1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Addison Russell is having a bad night.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Donkey is done. 88-90 mph batting practice groved flat liners.
He is going to force Theo to go get a four or better. Donkey can take Butler's 5 spot if Butler falls apart. If not, put Donkey on a long DL stint after an acquisition.
The sooner the better.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
one step at a time.

Jake seems to have found new life with his curve.

The next issue is Kyle. Teams are wrecking him right now. With his velocity he has no room for error. That is a bigger issue than John getting the old.

No not really. Kyle last year was the ERA champ with low velocity. His command is a little off this year. Lackey is falling further and further out of his prime.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Addison Russell is having a bad night.

I didn't understand this at first since he didn't show up in the box score. I assume this is in reference to him supposedly cheating on his wife. It honestly amazes me that people get married at 23 or in some cases younger. There's relatively few people at that age that have the maturity for marriage. That being said, him having trouble at home might explain some of his on the field issues.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No not really. Kyle last year was the ERA champ with low velocity. His command is a little off this year. Lackey is falling further and further out of his prime.

Last year his avg velocity was 87. Stat cast has it at 85 avg for the whole year. Now it may have picked up. It is taking the avg. I personally believe it has more to do with Montero being his match up vs Contreras. Contreras made him use his curve more and I really don't remember him using it at all this year. That makes him a 2 pitch pitcher. A 79 change and a 86 fastball is not enough.

Personally I'm thinking Maddon shafted him. First he kicks him into the 5 even though he deserved the 3 to appease Lackey. Then he sends His main catcher to work with all and appeases Miggy's on day and breaks up the Hendricks/Contreras tandem that was working.

Now Miggy is back with Lackey and it is still on 1 off next.

So even with a loss in velocity that curve was a difference pitch. We are now seeing Jake going to it more and seeing the same improvement that Kyle saw last year.

What is happening is the first time up the hitters are getting his timing down. The 2nd time up is when the damage starts. It is not a blip. They are on to him and it is a concern.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Brooks has a similar gap but it's 88 down to 86 not 87 to 85. Hasn't changed in may as much but honestly 2 MPH isn't that big of a deal over a short time frame. Pitchers lose and gain speed month to month. That's not to say it's "good" he lost it but his K rate's down about 2% and his walk rate is up almost 2.5%. That's taken his whip from 0.98 last year to 1.20. Biggest problem in my view is his HR rate. it's nearly double what it was last year.

I'm not overly concerned. It's obviously folly to believe he was 2016 Hendricks. That's not a knock on him or his stuff but realistically no one pitches to a .250 BABIP long term. I'd argue this year he's sorta had a swing the opposite direction based on that HR/FB rate. He's probably a 3-3.50 ERA type on average.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I didn't understand this at first since he didn't show up in the box score. I assume this is in reference to him supposedly cheating on his wife. It honestly amazes me that people get married at 23 or in some cases younger. There's relatively few people at that age that have the maturity for marriage. That being said, him having trouble at home might explain some of his on the field issues.

The other allegations are even more troubling.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I think Schwarber finally took a turn last night. He's shown signs of breaking out for a week. I'd like to see him get over .700 OPS soon.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think Schwarber finally took a turn last night. He's shown signs of breaking out for a week. I'd like to see him get over .700 OPS soon.
Be nice.
That a big key bat missing in that lineup..

If they can get Schwarber and Heyward hitting in the mid lower part of order with Bryant and Rizzo controlling the top..
MLB PITCHERS BEWARE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/outco...ype=2&endDate=01/01/2018&startDate=04/01/2016

Usage has gone back to what he Was using at the start of 2016. That was the last time he was struggling. 60% 2 seam. At his peak last year of curve balls was in the play offs. He was up to 15%. Now he is down to 4%.

This coensides with Contreras. He started to take off when they matched up and this year he has seen a regression to when he was working with Miggy before and he is struggling the same as then.

From 6/1/16-11/30/16

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/tabs.php?player=543294&p_hand=-1&ppos=-1&cn=200&compType=none&risp=0&1b=0&2b=0&3b=0&rType=perc&gFilt=&time=month&minmax=ci&var=usage&s_type=2&startDate=06/01/2016&endDate=11/30/2016&balls=-1&strikes=-1&b_hand=-1&tto=3

What he has been doing sense May 15

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/tabs.php?player=543294&p_hand=-1&ppos=-1&cn=200&compType=none&risp=0&1b=0&2b=0&3b=0&rType=perc&gFilt=&time=month&minmax=ci&var=usage&s_type=2&endDate=06/15/2017&startDate=05/15/2017

2 pitch pitcher now. Vs lefties 4 seam/change. Vs righties 2 seam/change. Almost trashed the curve and has become more predictable

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep.. not really living up to the Cubs way...

Trade him..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He still makes some amazing plays on the field. That said I would like Baez there more just st because he is the better hitter right now.