White Sox Game Talk 2017

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You make it seem like money is no object The Hawk.

BTW, I'm talking trade value.

IT shouldn't be that way. Reinny is rolling in money and is still a bad owner. A good owner should want to win all of the time. Reinny doesn't.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you have no evidence that he does not want to win always.

Oh come on. The guy is rolling in money and will not commit to allowing his GM to get what it takes to win a championship. This has gone on for decades. I know that you love their youth movement and that is fine but you can build a farm system and still win a championship, particularly in the weakest division in baseball. Hahn is a smart guy but going into this season with three gaping holes in their line-up is awful. No major league center fielder, terrible catching, and weakness at 2nd base. It is embarrassing as a fan when you know that your team doesn't even make an attempt to compete.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Oh come on. The guy is rolling in money and will not commit to allowing his GM to get what it takes to win a championship. This has gone on for decades. I know that you love their youth movement and that is fine but you can build a farm system and still win a championship, particularly in the weakest division in baseball. Hahn is a smart guy but going into this season with three gaping holes in their line-up is awful. No major league center fielder, terrible catching, and weakness at 2nd base. It is embarrassing as a fan when you know that your team doesn't even make an attempt to compete.

They are doing what is needed. The team was not in the position to do both as has been seen in previous years. So they are all in on the rebuild. 2b will be covered by Yoan. Catcher will be covered by Collins. CF was Tilson, Robles would be our best option there if a trade can be done.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are doing what is needed. The team was not in the position to do both as has been seen in previous years. So they are all in on the rebuild. 2b will be covered by Yoan. Catcher will be covered by Collins. CF was Tilson, Robles would be our best option there if a trade can be done.

THat is a pipedream. RIght now they have weaknesses at short-stop(defensively), second base, center field, and catching and soon an opening in left field. PRospects are not going to cover all of those deficiencies no matter how much stock you put in them. This is on Reinny's failures to spend money. THis is the same shit show that the Bears and Bulls are doing. Failures to spend money and when they spend money it is on second rate players and long shot prospects who you "HOPE" will develop. I hate Reinny. HE is a horse shit owner. So are the McCaskeys.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He spent money, it did not work toward winning or getting fans in as we covered before. So no, he shouldn't be spending money at this stage.

Oh bullshit. He did not spend money, namely real money to make this team a winner. I watched this game tonight and it was one of the poorest example of a shit team I have ever seen. I also wanted to puke. They were facing a bad team in my estimation in the Yankees, and they had maybe five legit hitters in their line-ups. Some comments:

1. Petricka is awful, cut him. He gave him cake fastballs after the team cut the lead to one run.

2. Anderson should be sent down and learn to play center field and learn to not give up a bat. I watched this guy wave at three straight crap pitches in the dirt. HE GAVE UP AN AT BAT for cripes sake and that is bullshit. He is also a terrible short-stop defensively.

3. Abreau should become a DH and part-time 1B. He has no range and limited skill in the ball in the dirt.

4. This leaves probably moving Davidson to 1b which I could see as a positive.

5. Let Moncada play 3rd base as his position and find a good solid left handed hitting bat at second base. I suggested Calhoun who would be ideal.

6. Trade "Q" right now. I love "Q" but his trade value lately will be very enticing to contenders for a lot of reasons. The Dodgers covet him. The Yankees covet him. Houston covets him. So trade him. He may end up getting more in value than Sales before it is over.

7. The absolute WORST position that the Sox have is at catcher and I will never put their future at a mid level catcher in the farm system. It is bullshit. So, as part of any deal for "Q", I want a legit major league catcher in return. I am tired of build for the long term future crap. Prospects are nothing but prospects. I have had tens of kids who graduated to college and the pros as ball players. They all had talent in high school and college. FOUR made it and none of them big. I have also coached against some great players on other comparable teams and NONE of them became major league stars either. And this is in probably the biggest hot bed of baseball talent in the US.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I watched this game tonight and it was one of the poorest example of a ... team I have ever seen. I also wanted to puke. They were facing a bad team in my estimation in the Yankees,

That right there summarizes everything right there. :smh:
4. This leaves probably moving Davidson to 1b which I could see as a positive.

That's your 3b. He's not being moved.

5. Let Moncada play 3rd base as his position and find a good solid left handed hitting bat at second base. I suggested Calhoun who would be ideal.

He's your future 2b. Maybe even later this year. Calhoun is not the option we need.

