CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Apparently, Hoiberg is a leading candidate to replace Thad Matta.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Please

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The bad news here is that GarPax picks the next guy.

Also: I give it two seasons before he's in a Final Four.

Ron Burgundy

Report: Fred Hoiberg considered a ‘real’ candidate for Ohio State job

hoiberg1.png

The College Basketball world was rocked on Monday with the announcement of Thad Matta leaving Ohio State University.Now all of a sudden the Buckeyes have a job open for the position of head men's basketball coach and already Fred Hoiberg has been linked to it.College basketball reporter Gary Parrish is reporting that Hoiberg is a serious candidate for the Buckeyes head coaching job:https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/872604374807318528While it may seem a little crazy, it does have some legs.Hoiberg coached Iowa State for five seasons before leaving to join the Bulls in June 2015. In his two seasons he's just 83-81 as head coach and has failed to control the locker room.The Bulls have been a mess, to say the least.It's not all of Hoiberg's fault as the front office duo of Gar Forman and John Paxson haven't made the smartest decisions.But for Hoiberg, a move back to college basketball makes sense even though he has three years left on his five-year deal. He would get a nice check when leaving the Bulls, get a hefty contract from the Buckeyes and would have control over the recruiting and players. That's something he doesn't have in Chicago.While this report just emerged, it's certainly something to keep an eye on moving forward.

More...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ohio State could lead the nation in rebounding.

DO IT!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The bad news here is that GarPax picks the next guy.

Also: I give it two seasons before he's in a Final Four.

This.

No faith in GarPax to choose the right man and build us a winner.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This can save reinsdorf some money

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just to show you how bad SportsMockery is, followers on Facebook are commenting that Mark Jackson would be the guy they want.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mark Jackson is an upgrade over Fred. But it's still square one all over again. A lot of players would get better under Jackson. For names being thrown around, I'm okay with that. I doubt he would take a job here. I still have my Nick Nurse crush all these years later.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
btw, KC tweeted a statement from Fred that says he's staying here.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Mark Jackson is an upgrade over Fred. But it's still square one all over again. A lot of players would get better under Jackson. For names being thrown around, I'm okay with that. I doubt he would take a job here. I still have my Nick Nurse crush all these years later.

Mark Jackson seems to be the only coach that couldn't win with Golden State. Why the hell would we want him in Chicago?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They're hiring Greg McDermott. Fun while it lasted.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mark Jackson seems to be the only coach that couldn't win with Golden State. Why the hell would we want him in Chicago?

We don't. At least I never said I did.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Surprising. Wonder if Fred wants to stay in the NBA, tho?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I don't really think Fred is the coach to bring an NBA team much less the Bulls to a title but he could be making the playoffs and going to the conference finals. I don't think he'd hold back a close to great team.

That said, if I was him, I'd grab the OSU job in a heartbeat. He could coach there for 10 years and make a fortune and retire to be on TV. He has to know he's not going to get that kind of a run in the NBA with the Bulls or whatever team might hire him next. It's so much easier coaching a bunch of 19-20 year olds who need to listen to their coach or not play or keep their scholarship or stay on the team than a bunch of millionaires who think they should be starting and don't care what the plays are.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I can't agree with this. Jackson would be a disaster. Maybe, maybe the X's and O's would be better, but beyond that I can't imagine a more toxic situation. We're talking about a guy who alienated everyone in Golden State. Remember the assistant coach who was recording conversations with players and other coaches? The firing of Scalabrine? Hell, the owner of the Warriors said that nobody in the entire organization liked him.

Unless you think him being around for a year or two would bring a complete and total franchise overhaul, there's no reason I could possibly think of to bring in Mark Jackson.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
he wants to get fired that way double dip on the $$$$$$$

What do you mean? The coach is only paid once. When they take a new job the last contract becomes void. Why do you think Thibbs sat out a year to collect his 5 million?