Close
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who nitpick spelling are weak people. You and Brett do it all of the time because both of you are weak. There are maybe six people on this entire board and Brett is moaning about having a moderator assigned to ban me for daring to question your pollyanna assessment of the White Sox white flag actions.

Sports boards are not dictated by a few people who think only one way yet you two fellows want it to be that way. Instead you and Brett want to shovel insults at me. Both of your are childlike.

Also instead of arguing the possibility of trading Abreu and Garcia as the article talked about and take a position whether or not it might be in the realm of possibility, you nitpick the nature of the article itself. Do you think that Reinny would consider trading their only star in order to get more younger players? And if he does, do you agree with it? This is called intelligent conversation. Why don't you two fellows try it sometime?
    #NitPicking

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you ever wrote a post that didn't blame Reinsdorf for literally everything, maybe people would take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    If you ever wrote a post that didn't blame Reinsdorf for literally everything, maybe people would take you seriously?
    I asked you a question about your opinion and you blew it off. As for taking me serious. I really do not care what you think. All you have are petty insults about spelling. I tried to engage you on a discussion about trading Abreu. I asked you your opinion. Obviously you do not want to discuss anything.

This is the weakness of this board. No one wants to engage in debate or discussion. Instead we get a couple of people bloviating about all of these prospects that the Sox have. We have one guy, Brett, who wants a moderator to censure a person who doesn't agree with rosiness of the Sox situation. We have a couple of guys mocking someone spells a guys name wrong. Talk about a weak sports board. No wonder why no one enters this site.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And stopped bringing up points that have been shown to you as wrong with facts. That's the ban-able offense you keep making.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

I asked you a question about your opinion and you blew it off. As for taking me serious. I really do not care what you think. All you have are petty insults about spelling. I tried to engage you on a discussion about trading Abreu. I asked you your opinion. Obviously you do not want to discuss anything.

This is the weakness of this board. No one wants to engage in debate or discussion. Instead we get a couple of people bloviating about all of these prospects that the Sox have. We have one guy, Brett, who wants a moderator to censure a person who doesn't agree with rosiness of the Sox situation. We have a couple of guys mocking someone spells a guys name wrong. Talk about a weak sports board. No wonder why no one enters this site.
    Well everyone knows that, no matter what I answered, you would turn it into a tirade against Reinsdorf, because that is the only trick you know. If I say I think he should be traded, you'll say because Reinny is cheap and we will have less major league talent next year . If I say I don't think he should be traded, you'll say he will be because Reinny is cheap and wants to die with lots of money. 'Bloviating about prospects' is a hilarious line given those prospects are going to be the team in a few years, and all you do on here is bloviate about Reinsdorf and how bad the Sox will be next year.

All the while, anyone who is reasonable will say that you'd trade him if the price is right. Personally I think they should only consider moving Abreu for a real haul, because I think he's got at least five good years left as a hitter and is obviously a great locker room especially with the young Cuban players. And I don't think they'll get a haul for him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

Well everyone knows that, no matter what I answered, you would turn it into a tirade against Reinsdorf, because that is the only trick you know. If I say I think he should be traded, you'll say because Reinny is cheap and we will have less major league talent next year . If I say I don't think he should be traded, you'll say he will be because Reinny is cheap and wants to die with lots of money. 'Bloviating about prospects' is a hilarious line given those prospects are going to be the team in a few years, and all you do on here is bloviate about Reinsdorf and how bad the Sox will be next year.

All the while, anyone who is reasonable will say that you'd trade him if the price is right. Personally I think they should only consider moving Abreu for a real haul, because I think he's got at least five good years left as a hitter and is obviously a great locker room especially with the young Cuban players. And I don't think they'll get a haul for him.
    If he was a non-latino speaking player, I'd ship him out if the right offer came along. However, his value in the intangibles that will not appear on the back of his baseball card is every bit as valuable as the ones that will.
    Hidden Content

brett05 and dennehy.... just can't stop #NitPicking poor Hawk

Ares,
    I have a pigeon for you...
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Ares,
    I have a pigeon for you...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Just saw yesterday that one of my heroes growing up has passed away, Jim Landis. Landis to me was as good a defensive center fielder as there was in the game at the time. He also had a very good throwing arm and excellent speed. Part of the hitless wonders crew that won the AL title in '59, the Go GO WHITE SOX

Just saw yesterday that one of my heroes growing up has passed away, Jim Landis. Landis to me was as good a defensive center fielder as there was in the game at the time. He also had a very good throwing arm and excellent speed. Part of the hitless wonders crew that won the AL title in '59, the Go GO WHITE SOX
    I know you hate being corrected, but the Hitless Wonders were the 1906 team, not the 1959 team.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I know you hate being corrected, but the Hitless Wonders were the 1906 team, not the 1959 team.
    I called the 1959 white sox hitless wonders because they won with pitching and defense along with speed not hitting.

I called the 1959 white sox hitless wonders because they won with pitching and defense along with speed not hitting.
    They were actually called the "Go, Go White Sox". They stole some bases, which at the time was considered a lot....mostly by Aparicio. Those numbers were dwarfed by the likes of Brock and Henderson many years later.

Don't let the pics fool ya, this song was released in 1959.

17. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678