CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
brett05 and dennehy.... just can't stop #NitPicking poor Hawk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saw yesterday that one of my heroes growing up has passed away, Jim Landis. Landis to me was as good a defensive center fielder as there was in the game at the time. He also had a very good throwing arm and excellent speed. Part of the hitless wonders crew that won the AL title in '59, the Go GO WHITE SOX:)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just saw yesterday that one of my heroes growing up has passed away, Jim Landis. Landis to me was as good a defensive center fielder as there was in the game at the time. He also had a very good throwing arm and excellent speed. Part of the hitless wonders crew that won the AL title in '59, the Go GO WHITE SOX:)

I know you hate being corrected, but the Hitless Wonders were the 1906 team, not the 1959 team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know you hate being corrected, but the Hitless Wonders were the 1906 team, not the 1959 team.

I called the 1959 white sox hitless wonders because they won with pitching and defense along with speed not hitting.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I called the 1959 white sox hitless wonders because they won with pitching and defense along with speed not hitting.

They were actually called the "Go, Go White Sox". They stole some bases, which at the time was considered a lot....mostly by Aparicio. Those numbers were dwarfed by the likes of Brock and Henderson many years later.

Don't let the pics fool ya, this song was released in 1959.

[video=youtube;dErnlyApjmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dErnlyApjmM[/video]