IST: Cubs vs Rockies

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Zobrist is 2 for 32 with 8 BB and 0 RBI since the Dodgers series
Maddon will continue to start him over Baez Almora and Jay...

I said in ST, that Zobrist belongs on bench and shouldn't start much

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
That was a real sleeper. Just going through the motions.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
My new prediction for this series
Cubs will be swept..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
As each game goes by I'm getting less interested in watching these guys play..
This offense can be like watching paint dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

After a week of solid offensive performances this is your takeaway from ONE game against the Rockies AND you're expecting to get swept? I honestly don't understand how it's enjoyable to experience fandom the way you do. Anything less than dominance and you're miserable.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
After a week of solid offensive performances this is your takeaway from ONE game against the Rockies AND you're expecting to get swept? I honestly don't understand how it's enjoyable to experience fandom the way you do. Anything less than dominance and you're miserable.

There's far too much negativity in this fandom. Honestly one of the reasons I stopped posting so much in IST is it's so depressing. Been saying this since at least last year but people need to find the enjoyment in losses as well as wins. I remember last year the apocalypse that was the ISTs prior to the all-star break. I remember the suicide hotline that was the IST's post game 2 of the Dodgers NLCS series. I said it then but those moments make the journey all the more interesting. Baseball is a game where by if you fail 7 times out of 10 you're a hall of famer and where by if you fail 8 times out of 10 you're a 4A player. The margin of error is so slim. I'm reminded of this clip having written that...

From my stand point, as long as the team looks like they are giving an honest effort the results really don't matter to me. Obviously I'd prefer to see them win and assuming the ownership hires the right people they should assemble the talent that honest effort leads more often than not to wins. But if the wins don't come the angst isn't really doing much but making yourself miserable.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The offense has been horrendous..

What solid offense?
They scored 39 runs last 10 games, 17 came in 2 of them..

Their top 4 regular hitters..
.268 .256 .248 .244

Not one regular over .270, when have you seen that this late in season..

They face mediocre pitching with ERAs over 4 and they can't generate any runs unless someone hits a homer..

Getting swept this series..

How much confidence do you have in Montgomery Butler and Arrieta to hold down the Rockies offense this weekend, and then the bullpen outside Edwards and if we even get to use him Davis..

I expect to see good baseball being played by a group of talented players and defending champions..
Not this mediocre crap..
And I'm not going to pretend everything ok in cubsville, when it's not..
I will call out bad baseball being played when it is.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The offense has been horrendous..

What solid offense?
They scored 39 runs last 10 games, 17 came in 2 of them..

Their top 4 regular hitters..
.268 .256 .248 .244

Not one regular over .270, when have you seen that this late in season..

They face mediocre pitching with ERAs over 4 and they can't generate any runs unless someone hits a homer..

Getting swept this series..

How much confidence do you have in Montgomery Butler and Arrieta to hold down the Rockies offense this weekend, and then the bullpen outside Edwards and if we even get to use him Davis..

I expect to see good baseball being played by a group of talented players and defending champions..
Not this mediocre crap..
And I'm not going to pretend everything ok in cubsville, when it's not..
I will call out bad baseball being played when it is.

Prior to yesterday's game these were the batting stats for the previous 6 games

18920368_10154432198620997_2158612912728474145_n.jpg

They had been playing their best offensive ball of the season. Yesterday was a day mired in distractions it didn't surprise me that they were listless. Does the pitching concern me? Yes, it absolutely does and I was concerned about it going into the season. When everyone was talking 100 wins I was talking 91-93 which is where I believe they will end up. This is a talented ballclub that hasn't played to their talent, I subscribe to the belief that guys eventually will play to the backs of their baseball cards. Do I think this is a World Series winning club? I don't but I didn't in the first place. Do I think it's a playoff team and that the playoffs are a giant crapshoot? I do and I'm not going to spend my time moping and living game to game. I fully believe they will be 10 games over .500 at the All Star break, if they're not I might reassess but I don't see that happening.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Prior to yesterday's game these were the batting stats for the previous 6 games

18920368_10154432198620997_2158612912728474145_n.jpg

They had been playing their best offensive ball of the season. Yesterday was a day mired in distractions it didn't surprise me that they were listless. Does the pitching concern me? Yes, it absolutely does and I was concerned about it going into the season. When everyone was talking 100 wins I was talking 91-93 which is where I believe they will end up. This is a talented ballclub that hasn't played to their talent, I subscribe to the belief that guys eventually will play to the backs of their baseball cards. Do I think this is a World Series winning club? I don't but I didn't in the first place. Do I think it's a playoff team and that the playoffs are a giant crapshoot? I do and I'm not going to spend my time moping and living game to game. I fully believe they will be 10 games over .500 at the All Star break, if they're not I might reassess but I don't see that happening.
Most of those stats are from the 2 games they scored 10 and 7 runs..

