White Sox Game Talk 2017

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I am watching a espn baseball show and they replayed a catch that a junior league (13-14) center fielder made going over the center field fence to steal a home run away. One of the best catches an outfielder can ever make let alone a 13 year old kid. The analyst back at the studio then talked about a great catch that Jay Bruner made while with the Mariners awhile back. It was a very similar catch only made by the right fielder Bruner.

AN interesting fact that I didn't know was that just two innings before Bruner made that catch, Griffey Jr. and Bruner were talking about climbing the wall and what the rule was for when the out was registered. So the two asked an umpire in that game about the rule. The rule in case you don't know it is that the player catching the ball has got to get back onto the field of play and show the ball in the glove to the umpire. So, when Bruner caught that ball, you see him jumping back onto the field and show the ball to the umpire who gave the out sign.

The two guys on the show wondered what the little league rule was because the kid who made the catch threw the ball back and the outfield umpire gave the out sign.

Thought this was all pretty interesting.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said it wasn't the worst which is what you said.

IT is currently which is what I also said, nitpicker. THey started the year off with a decent pitching staff including a couple of very good relief pitchers. CUrrently they have the worst top to bottom pitching staff in all of baseball. Sometime you need to get your nose out of statistics because they do not tell the right story all of the time and frequently be manipulated to suit one's story.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
IT is currently which is what I also said, nitpicker. THey started the year off with a decent pitching staff including a couple of very good relief pitchers. CUrrently they have the worst top to bottom pitching staff in all of baseball. Sometime you need to get your nose out of statistics because they do not tell the right story all of the time and frequently be manipulated to suit one's story.

My bad, I should just trust you.

*sorry, forgot my green crayon

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Shields has definitely been pitching better since he adjusted his release point. Nice to see Moncada tie it and Anderson win it last night...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Lopez lock down his first win. The starting pitching is looking very promising. The team pitching wise is making steady improvement and is eclipsing pre-trade performance, though that probably won't hold this season. I like the depth they have int he minors a lot. Not only a lot of TOR types, but a lot of MOR guys too that will fill out the BOR and relievers as needed. Also available in trades when the time comes.

Abreu is the team captain both in performance and from mentoring the young Hispanics on the team. He's the influence this young team will need going forward. Our infield is set right now with Burger coming up in 2019/2020. Catching has been better than I had thought it would be for this team, but the catchers we have gotten the past two seasons in the draft show quite a bit of promise.

I want to see one more 850ish OPS from Avi before a long term contract is in order. Our Young OFers with Rutherford, Jimenez will be something in 2019 and maybe even mid season 2018.

And we get another top level pick next year.

My hats off to Hahn who rebuilt this team in less than a year. Truly amazing.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The bats were on fire today. 25 hits and 17 runs.

Avi went 5/5 with 7 RBIs
Moncada 4/5

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thank Rick not jerry. Took way too long to finally get a rebuild going and it all starts with jerry. I'm glad the adults took over and we finally have a direction we can build on

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Anderson and Moncada played well last night. Lopez did enough to get the win.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw where a little girl in I think New York as hit by a foul ball off of the bat of Todd Frasier and is lucky to be alive. The speed of the ball exiting his bat was something around 120 MPH. Fortunately she is expected to be okay but it does point out something that I have expressed before,namely baseball parks do a better job of protecting its fans from batted balls.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Saw where a little girl in I think New York as hit by a foul ball off of the bat of Todd Frasier and is lucky to be alive. The speed of the ball exiting his bat was something around 120 MPH. Fortunately she is expected to be okay but it does point out something that I have expressed before,namely baseball parks do a better job of protecting its fans from batted balls.

It was under 110, but no matter, that was scary. While I agree baseball needs to just make it mandatory, the parents deserve some blame for this too.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was under 110, but no matter, that was scary. While I agree baseball needs to just make it mandatory, the parents deserve some blame for this too.

Nope. You cannot blame parents. It is the responsibility of the home team to protect fans from injury, plain and simply put. Now, accidents do occur and not everything can be prevented but this just begs of common sense. Just screen off the areas where line drives traveling at great rates of speed can hurt or kill people.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kudos to Avi and Abreu for having the great years that they had despite not having a batting order to help them out much. I just hope that Reinny doesn't order Hahn to get rid of them before their contracts are up and they want more money.