6. Trade "Q" right now. I love "Q" but his trade value lately will be very enticing to contenders for a lot of reasons. The Dodgers covet him. The Yankees covet him. Houston covets him. So trade him. He may end up getting more in value than Sales before it is over.

As long as the offer is what he's worth we finally agree.

7. The absolute WORST position that the Sox have is at catcher and I will never put their future at a mid level catcher in the farm system.
It's the weakest spot in baseball at all levels. We have Collins and hopefully Skough signs. It's going to take a buiild up

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He spent money, it did not work toward winning or getting fans in as we covered before. So no, he shouldn't be spending money at this stage.

He didn't spend enough money To say he shouldn't spend money is funny for a guy rolling in money like Reinny. His team is an embarrassment on the field and despite having some good core players they have some people in their everyday line-up that suck. It is ridiculous and greatly preventable. ANd then he complains about fans not showing up? Why show up and give your hard earned money to a man who will not put a decent product on the field?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should go after Calhoun or someone of his caliber and put him at either 2nd base or left field. He'd be a perfect two hole hitter. He is young, doesn't strike out much and can rake especially in a hitter's park like the Sox have. Ruiz, a Dodgers prospect at catcher, is highly rated yet young so they need a dependable veteran for awhile. And they really need to think about Andersen making a position change

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They should go after Calhoun or someone of his caliber and put him at either 2nd base or left field. He'd be a perfect two hole hitter. He is young, doesn't strike out much and can rake especially in a hitter's park like the Sox have. Ruiz, a Dodgers prospect at catcher, is highly rated yet young so they need a dependable veteran for awhile. And they really need to think about Andersen making a position change

There is zero reason to look at a guy at 2b. They have Yoan. And Yolmer has been fine at 2b.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is zero reason to look at a guy at 2b. They have Yoan. And Yolmer has been fine at 2b.

They have three or four big holes in their line-up with virtually no left handed hitting power. I realize that Moncada is anticipated to be at 2nd base but so what? Young players can be molded into something other than the position that they have played more often. They need better players. Period. The only way that the Sox will advance as a team is if Reinny sells it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have three or four big holes in their line-up with virtually no left handed hitting power. I realize that Moncada is anticipated to be at 2nd base but so what? Young players can be molded into something other than the position that they have played more often. They need better players. Period. The only way that the Sox will advance as a team is if Reinny sells it.

Nope and I don't like Reinsdorf any more than you do but if he and Williams just leave Hahn alone to continue what he started, it won't be as long as you think before they are contending. It will come quicker than the Cubs, mostly because Hahn had some valuable players to deal. Epstein had a Cub team that was nearly void of talent that he could move. I may be the only one, but I think they should hang onto Quintana. You don't want to go with a staff of all kids...plus he's a young veteran. Hahn can still get a nice haul from Frazier, Cabrera and Robertson.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope and I don't like Reinsdorf any more than you do but if he and Williams just leave Hahn alone to continue what he started, it won't be as long as you think before they are contending. It will come quicker than the Cubs, mostly because Hahn had some valuable players to deal. Epstein had a Cub team that was nearly void of talent that he could move. I may be the only one, but I think they should hang onto Quintana. You don't want to go with a staff of all kids...plus he's a young veteran. Hahn can still get a nice haul from Frazier, Cabrera and Robertson.

You may be right. I just hate Reinny because of his history of half measures and whimpering about fan attendance as if it is the obligation of people to spend their money to support a shitty team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So at the risk of setting off at least one poster that visits this forum...what the heck happened these last three days? I get it...baseball, but come on Houston. You're the best offensive team in baseball and you can't tee off on the White Sox? I get it with Rodon, he's been SPECIAL his last three starts (including last night), but man oh man. Win a game or three would ya?

Thankfully the Phillies won 2 of 3 as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So at the risk of setting off at least one poster that visits this forum...what the heck happened these last three days? I get it...baseball, but come on Houston. You're the best offensive team in baseball and you can't tee off on the White Sox? I get it with Rodon, he's been SPECIAL his last three starts (including last night), but man oh man. Win a game or three would ya?

Thankfully the Phillies won 2 of 3 as well.

I realize we want the first pick but at the same time it's nice to see the young guys win some games. What Moncada did last night was awesome. Anderson has been better lately too. I don't want the kids to be comfortable losing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And they battled again in last night's loss to the Royals. Anderson damn near won the thing in the 9th. Just missed it...