I just want to see consistency with the offense over a period of games..
Not 10 runs 1 game and then struggle for a couple games after..

I agree and hope yesterday was just a distraction game and all, we'll see how they bounce back..

If it was just 2 or 3 guys struggling then ok, but it basically the whole team..

But you have to admit watching this team to date has been as exciting as watching the bears and bulls the last year.
I expected a whole lot better baseball from these guys..

As far as being 10 games over by break.. I would like to see that.
They need to go 19 and 10, I just don't have that confidence in seeing guys like Butler Arrieta and Lackey all of a sudden turning it around and pitching their ass off and now who knows how many starts Hendricks will miss and how he'll bounce back.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Seems that is the deal with Montgomery. Produces lite contact. One of the best rates in the majors. Good SO rate but his heel is his walks.

It really feels like he needs to not give up AB's and play the corners of the plate and he may end up a starter again. Age wise he is right where he needs to be. Velocity is really good from the left. Good curve. Over all he needs to reduce his free passes and he could be a 2nd lefty.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What drives me nuts with this year team..
They score, then give it back.

They get guys on base, can't get a run home..
Bases loaded 1 out and can't score

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What drives me nuts with this year team..
They score, then give it back.

They get guys on base, can't get a run home..
Bases loaded 1 out and can't score

The Cubs are a tough watch this year. That said, there are plenty of teams who hang around .500 at the AS Break and then gain momentum down the stretch. I'm not about to live game by game. It's 162 game season. When it gets to August and the pitching isn't fixed and the hitters aren't hitting, I'll feel more negative instead of neutral.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
1 for 8 RISP
7 LOB
3 total hits..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs are a tough watch this year. That said, there are plenty of teams who hang around .500 at the AS Break and then gain momentum down the stretch. I'm not about to live game by game. It's 162 game season. When it gets to August and the pitching isn't fixed and the hitters aren't hitting, I'll feel more negative instead of neutral.

This....

102 games left. That's a 102 games STILL left to play....that's 20 more than an entire NHL or NBA regular season. People who tear their hearts out on every game of 162 game schedule are either not very bright, have no life or are just meatball fans. The constant whining and complaining on a daily basis here has chased away a lot of the people that actually had some intelligent baseball thoughts and that's unfortunate.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

But it not game by game..
They've played 59 games already and were still waiting for them to play good consistent baseball.
Instead were seeing them stuck in mediocrity.
Win a couple, lose a couple

Can they get it going and go on a streak and play .600 to 700 ball , sure..
The thing is it's not just 1 or 2 starters struggling or 2 or 3 hitters slumping.. it's pretty much the whole team and their going to need pretty much the whole team to all of a sudden find that magic and play great ball to win in the 2nd half.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
But it not game by game..
They've played 59 games already and were still waiting for them to play good consistent baseball.
Instead were seeing them stuck in mediocrity.
Win a couple, lose a couple

Can they get it going and go on a streak and play .600 to 700 ball , sure..
The thing is it's not just 1 or 2 starters struggling or 2 or 3 hitters slumping.. it's pretty much the whole team and their going to need pretty much the whole team to all of a sudden find that magic and play great ball to win in the 2nd half.

Your negative posts every game suggest otherwise.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Your negative posts every game suggest otherwise.
Were posting in a In Game thread where were suppose to be talking about the game that being played..

So what else are we suppose to talk about if were not talking about what were seeing in each game that being played everyday..
Is it my fault that their playing more bad baseball then good this year ?

Today for example...

What part of today game should we be excited and feel positive about?

They faced a starter with an ERA over 4.5 and they have 3 total hits for the game..

1 for 11 RISP
11 LOB
11 Ks
Their best regular everyday position player is now hitting. 265 (Bryant)

Their using their closer today because they can't get him in any save situation games..
Guy has had only 12 opportunities in 60 games ..

When they start playing good consistent baseball, we'll have good positive posts to write in the IN GAME threads

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Got the baserunner and the 2 right guys coming up in Bryant and Rizzo to tie this up with a long ball

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ok.. here we go
Rizzo with the walk off

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Their loaded...
Need a big hit here
Come on Zobrist