We suck. No repeat happening.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, maybe we can run another theme.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking that they will start to sell short term contract soon. That means Montero, Arrieta, Jay and Lackey. If there was a team worth a damn in the central then this would be a forgone conclusion. With the team being this bad and no one running away with it is delaying the inevitable.

This is a .500 team. They need to work towards next year.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about a Bozo theme? They've been a clown show this year.

Maybe they should have actually used spring training to get ready for the season. They lack the intensity of the last 2 seasons. They look unprepared for the season. Everyone is giving their best effort and the Cubs were not committed to defending I their championship.

They were more concerned with pacing their players for the long season and just look unprepared for the intensity.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
cubs are
6 1/2 games out of a WC spot
7 1/2 games from being worse record in baseball

Which direction are they headed..
Tough home schedule coming up..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking that they will start to sell short term contract soon. That means Montero, Arrieta, Jay and Lackey. If there was a team worth a damn in the central then this would be a forgone conclusion. With the team being this bad and no one running away with it is delaying the inevitable.

This is a .500 team. They need to work towards next year.

Montero should have already been gone, that outfield is so full Almora has not played since Happ came up. There has to be a way to get Schwarber behind the plate. Maybe that will knock him out of this funk, watching pitches and reacting to them just trying to catch the ball.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Montero should have already been gone, that outfield is so full Almora has not played since Happ came up. There has to be a way to get Schwarber behind the plate. Maybe that will knock him out of this funk, watching pitches and reacting to them just trying to catch the ball.

No. You could argue that the pitching staff was so good last year due to Monterero and Ross's
game calling. They had a regression when Contreras came up and are in a learning curve right now.

None of the starters have elite stuff and depend on location and pitch sequences. It has a lot more to do than throw and catch the ball.

So just no. He is not a catcher.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs are hitting .211 with RISP this year. According to espn, that "would be the lowest mark in the NL in 35 years". I know people are down but that is really unsustainable. They weren't particularly good with RISP last year either but we're talking a 40+ point difference there. It's also 30 points below their non-pitcher average which is particularly odd given teams usually hit for higher average with RISP given the pressure on the pitcher.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs are hitting .211 with RISP this year. According to espn, that "would be the lowest mark in the NL in 35 years". I know people are down but that is really unsustainable. They weren't particularly good with RISP last year either but we're talking a 40+ point difference there. It's also 30 points below their non-pitcher average which is particularly odd given teams usually hit for higher average with RISP given the pressure on the pitcher.

It was interesting that the Royals were the only team that is worse this year, so that got me thinking. Baseball is a hard game. I think the saying "pride comes before the fall" is apt here.

The last two winners, who presumably think of themselves as "champions" have the worst RISP in baseball...coincidence? Perhaps in a sport where you literally have to focus to the extreme and take things pitch by pitch, rely on perfected mechanics and never get ahead of yourself, never think to highly of yourself, or too low, ... that it might be a bit easy to believe the endless pussy trail is real and you are a god and absolutely start to suck at baseball just like that.

anyway...the most inflated heads are leading the world in terrible risp, royals and cubs so its something to consider.

"addicted to success?"...like Schwarber looks addicted to hitting the ball on top of the scoreboard. He takes 3 swings an at bat to do so, when its completely unnecessary. What happened to "quick to, long through?" There is no reason to hit it 500 feet. all Kyle has to do is barrel up the ball and its going over the wall, he is the last guy that needs to swing hard.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It was interesting that the Royals were the only team that is worse this year, so that got me thinking. Baseball is a hard game. I think the saying "pride comes before the fall" is apt here.

Doubt that's really the case. Think it's more likely a combination of playing a lot more games than a typical team and thus being tired and the psychological pressure of being the team to beat. The cubs in particular don't seem as care free as they did last year. Last year you had the whole grampa rosey crap and they generally felt like they were always having fun. This year seems more like a typical team that's all business. Makes me wonder if they weren't old enough to realize the reality of what they were doing and after winning it finally set in.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Men are very prone to ego inflating from success and adoration. We get a fat pay check for a few months and we think we are the shit and know everything, much less win a world series.

Its easy to be addicted to that success, and get desperate to regain it, next thing you know the young guys are pressing real bad.

I think some of what you are saying is absolutely going on too, in that Epstein makes it all about business by not extending Arrieta, and not re-signing Fowler, Baez is on the hot seat with Candelario and Happ pressing on the door, all of a sudden you feel expendable and see the writing on the wall....you know your place and your pressing.

This team made Perdomo look like a world beater and I think he could have gone 8 innings. He through like 10 strikes in 90 pitches. Its that bad. They suck THAT BAD!!
I mean they went innings without making him throw a strike. Chase the slider low. Chase the fastball in. strikeout up. It was ugly.

I was begging Baez, Schwarber, Heyward and some other at bats from everyone (though at least Zobrist, Happ, Rizzo, bryant, contreras learned to make him throw one strike and have a solid at bat in the game) but I was begging them to just take 3 pitches. 80% chance of a 2-1 count man. Just take. He was nibbling and they were biting. Know way he throws 3 strikes, he threw an occassional first pitch cookie fast ball to look for, but after that make him throw a fucking strike. It was disgusting.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't agree with the whole ego thing. If anything it is a issue of the league is attacking the hitters in a certain way and the Cubs have not adjusted. Rizzo and Schwarber are shift happy. Bryant hit better in the 2 hole than the 3. Heyward fell after his hot start.

What made the Cubs good was they took walks and put pressure on the D with RISP. The issue with that is they need more contact in those situations.

Well except for Heyward and his 4-6-3's.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Problem I see with this team is that have too many shift hitters trying to hit homeruns..

They get a guy on 2nd and or 3rd and instead of just trying to put ball in play and hit a single or deep fly, their trying to go yard..
End up striking out or hitting pop ups..

The other day , 1 out runner on 1st and 3rd and Russell up, who struggling ..
Why not bunt

Try something different to get run home..

Pitchers hitting with runners on bases, Maddon has them swinging .. bunt, move guys over instead of just striking out..

They need to start playing small ball over waiting for homeruns and try to get some of these bats out of their funk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk