White Sox Game Talk 2017

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What the hell are you talking about hitters that are balanced? Dunn was a big over-the-hill dufus. He was the last thing that the White SOx needed. Why? Not because he was left handed. It was because he could not longer hit the ball. It was a stupid move to sign him. And what are you talking about "specialized hitter"? THe fact that you continue to ignore is the left handed hitting hitters have a better chance on the average of hitting right handed throwing pitchers than right handed hitter do. It is just a fact of baseball.

Left handed hitters at the top of the order have an advantage also because their swing takes them toward first base so they have an advantage beating out ground balls in the infield..

Again, if you have a balanced hitter (someone who can hit lefties and righties equally) it's a non-issue. Yes, left handed hitters are fractionally quicker to first. It's a nothing burger on importance.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
People do not win GM of the year award by losing a 100 or so games. This team is horrible and it is Reinny that has done it. Next year they will be lucky to win 70 games.

The ignorant fan. So you have no proof that he wanted to gut and think the team which will be awfully close to winning 70 this season will be lucky to be a game or two better next season. So their .500 record since the first week of August which is a better record (albeit a small sample size) since 2012 means the team got worse. Gotcha. And during that small stretch of .500 ball they've played a total of 13 games against teams not fighting for the playoffs.

You nailed it The Hawk. Any chance you and Harrelson will retire at the same time?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That is your belief and you are certainly entitled to it. I just do not buy into all of this optimism about a bunch of "prospects" going to magically turn into good or great major league players. They gave away to great starting pitchers, two very good relief pitchers, two good outfielders. They right now have TWO count them TWO good major league players on the entire team. Abreau and Garcia. That is it. All of the rest of these white sox players are unproven, proven to be below average, or downright bad. That is the reality to me.

Let's help you out with reality.

Besides Jose and Avisail, Yolmer is a 4 WAR player this year not quite playing full time and bouncing all over the diamond. He's our Ben Zobrist.
Yoan is on pace for 5 WAR if we was here the entire season and still just a kid. His ceiling is very, very high.
Tim Anderson has seemingly figured it out after the all star break reaching out to professionals to help him.
Omar behind the plate is a 2 WAR player which at catcher is very solid.
That's 6 solid+ players right there.
We are going to use Davidson to play 3b/1b/DH until he figures it out next season or gets replaced internally in 2019.
We are in search of a CF and a LF. Next year they will test out their options and either promote from within or get a free agent in 2019.

Agreed that there is a lot of unproven talent. Horrible idea to block their development by hitting the free agent market at this stage of the organization.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, if you have a balanced hitter (someone who can hit lefties and righties equally) it's a non-issue. Yes, left handed hitters are fractionally quicker to first. It's a nothing burger on importance.

Guess what, brett, there are very few what you are calling "balanced" hitters in all of baseball. Especially power hitters. You seem to think that it is somehow easy for a left handed hitting hatter to hit a left handed throwing pitch who can bring a slider in on him. Same thing applies to the right handed hitting hitter and a guy with a power slider or great change-up.

I also love when you dismiss stuff like a left handed hitter being "fractionally" quicker to first and it being a nothing burger. Funny stuff. A good left handed hitting lead-off man with speed is a huge part of a line-up. Ask pitchers. It greatly changes where the infielders have to position themselves. IT brings the 3B in farther. It makes the short-stop and 3b have to get the ball out to first base quicker and leads to throwing errors and consequently base runners.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's help you out with reality.

Besides Jose and Avisail, Yolmer is a 4 WAR player this year not quite playing full time and bouncing all over the diamond. He's our Ben Zobrist.
Yoan is on pace for 5 WAR if we was here the entire season and still just a kid. His ceiling is very, very high.
Tim Anderson has seemingly figured it out after the all star break reaching out to professionals to help him.
Omar behind the plate is a 2 WAR player which at catcher is very solid.
That's 6 solid+ players right there.
We are going to use Davidson to play 3b/1b/DH until he figures it out next season or gets replaced internally in 2019.
We are in search of a CF and a LF. Next year they will test out their options and either promote from within or get a free agent in 2019.

Agreed that there is a lot of unproven talent. Horrible idea to block their development by hitting the free agent market at this stage of the organization.

DId I say anything about blocking anyone's development by signing free agents? No I did not. I said that this team is very WEAK which it is. Now you can project all of these WAR stories all that you want to but the ONLY two proven major league hitters that the Sox have are AVI and Abreau. Moncado has a lot of talent and I like that Abreau has sort of taken him under his wing and he is listening to him. But the other positions are very weak over-all. ANd the pitching staff is unbelievably weak over-all.

NO doubt that both Avi and Abreau are going to want big pay days. Hopefully Reinny is in a retirement home by then and the operations of the team are turned over to someone else. Hopefully his son will turn into baseball's version of Rocky Wirtz who took over from his old man who was hockey's version of Reinsdork.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure was nice to see Brett's predicted fan upsurge to see the White Sox.... Oh wait......IT DIDN"T HAPPEN DID IT? Gee, looks like 120K fewer fans came to the ball park to watch this powerhouse team dominate AL play:)

In Brett's world, all is upside down. The starting pitching is top 3rd in all of baseball. We do not need any left handed hitting players. All we need is some kind of specious "balanced" hitters whatever they are. Must be some rare species not seen in the wild for hundreds of years?

Then I read today that it is likely that Abreau will be put on the market in this off season and that Avi might as well. Not to worry, though, because to him Abreau is just a middle of the pack guy at first base not a true star. Hell, he is ready to plug Davidson in at first right now, right? All 68 RBIs Davidson along with his .225 or so average. Instead of building a decent team around two good hitters, Reinny doesn't want to pay them. BECAUSE HE IS A CHEAP dog assed owner. Screw him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sure was nice to see Brett's predicted fan upsurge to see the White Sox.... Oh wait......IT DIDN"T HAPPEN DID IT? Gee, looks like 120K fewer fans came to the ball park to watch this powerhouse team dominate AL play:)

In Brett's world, all is upside down. The starting pitching is top 3rd in all of baseball. We do not need any left handed hitting players. All we need is some kind of specious "balanced" hitters whatever they are. Must be some rare species not seen in the wild for hundreds of years?

Then I read today that it is likely that Abreau will be put on the market in this off season and that Avi might as well. Not to worry, though, because to him Abreau is just a middle of the pack guy at first base not a true star. Hell, he is ready to plug Davidson in at first right now, right? All 68 RBIs Davidson along with his .225 or so average. Instead of building a decent team around two good hitters, Reinny doesn't want to pay them. BECAUSE HE IS A CHEAP dog assed owner. Screw him.

LOL, you didn't read that at all. Here's the column:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...season-questions-spt-0929-20170928-story.html

Find where it says that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, you didn't read that at all. Here's the column:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...season-questions-spt-0929-20170928-story.html

Find where it says that.

Did it not say that the future of Avi and Abreau are unclear and that the possibility exists that they could be traded for prospects? Hahn sure as hell did not say that both are in the Sox plans long term did he? Instead he left it up to speculation. Abreau is 31 and in his prime. By the time that all of these magical prospects if ever get to the major leagues, Abreau will be 34-35 years old.

BY the way, "Abreau will be put on the market" is exactly what Hahn will do and what the author of the Tribune implied.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You said that it is likely Abreu will be traded. Clearly and without question that isn't what the article said. The article correctly said that both of their contracts are up in 2019, which is where the speculation comes from, not Hahn. If they trade him they trade him. It still doesn't make what you said accurate in any way.

Also, if you love Abreu so much you should learn to spell his name.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The ignorant fan. So you have no proof that he wanted to gut and think the team which will be awfully close to winning 70 this season will be lucky to be a game or two better next season. So their .500 record since the first week of August which is a better record (albeit a small sample size) since 2012 means the team got worse. Gotcha. And during that small stretch of .500 ball they've played a total of 13 games against teams not fighting for the playoffs.

