Guy can't find the plate
First pitch popup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Typical..
Bases loaded 1 out
Guy struggling on mound.
Zobrist bails him out by popping up the first pitch for 2nd out...
Pitcher settled and Ks Heyward..

Back to .500

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Typical..
Bases loaded 1 out
Guy struggling on mound.
Zobrist bails him out by popping up the first pitch for 2nd out...
Pitcher settled and Ks Heyward..

Back to .500

Game was decided by Montgomery still legenthing out as a starter. Then 1st time in the majors for Frankoff. You expect a issue there. I looked at it as he was able to get a 2nd inning in with no damage.

That was the game. Rockies are a good team this year. Pitching is better than expected. The O is what you expect.

They are earning their record

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Game was decided by Montgomery still legenthing out as a starter. Then 1st time in the majors for Frankoff. You expect a issue there. I looked at it as he was able to get a 2nd inning in with no damage.

That was the game. Rockies are a good team this year. Pitching is better than expected. The O is what you expect.

They are earning their record
Don't see where I wrote anything about Montgomery or Frankoff..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't see where I wrote anything about Montgomery or Frankoff..

Like I said. Game was decided there. If you get your normal 6 then Frankoff not needed. At that point the Run vs Edwards ties and goes to extras

Yes the O had some ooertunites but they were stymied to 3 hits.

Rock's are a better team that what the Cubs were beating up.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like I said. Game was decided there. If you get your normal 6 then Frankoff not needed. At that point the Run vs Edwards ties and goes to extras

Yes the O had some ooertunites but they were stymied to 3 hits.

Rock's are a better team that what the Cubs were beating up.
Ok

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Same as always.

The guy not good enough to be in the majors yesterday, MUST be used today!

Why is he the first option, rather than the last?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
NL West is really strong right now. Top 3 teams should end up in the play offs at the rate they are going.

Theo is going to have to decide if they can over take the Crew with a SP trade. Then if they stack up to the Play off teams.

Right now they are pretenders. Going 1 on 1 with the he Rocks is showing it. Dodgers rocked them. So at this point they need a TOR to even be taken serious now.

Even then you have to wonder how they would stack up vs the other teams. Taking into concideration that they will be buying also. Might end up a push.

What made them good last year was Hendricks and Lester pitching CY-Young quality games. Jake was off and on and he was getting 7 RS per game that juiced his win total. Hammel was a per-all star stabilizing factor. Lackey was still on-off. His preferials were better but his results are pretty close.

So in view of this what matters the most is getting Lester and Hendricks on the right track. Adding a Ace!/? Factors less than getting those 2 pointed north again. I've said Kyle's improvement came with his curve usage increased to 10% or more. He was up near 20% in the play offs. Now I'm not saying it has to be a curve. He could develop a cutter to add another pitch to force these batters to not guess only speed. You know the ball is going to dive away to a lefty or in on a righty But to break in on a lefty or away on a righty is another action that keeps them honest. Then depending on how far his fingers are apart he can add or subtract from the break.

It is something he should goto IMO if he is not confident with his hook.

End of the day is they are wrecking him as is.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Same as always.

The guy not good enough to be in the majors yesterday, MUST be used today!

Why is he the first option, rather than the last?

Situational pitching. Most teams have x inning guys. That situation is Montgomery's. Frankoff was his replacement.

He has pitched very well this year. I would rather look at a body of work vs his first inning on that stage

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Montgomery just went 3.1 IP 4 days ago to save a game for Butler..
So him gutting out 4 innings today and only giving up 2 to the Rockies was outstanding..

Getting 2 out of Frankoff almost worked , 1 bad pitch the HR.

Problem today was the offense leaving opportunities on the bases..
They drew walks but couldn't get a big hit when needed

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure they will run 6 until the ASG. Then drop to 5 after the break.

Joe believes that he is a starter that has been forced into the role that he is in. They should have kept Rosscup up to be the LOOGY and pushed Duensing into the long man role.

So with 6 guys it would be Lester, Hendricks, Montgomery, Butler, Arrieta, Lackey. After the ASG most likely Butler goes to AAA. I'm thinking with Montgomery not there to pick up his 6th and 7th inning will not bode well in his game. Joe has been yanking him around 60-70 pitches so I'm thinking it has more to do not trusting him going up against a line up that many times. Most likely 3rd time pulled.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
We're going to need 3 more starters.

Cross your fingers that Montgomery proves to be a quality starter. At that point the main focus would be to fortify the middle relief role.

Going into next year they would have 3 under control then. Then they can focus on RSP which is abondant. Never know. Jake may take less and prove effective with his curve. Then they could go after a MOR.

I do not believe that they have to chips to get a TOR at the dead line. That is with out tossing Eloy. Now using a guy like Alozay with Candilero and targeting a middle inning high leverage like Doolittle. It basically would put him and Edwards as the mid inning stoppers with Wade shutting the door. Lackey would fall to the 5. Same situation that Hammel fell into. I just don't see him bouncing back.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wow.. back to this again
Schwarber leading off, Zobrist clean up

Schwarber 6 for last 50 and 3 of those hits came in 1 game..
Hey, let lead him off and set the table for Bryant and Rizzo..
LMAO

Why not give Almora a legit opportunity at the top and see what he can do..

Not expecting much offense today..
e725faea66e888a1ecc6082b662b7c28.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Butler throwing batting practice today..

My sweep prediction looking on the money

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Binny asked Maddon to put Schwarber back in leadoff spot so they wouldn't have to pay so much

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Frankoff sent down and Pena called up..

Not sure why they went through all the moves yesterday to put Frankoff on 40, just to have him pitch 2 innings..

Could of just brought Pena up yesterday and went from there