Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Losing sucks but I believe Hahn has a vision and is finally pulling the strings. Let's see what he can can do at the trading deadline to further enhance the prospect pool. Also, he's in the midst of the draft and picked up a big bat in round one. Too bad Q is not killing it because he would have brought another big haul of talent. Maybe he still will. Robertson has value to a contender too. The other thing I'm watching is A. Garcia, L. Garcia, Sanchez and Davidson are they all part of the plan or making the case to be included? Getting Rodon back would be nice too.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Losing sucks but I believe Hahn has a vision and is finally pulling the strings. Let's see what he can can do at the trading deadline to further enhance the prospect pool. Also, he's in the midst of the draft and picked up a big bat in round one. Too bad Q is not killing it because he would have brought another big haul of talent. Maybe he still will. Robertson has value to a contender too. The other thing I'm watching is A. Garcia, L. Garcia, Sanchez and Davidson are they all part of the plan or making the case to be included? Getting Rodon back would be nice too.

I don't understand our first round pick yesterday. Is Davidson not part of our future plans? I mean, he's only 26. Why seemingly draft his replacement before we ever really give a shot to see what he's got?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't understand our first round pick yesterday. Is Davidson not part of our future plans? I mean, he's only 26. Why seemingly draft his replacement before we ever really give a shot to see what he's got?

Davidson has a ways to go to prove himself as a major league player. Besides, as I see it, the Sox have quite a few holes in their line-up and they can sure use upgrades in about three places in the batting order.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawk, you are wrong. this team is over performing right now. 6 out is about as best they could hope for regardless of your personal vendetta against Jerry.

That is not true. They have three holes in their line-up and are still only a relatively few games out of first place. Reinny is clearly a bad owner and the quicker he is out of power the better. They had a chance to fill some of these line-up holes in the off season and Reinny wouldn't give Hahn the support he needed to make a couple of deals.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our division sucks this year. We still have like the 4th worst record in the MLB; and we're overachieving.

This is what is frustrating to me. No middle of the order left handed hitting. The worse catching group in the majors. No center fielder worth a lick. If we had even average production out of those three spots, they'd be in first place right now because of the weakness of the division. Once you get into the play-offs, then anything is possible.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That is not true. They have three holes in their line-up and are still only a relatively few games out of first place. Reinny is clearly a bad owner and the quicker he is out of power the better. They had a chance to fill some of these line-up holes in the off season and Reinny wouldn't give Hahn the support he needed to make a couple of deals.

Fill it Hawk. Go ahead. Let's see you do that. Last time you and Rask failed miserably at it. But I'm open to you having another shot at it.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Davidson gets the first grand slam of his career tonight.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fill it Hawk. Go ahead. Let's see you do that. Last time you and Rask failed miserably at it. But I'm open to you having another shot at it.

In your judgement, Ace. As I recall, you refuted based on nothing more than your opinion. In the off season, they could have gotten at least two decent left handed hitting bats in the line-up. Want to dispute that? Rask's post was a good one. You really have bought into this false notion that the only path for this White Sox team is to totally abandon the notion of competing for years while you stock-pile unproven prospects who you HOPE develop into good major league players. I do not agree with that being the only course to follow let alone the best course to follow among many.

The Chicago White Sox are years away from young talent being ever qualified to fill three very weak places in the batting order and it is ridiculous. They had a chance before this off season was completed of winning their division and I am very pissed off by this decision. The truth is that they could have revamped their farm system and still put a competitive team on the field. And this is ALL on Reinny.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sorry, The Hawk, lots of blah, but no substance. Focus please.

Who would you have gotten? How would they have been acquired?

Describe this rebuild of the minors and going for it at the same time.

Put the Kool-Aid down and put some meat behind anything.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Loved what we did in the first 10 rounds of the draft. I am still hoping our coaches can develop hitting half as good as we develop pitching. Hahn and crew did nothing to lose the top spot as the best minor league system in the game. I was reading that Burger barely cuts in at #10 for organizational prospects. That's depth right there.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun game to watch today and a good all around team win. Even pulled off a suicide squeeze which you don't see very often. Davidson sure looks like he is making a statement that he belongs in the majors. If they had a decent center fielder and catcher along with a little pop from the left side, this team still could win this weak division. Everyone seems to think that the Sox will be sellers before the trade deadline but do not be surprised if they add a couple of bats. Come-on you old skinflint, withdraw some money from your "I'M TAKING IT WITH ME ACCOUNT" and give Hahn some money to spend:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, The Hawk, lots of blah, but no substance. Focus please.

This? Coming from you of all people? Funny stuff.

Who would you have gotten?

I would have gotten a left handed hitting CF and catcher.

How would they have been acquired?

Um, that's a tough one. Oh wait. I got it. Its via trades:)

Describe this rebuild of the minors and going for it at the same time.

Its called being able to walk straight and chew gum at the same time.:)

Put the Kool-Aid down and put some meat behind anything.

You, of all people, are talking about drinking Kool-aid? There are several different ways to go about building a baseball team. The Sox have a very good GM and a bad owner. You drink the Reinny Kool-aid with the worst of them:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Schwarber would fit this team well. You could pair him with a defensive catcher and just have him catch 1 or 2 guys per cycle.

That would allow us to continue to look at farm bats with good frequency or rest other position players.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You, of all people, are talking about drinking Kool-aid? There are several different ways to go about building a baseball team. The Sox have a very good GM and a bad owner. You drink the Reinny Kool-aid with the worst of them:(

Bad owner? 7 championships. Gave the fans many years to be better as well. I don't think your sky reflects blue.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad owner? 7 championships. Gave the fans many years to be better as well. I don't think your sky reflects blue.

Yeah, bad owner. He won 6 of those titles because of Jordan. You must be related to Reinny:(

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Gotta have Beer with your Burger