You nailed it The Hawk. Any chance you and Harrelson will retire at the same time?

Amazing that you call me an ignorant fan. Amazing that a pissant like you seeks to mock me. The way to piecemeal stats to fit your theories is so very weak it is silly. This team is very very weak. To listen to you, they have a top pitching staff and should add anything to what they don't already have. Don't want to mess up the "rebuild"? What a bunch of nonsense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Show the proof that Hahn was ordered. It's your crutch, make it reality.

As for Cleveland, Mike Chernoff has done a great job getting this team ready. But the players are the ones that did this, his work was in previous seasons. Hahn should win it, he will not.

General managers get recognized for building championship caliber teams. The Chicago White Sox are in the basement of talent in all of baseball. They have virtually two proven very good major league players out of 25 on the roster. TWO!!!!! NO major league GM is paid to do anything else but put a winning major league team together.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You said that it is likely Abreu will be traded. Clearly and without question that isn't what the article said. The article correctly said that both of their contracts are up in 2019, which is where the speculation comes from, not Hahn. If they trade him they trade him. It still doesn't make what you said accurate in any way.

Also, if you love Abreu so much you should learn to spell his name.

What the hell are you talking about? I said CORRECTLY that he would be on the market. That is a big difference from saying that he would be traded. Try to stay with me. As for your spelling statement, you can grow up also. What is with you guys? Seriously. Do you now how small it makes a person be to insult someone else regarding this shit?

But......... I will say that IN MY OPINION, that Abreu will be traded because he will want a big paycheck which he is earned and Reinny doesn't want to pay big paychecks. The only way he would even consider re-signing Jose is if he moves the team to Vegas.

But let me ask you this. Is Reinny a class major league owner? Is he good for the Chicago teams? OF the roster that they end the season with, how many are RIGHT NOW, absolute certain major league players. Not 2 years down the road, not three years down the road. Next year. Is Davidson going to even be on the team in two years? What about Anderson? Who catches next year? Who play left and center field next year that is a proven major league commodity. Name the starting pitching staff next year. Who are the two top set-up guys and are they major league caliber? Who is their no doubt about it 35-40 save a year closer?
Who DHs for them who is a legit high impact hitters?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Again, show me where the article says that Abreu would likely be put on the market this year. It didn't. This isn't really that tough.

The lack of ability to spell the name of a player who's been on the Sox for four years, and who you just read an article about, speaks to your inability to pay attention, and hence is part of the reason your posts are generally very bad.

You're the only person here who is obsessed with Reinsdorf. He let Kenny do his thing, now's he's letting Hahn do his thing.

And you're also the only person here who don't seem to understand that the full rebuild entails trading lots of your major league talent. Next year they're going to be bad. Everyone understands this and is ok with it but you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, show me where the article says that Abreu would likely be put on the market this year. It didn't. This isn't really that tough.

The lack of ability to spell the name of a player who's been on the Sox for four years, and who you just read an article about, speaks to your inability to pay attention, and hence is part of the reason your posts are generally very bad.

You're the only person here who is obsessed with Reinsdorf. He let Kenny do his thing, now's he's letting Hahn do his thing.

And you're also the only person here who don't seem to understand that the full rebuild entails trading lots of your major league talent. Next year they're going to be bad. Everyone understands this and is ok with it but you.

People who nitpick spelling are weak people. You and Brett do it all of the time because both of you are weak. There are maybe six people on this entire board and Brett is moaning about having a moderator assigned to ban me for daring to question your pollyanna assessment of the White Sox white flag actions.

Sports boards are not dictated by a few people who think only one way yet you two fellows want it to be that way. Instead you and Brett want to shovel insults at me. Both of your are childlike.

Also instead of arguing the possibility of trading Abreu and Garcia as the article talked about and take a position whether or not it might be in the realm of possibility, you nitpick the nature of the article itself. Do you think that Reinny would consider trading their only star in order to get more younger players? And if he does, do you agree with it? This is called intelligent conversation. Why don't you two fellows try it sometime?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People who nitpick spelling are weak people. You and Brett do it all of the time because both of you are weak. There are maybe six people on this entire board and Brett is moaning about having a moderator assigned to ban me for daring to question your pollyanna assessment of the White Sox white flag actions.

Sports boards are not dictated by a few people who think only one way yet you two fellows want it to be that way. Instead you and Brett want to shovel insults at me. Both of your are childlike.

Also instead of arguing the possibility of trading Abreu and Garcia as the article talked about and take a position whether or not it might be in the realm of possibility, you nitpick the nature of the article itself. Do you think that Reinny would consider trading their only star in order to get more younger players? And if he does, do you agree with it? This is called intelligent conversation. Why don't you two fellows try it sometime?

#NitPicking

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you ever wrote a post that didn't blame Reinsdorf for literally everything, maybe people would take you seriously?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you ever wrote a post that didn't blame Reinsdorf for literally everything, maybe people would take you seriously?

I asked you a question about your opinion and you blew it off. As for taking me serious. I really do not care what you think. All you have are petty insults about spelling. I tried to engage you on a discussion about trading Abreu. I asked you your opinion. Obviously you do not want to discuss anything.

This is the weakness of this board. No one wants to engage in debate or discussion. Instead we get a couple of people bloviating about all of these prospects that the Sox have. We have one guy, Brett, who wants a moderator to censure a person who doesn't agree with rosiness of the Sox situation. We have a couple of guys mocking someone spells a guys name wrong. Talk about a weak sports board. No wonder why no one enters this site.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I asked you a question about your opinion and you blew it off. As for taking me serious. I really do not care what you think. All you have are petty insults about spelling. I tried to engage you on a discussion about trading Abreu. I asked you your opinion. Obviously you do not want to discuss anything.

This is the weakness of this board. No one wants to engage in debate or discussion. Instead we get a couple of people bloviating about all of these prospects that the Sox have. We have one guy, Brett, who wants a moderator to censure a person who doesn't agree with rosiness of the Sox situation. We have a couple of guys mocking someone spells a guys name wrong. Talk about a weak sports board. No wonder why no one enters this site.

Well everyone knows that, no matter what I answered, you would turn it into a tirade against Reinsdorf, because that is the only trick you know. If I say I think he should be traded, you'll say because Reinny is cheap and we will have less major league talent next year . If I say I don't think he should be traded, you'll say he will be because Reinny is cheap and wants to die with lots of money. 'Bloviating about prospects' is a hilarious line given those prospects are going to be the team in a few years, and all you do on here is bloviate about Reinsdorf and how bad the Sox will be next year.

All the while, anyone who is reasonable will say that you'd trade him if the price is right. Personally I think they should only consider moving Abreu for a real haul, because I think he's got at least five good years left as a hitter and is obviously a great locker room especially with the young Cuban players. And I don't think they'll get a haul for him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well everyone knows that, no matter what I answered, you would turn it into a tirade against Reinsdorf, because that is the only trick you know. If I say I think he should be traded, you'll say because Reinny is cheap and we will have less major league talent next year . If I say I don't think he should be traded, you'll say he will be because Reinny is cheap and wants to die with lots of money. 'Bloviating about prospects' is a hilarious line given those prospects are going to be the team in a few years, and all you do on here is bloviate about Reinsdorf and how bad the Sox will be next year.

All the while, anyone who is reasonable will say that you'd trade him if the price is right. Personally I think they should only consider moving Abreu for a real haul, because I think he's got at least five good years left as a hitter and is obviously a great locker room especially with the young Cuban players. And I don't think they'll get a haul for him.

If he was a non-latino speaking player, I'd ship him out if the right offer came along. However, his value in the intangibles that will not appear on the back of his baseball card is every bit as valuable as the ones that will.