First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I am not "blinded" by anything. I see clearly about the woeful incompetence and cheapness of Reinny. Somehow the White Sox have gotten some fans to buy into this wholesale dismantling of a team that after last season could have added a couple of quality players and contended in their weak division. This team is a joke and will be a joke for at least 2-3 years.

We tried that plan of adding quality players for how many years only to neither win the division nor make the playoffs. That's a failing plan and the definition of insanity.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We tried that plan of adding quality players for how many years only to neither win the division nor make the playoffs. That's a failing plan and the definition of insanity.

Bullshit. They made a series of half measures and never invested the money on players to win a championship. They didn't add many "quality players". What they added was a series of over-the-hill highly paid former players like Dunn who they hoped would rekindle once former glory. That is not sound management. It was and still is stupidity. Reinny had a chance to take over the AL after 2005 and fucked things up because he is a miserly prick.

But okay, did you take a gander at the pathetic pitching displayed once again on the field today. Some douche I have never heard of gave up four fucking walks in less than an inning to the Rangers and they lost by one run. Who in the fuck likes this crap? ANd you can tell me all the crap that you can about this supposed treasure trove in the minor leagues at single A and DOuble A. I give a shit about them. What I do know is that the major league team and their 3A "talent" sucks. And the pitching is the worst in baseball in the near future.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've already shown the White Sox aren't cheap. Let's hit the myth of the "worst in baseball" pitching staff.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/earned-run-average

Hmm. So the White Sox are #23 in era, just over a half a run worse than last year when they had Sale and Q.

WHIP, just a tenth worse, and #26 in the league ahead of a team like the Mets.
https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/walks-plus-hits-per-inning-pitched

They are "the worst!"

Right now they are the worst. What you fail to understand is after they dumped all of their good pitchers this season, the runs against numbers are climbing big time. THe relievers that they have are pathetic and they basically have on decent starter in Rodon.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've already shown the White Sox aren't cheap. Let's hit the myth of the "worst in baseball" pitching staff.

Hmm. So the White Sox are #23 in era, just over a half a run worse than last year when they had Sale and Q.

They are "the worst!"

Lets see.......Over the last five straight losses. The Sox pitching staff has given up slightly less than 8 runs a game. That is horrific. Cooper has got to be wanting to get the hell out of there. He built a top notch pitching staff and Reinny got rid of all of the good ones that he developed. Saw also that Reinny insulted Ozzie , that he had burned his bridges. Reinny is mentally unstable to be sure. HE did a similarly embarrassing thing in his letter about Thibs. Two proven top rank coaches and they get burned by a cheap assed pathetic owner. That is one of my biggest reasons for hating Reinny. He has no class.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's frustrating watching the Sox lose games because of the trades they've made, but at least they have picked a direction (rebuild) as opposed to limping along to 75-80 win seasons. There's no guarantee that the Sox will get the same result as the Cubs, but their farm system is exciting and I'm looking forward to the future. 2019/2020 could be the beginning of a team built to contend for a decade... the losing still sucks, but there's silver lining around those storm clouds. I'm just hoping they stay under the 100 loss mark.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's frustrating watching the Sox lose games because of the trades they've made, but at least they have picked a direction (rebuild) as opposed to limping along to 75-80 win seasons. There's no guarantee that the Sox will get the same result as the Cubs, but their farm system is exciting and I'm looking forward to the future. 2019/2020 could be the beginning of a team built to contend for a decade... the losing still sucks, but there's silver lining around those storm clouds. I'm just hoping they stay under the 100 loss mark.

Unlike the Cubs, the Sox have a plethora of plus arms in the minors. Epstein and company did an amazing job but it might not be sustainable because they lack organizational depth when it comes to pitching.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Delmonico has been putting on a show. He has an excellent approach at the plate. Plus, he's left handed. I hope he keeps it up.

It would be nice to see Davidson get back and get some more at bats before the end of the season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unlike the Cubs, the Sox have a plethora of plus arms in the minors. Epstein and company did an amazing job but it might not be sustainable because they lack organizational depth when it comes to pitching.

Funny shit. Have the Rangers quit hitting yet? Last I saw they just plated 17 runs. But hey, Brett and you folks think that this pitching talent is just peachy. 17 fucking runs and in the seventh inning yet. I am telling you, this supposed "plethora of plus arms" doesn't mean shit. This team is the ass-hole of the American league.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The nice thing about the WhiteSox rebuild is that not only is it pitching focuessed, the minors have ceilings of #1's and #2's abound. Now they won't all work out and those that do won't all hit the ceiling, but pitching seems to be more reliable to predict future success than hitting. I'm very excited for what the team does with it's system. While I still have my doubts in the franchises ability to develop hitters, I think they might be turning a corner there too.

I'm going Monday to the DH. Got free tickets thru a vendor to be in a "special" diamond suite. Get to see Rodon and Giolito. I'm pumped just to see the guys develop.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Funny shit. Have the Rangers quit hitting yet? Last I saw they just plated 17 runs. But hey, Brett and you folks think that this pitching talent is just peachy. 17 fucking runs and in the seventh inning yet. I am telling you, this supposed "plethora of plus arms" doesn't mean shit. This team is the ass-hole of the American league.

Over 14,000 posts and not a single cogent thought... Has to be some kind of record... You realize your post has zero correlation to what I posted. Does anyone care that Holland was bombed?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People who actually know baseball aren't calling the White Sox a laughing stock. They recognize the total tear-down and rebuild we're going through and realize we're gonna take some lumps; but they're not calling us a laughing stock. In fact, they're applauding the amount of young talent Hahn has amassed in such a short time. You must be talking baseball with idiots.

That last sentence of yours was really ironic:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over 14,000 posts and not a single cogent thought... Has to be some kind of record... You realize your post has zero correlation to what I posted. Does anyone care that Holland was bombed?

I have to ask. Was it Germany that bombed them?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I do love that word "plethora":)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Okay. I'll play. Can you please name all of these "quality" players that the Sox added? Were many of these guys all-stars when the Sox traded for them? IF not, I wouldn't call them "quality" players.

I hear all of this stuff about the White Sox and their failing plan. I actually agree with the fact that it truly was a failing plan. But not the reason that you guys give for its failure. The actual reason why their plan failed is that they did not go out and get the talent necessary to fill in for their weak spots. That goes back to Reinny's refusal to spend money. Period. THE END:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They are "the worst!"

How about those 17 runs that Texas scored yesterday, Brett? Think that the team ERA got any better?:( Those Ranger hitters are sure impressed by the Sox pitching staff, eh?