Close
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 167
  1. #23
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,147
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Losing sucks but I believe Hahn has a vision and is finally pulling the strings. Let's see what he can can do at the trading deadline to further enhance the prospect pool. Also, he's in the midst of the draft and picked up a big bat in round one. Too bad Q is not killing it because he would have brought another big haul of talent. Maybe he still will. Robertson has value to a contender too. The other thing I'm watching is A. Garcia, L. Garcia, Sanchez and Davidson are they all part of the plan or making the case to be included? Getting Rodon back would be nice too.
    I don't understand our first round pick yesterday. Is Davidson not part of our future plans? I mean, he's only 26. Why seemingly draft his replacement before we ever really give a shot to see what he's got?
    WestEndZone.com

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand our first round pick yesterday. Is Davidson not part of our future plans? I mean, he's only 26. Why seemingly draft his replacement before we ever really give a shot to see what he's got?
    Davidson has a ways to go to prove himself as a major league player. Besides, as I see it, the Sox have quite a few holes in their line-up and they can sure use upgrades in about three places in the batting order.

  4. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hawk, you are wrong. this team is over performing right now. 6 out is about as best they could hope for regardless of your personal vendetta against Jerry.
    That is not true. They have three holes in their line-up and are still only a relatively few games out of first place. Reinny is clearly a bad owner and the quicker he is out of power the better. They had a chance to fill some of these line-up holes in the off season and Reinny wouldn't give Hahn the support he needed to make a couple of deals.

  5. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our division sucks this year. We still have like the 4th worst record in the MLB; and we're overachieving.
    This is what is frustrating to me. No middle of the order left handed hitting. The worse catching group in the majors. No center fielder worth a lick. If we had even average production out of those three spots, they'd be in first place right now because of the weakness of the division. Once you get into the play-offs, then anything is possible.

  6. #27
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is not true. They have three holes in their line-up and are still only a relatively few games out of first place. Reinny is clearly a bad owner and the quicker he is out of power the better. They had a chance to fill some of these line-up holes in the off season and Reinny wouldn't give Hahn the support he needed to make a couple of deals.
    Fill it Hawk. Go ahead. Let's see you do that. Last time you and Rask failed miserably at it. But I'm open to you having another shot at it.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  7. #28
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,147
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Davidson gets the first grand slam of his career tonight.
    WestEndZone.com

  8. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fill it Hawk. Go ahead. Let's see you do that. Last time you and Rask failed miserably at it. But I'm open to you having another shot at it.
    In your judgement, Ace. As I recall, you refuted based on nothing more than your opinion. In the off season, they could have gotten at least two decent left handed hitting bats in the line-up. Want to dispute that? Rask's post was a good one. You really have bought into this false notion that the only path for this White Sox team is to totally abandon the notion of competing for years while you stock-pile unproven prospects who you HOPE develop into good major league players. I do not agree with that being the only course to follow let alone the best course to follow among many.

    The Chicago White Sox are years away from young talent being ever qualified to fill three very weak places in the batting order and it is ridiculous. They had a chance before this off season was completed of winning their division and I am very pissed off by this decision. The truth is that they could have revamped their farm system and still put a competitive team on the field. And this is ALL on Reinny.

  9. #30
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Sorry, The Hawk, lots of blah, but no substance. Focus please.

    Who would you have gotten? How would they have been acquired?

    Describe this rebuild of the minors and going for it at the same time.

    Put the Kool-Aid down and put some meat behind anything.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  10. #31
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Loved what we did in the first 10 rounds of the draft. I am still hoping our coaches can develop hitting half as good as we develop pitching. Hahn and crew did nothing to lose the top spot as the best minor league system in the game. I was reading that Burger barely cuts in at #10 for organizational prospects. That's depth right there.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  11. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Fun game to watch today and a good all around team win. Even pulled off a suicide squeeze which you don't see very often. Davidson sure looks like he is making a statement that he belongs in the majors. If they had a decent center fielder and catcher along with a little pop from the left side, this team still could win this weak division. Everyone seems to think that the Sox will be sellers before the trade deadline but do not be surprised if they add a couple of bats. Come-on you old skinflint, withdraw some money from your "I'M TAKING IT WITH ME ACCOUNT" and give Hahn some money to spend:

  12. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, The Hawk, lots of blah, but no substance. Focus please.

    This? Coming from you of all people? Funny stuff.

    Who would you have gotten?

    I would have gotten a left handed hitting CF and catcher.

    How would they have been acquired?

    Um, that's a tough one. Oh wait. I got it. Its via trades

    Describe this rebuild of the minors and going for it at the same time.

    Its called being able to walk straight and chew gum at the same time.

    Put the Kool-Aid down and put some meat behind anything.
    You, of all people, are talking about drinking Kool-aid? There are several different ways to go about building a baseball team. The Sox have a very good GM and a bad owner. You drink the Reinny Kool-aid with the worst of them

  13. #34
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Kyle Schwarber would fit this team well. You could pair him with a defensive catcher and just have him catch 1 or 2 guys per cycle.

    That would allow us to continue to look at farm bats with good frequency or rest other position players.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  14. #35
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You, of all people, are talking about drinking Kool-aid? There are several different ways to go about building a baseball team. The Sox have a very good GM and a bad owner. You drink the Reinny Kool-aid with the worst of them
    Bad owner? 7 championships. Gave the fans many years to be better as well. I don't think your sky reflects blue.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  15. #36
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kyle Schwarber would fit this team well. You could pair him with a defensive catcher and just have him catch 1 or 2 guys per cycle.

    That would allow us to continue to look at farm bats with good frequency or rest other position players.
    No thanks. Way Way Way too costly
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  16. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad owner? 7 championships. Gave the fans many years to be better as well. I don't think your sky reflects blue.
    Yeah, bad owner. He won 6 of those titles because of Jordan. You must be related to Reinny

  17. #38
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, bad owner. He won 6 of those titles because of Jordan. You must be related to Reinny
    Yes, ignore Pippen, Grant, and Rodman. I'm not going down this road with you.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  18. #39
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    #TankforBeer
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  19. #40
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,303
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Gotta have Beer with your Burger
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyMontana For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No thanks. Way Way Way too costly
    You make it sound like it is your money that it would take. Reinny is an idiot.

  22. #42
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    You make it seem like money is no object The Hawk.

    BTW, I'm talking trade value.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  23. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make it seem like money is no object The Hawk.

    BTW, I'm talking trade value.
    IT shouldn't be that way. Reinny is rolling in money and is still a bad owner. A good owner should want to win all of the time. Reinny doesn't.

  24. #44
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,505
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IT shouldn't be that way. Reinny is rolling in money and is still a bad owner. A good owner should want to win all of the time. Reinny doesn't.
    you have no evidence that he does not want to win always.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  25. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •