White Sox Game Talk 2017

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And they battled again in last night's loss to the Royals. Anderson damn near won the thing in the 9th. Just missed it...

did they battle against KC today? This is still a terrible team plain and simple. I really enjoy Brett cheerleading though as if this is somekind of talent on the cusp of success. THey had a shitload of pitching talent last year and gave up their four best pitchers. Now Brett is talking Rodon as being special. He is not special. He may be a 4th starter on a decent team. He struggles with his control and does not have big time stuff

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I've only skimmed over this thread, but I don't believe I saw Reynaldo's first start mentioned in here. His command of that fastball was great. He has a real nice curve too. He looked damn good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've only skimmed over this thread, but I don't believe I saw Reynaldo's first start mentioned in here. His command of that fastball was great. He has a real nice curve too. He looked damn good.

Yeah he did. But then please look at their projected "rotation" next year, right? My point is that when you have a starting staff like the Sox do, there is no way that all of these "prospects" succeed.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
did they battle against KC today? This is still a terrible team plain and simple. I really enjoy Brett cheerleading though as if this is somekind of talent on the cusp of success. THey had a shitload of pitching talent last year and gave up their four best pitchers. Now Brett is talking Rodon as being special. He is not special. He may be a 4th starter on a decent team. He struggles with his control and does not have big time stuff

Rodon's slider isn't "big time?" He was having command issues earlier after a long layoff as Steve Stone predicted. You're blinded by hate for the owner. It's actually kind of creepy. I live in Chicago and I don't know a single fan of the team that isn't encouraged and excited about what Hahn has done. The funny thing is if they had traded for one of the Dodger prospects that you love so much, you'd be singing a different tune like you actually know something. Have you seen Kopech's numbers at AA? He's 21.

How about Dunning and Hansen?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Plus, he was poised. He looks ready.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I realize we want the first pick but at the same time it's nice to see the young guys win some games. What Moncada did last night was awesome. Anderson has been better lately too. I don't want the kids to be comfortable losing.

While I want them to lose, I also want them to play as best they can individually. It's an interesting dichotomy.

I read somewhere about Anderson getting past things with professional help with his grieving which could be why we are seeing a turn around recently.

Stoked to have Lopez up. Really was hoping they would get Kopech up to AAA for the last month.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Eloy is dominating since coming to the Sox as well, and Kopech has been lights out the last few weeks.

Eloy: .362/.427/1.142 and 8 hrs in 28 games since coming over.

Kopech's last five starts: 35 innings, 2 earned runs, 49 strikeouts, 5 walks.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Eloy is dominating since coming to the Sox as well, and Kopech has been lights out the last few weeks.

Eloy: .362/.427/1.142 and 8 hrs in 28 games since coming over.

Kopech's last five starts: 35 innings, 2 earned runs, 49 strikeouts, 5 walks.

Eloy and Zack Collins moving on up to AA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodon's slider isn't "big time?" He was having command issues earlier after a long layoff as Steve Stone predicted. You're blinded by hate for the owner. It's actually kind of creepy. I live in Chicago and I don't know a single fan of the team that isn't encouraged and excited about what Hahn has done. The funny thing is if they had traded for one of the Dodger prospects that you love so much, you'd be singing a different tune like you actually know something. Have you seen Kopech's numbers at AA? He's 21.

They had two of the best starting left handed pitchers in all of baseball including the likely Cy Young winner. THey had a legit set-up guy and closer. Now they have some slugs named Bummer and Petricka hitting bats all over the place. Yeah, this team is headed in a great direction. NOT:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bummer and Petricka once again shine for the Sox. Two games in a row lost because they traded away a great set-up man and closer. NIce team they have now:( Rigt now this team is by far the WORST FUCKING TEAM IN BASEBALL.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Add LA to this list. 4 great starts in a row. Possibly could be our #1 for next year.

Maybe. I watched 6 innings of that game, though, and thought he was lucky because he throws way too many pitches. He is a nibbler and I do not think he uses his fastball enough. Cooper should take him and whoever catches him and talk about getting ahead in the count. Hell, he fell behind on Darvish for pete's sake. I do not see him as a staff ace, at least not yet.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Brutal, brutal loss last night after Rodon threw a pretty good game against the best team in baseball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brutal, brutal loss last night after Rodon threw a pretty good game against the best team in baseball.

The White Sox pissed away two games that they should have won if they had not made that stupid ass trade. Add the games up that they have lost since that stupid housecleaning. The are the laughing stock in baseball. I had to listen to my Dodger fan friends laugh their asses off about the two puss throwers that they sent against the Dodgers in the late innings. PATHETIC!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am not "blinded" by anything. I see clearly about the woeful incompetence and cheapness of Reinny. Somehow the White Sox have gotten some fans to buy into this wholesale dismantling of a team that after last season could have added a couple of quality players and contended in their weak division. This team is a joke and will be a joke for at least 2-3 years.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
The White Sox pissed away two games that they should have won if they had not made that stupid ass trade. Add the games up that they have lost since that stupid housecleaning. The are the laughing stock in baseball. I had to listen to my Dodger fan friends laugh their asses off about the two puss throwers that they sent against the Dodgers in the late innings. PATHETIC!

People who actually know baseball aren't calling the White Sox a laughing stock. They recognize the total tear-down and rebuild we're going through and realize we're gonna take some lumps; but they're not calling us a laughing stock. In fact, they're applauding the amount of young talent Hahn has amassed in such a short time. You must be talking baseball with idiots.