me back?

No way!!! Too INEXPERIENCED.

I was the only FREAKING Bears fan in Philly who wanted Trubisky and went NUTS when the Bears suddenly we're on the clock.

Not every post I make reflects my PERSONAL feelings. Didn't know they had to.

Personally I was DISGUSTED by all the MEATHEAD Bears fans around the world who HATED the pick.

31 years since we had a Pro Bowl QB?

You're damn right I wanted Trubs. And am.rooting for him.

But I'm not naive enough to not be honest and admit...there is MUCH RISK involved.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Also...

You need to switch to decafe.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's also a reason Willis was drafted in round 3 and Trubisky was a top 5 pick like Newton.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thought was posted before. And again, you draft talent and physical ability, not stats.

If stats and players that played more than one year ruled the day, players like Case Keenum, Timmy Chang, Landry Jones, and Graham Harrell would be leading the NFL right now.

Just last year a player with almost as many passing attempts was drafted just as high....Carson Wentz...I don't remember the parade of people comparing him to Peter Tom Willis.

QB selections are always a gamble....every player is always a gamble. You do the scouting and you take your best shot.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Pt willis was a really good passer, as was Turk schonert, imo there was equivalent talent across the nfl but few qb whisperers, certainly not w the bears

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Pt willis was a really good passer, as was Turk schonert, imo there was equivalent talent across the nfl but few qb whisperers, certainly not w the bears

You have a good memory.

Willis had all the tools. Everyone in the organization knew it. Ditka was very smitten. Jay Hilgenberg said, "He can be something special". 49ers said afterward they were gonna take him in the 3rd or 4th round but we beat them to it. If they had, I'm sure a competent offensive staff like theirs would've developed Willis into a pretty good pro QB..probably would've been Steve Young's understudy.

From the moment he arrived in Chicago, he was Ditka's favorite. But the franchise had already invested so much time grooming Harbaugh that Ditka knew he had to give Harbaugh his rightful shot. But once Willis moved up to the clear cut backup in his 2nd year, Ditka made it known that Willis was eventually the future. And by '92 he was giving harbaugh the quick hook everytime he screwed up.

If you watch the tape, Willis was CLEARLY the superior passer. He could make all the throws and stood tall in the pocket when given time. His lack of mobility hurt him though, especially at that time as the Bears veteran O-line was in its twilight years.

P.T. wasn't bad. He just didn't get developed properly, being mired in a fossilzed run first system and being caught in the middle of all the politics between Ditka and the front office. Willis was Ditka's guy. The front office guys rallied behind Harbaugh. Hence why as soon as Ditka was fired, Jim harbaugh was inexplicably handed a brand new contract, which at the time was the RICHEST in team history.

Only the Bears.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
So Salsa Boy has his own TV show? How does that work, Pace?

Brandon Marshall must be miffed right now.

I thougth Pace only wanted people who live and breathe football on our 53.

If that's true, Cruz shouldn't make our 53 because hes got his own show on MTV.

Now maybe production on it is completed already???

If not, Pace is kind of a hypocrite. And id rather have the talented WR/ TV guy in Marshall than a washed up WR/TV guy/bad dancer in Cruz.

Not that I'd really want either.

I just don't understand this signing.

Reading Cruz lambast the Giants sounds like major sour grapes. I mean if youre producing you play Vic. He's just coming off as a diva.

I hope he doesn't make the team unless he is the BEST WR in camp. Because I HIGHLY doubt the Bears bring him back in 2018 anyway unless he has a Pro Bowl year. But then you're overpaying for a 31 year old WR?

Dump this guy come the first week of September.

Develop the Meredith's, Wheaton's, and Gentry's.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady had 66 more passing attempts in his college career than Trubisky.

Aaron Rodgers had 93 more attempts.

Carson Wentz had less than 50 more attempts.

Alex Smith had 15 more passing attempts in college.

Cam Newton had almost 300 less attempts.

:shrug:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady had 66 more passing attempts in his college career than Trubisky.

Aaron Rodgers had 93 more attempts.

Carson Wentz had less than 50 more attempts.

Alex Smith had 15 more passing attempts in college.

Cam Newton had almost 300 less attempts.

:shrug:

All good QB's.

But just know for every college QB with limited experience who does well in the NFL...

there are PROBABLY QUADRUPLE TIMES more who flame out fast.

We'll see.

I'm on board with it...I was the only Bears fan on planet earth who wanted Trubisky. Or Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.