Looking ahead to off season

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Pitching.....

They have Lester and Hendricks ..
So right now, their going to need 3 starters

Can always upgrade relievers if possible..

Unless they resign Davis, their going to need a Closer.

So, their going to be looking for a lot of pitching help..

Position players...

Back up Catcher, right now it could be Caratini if they don't trade him.

2B/SS..
I think they need to decide on either Russell or Baez at SS and use the other as trade bait for pitching.
Either go with Happ or look for another 2Bmen.

LF...
No matter how Schwarber finishes the year, I'd use him as trade bait to get pitching..
So, going to need to add a LFer

Breaking it down...

3 SP
Middle relief
Closer
Back up Catcher
2Bmen
LFer

Probably should start working on this come July, at least the pitching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
content_meatball1sm.jpg

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
If Schwarber is traded, which I still think is very, very unlikely, Happ becomes your LF. Then they probably go get another Jon Jay type and give CF to Almora with a backup plan. I don't the infield is an issue, it will likely work itself out. I see no way Baez isn't a long term piece and Russell likely is as well unless there's more fire to the smoke than we know and then they'll be looking for a 2B. Pitching is going to go one of two ways, either they trade for a controllable TOR starter, either at the deadline or the offseason, or they pay for one and trade for a 4/5 type. Montgomery is likely going to be the 5 next year. As far as names to trade for it'll be the usual suspects (Archer, Stromen, etc.) or if they sign a guy someone like Darvish or Cueto. They like Marco Estrada a lot so he could be a signing if they trade for the TOR. I would have liked for them to have gotten that long term pitching piece by now but it hasn't happened. It will. Edwards is almost certainly your closer next year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If Schwarber is traded, which I still think is very, very unlikely, Happ becomes your LF. Then they probably go get another Jon Jay type and give CF to Almora with a backup plan. I don't the infield is an issue, it will likely work itself out. I see no way Baez isn't a long term piece and Russell likely is as well unless there's more fire to the smoke than we know and then they'll be looking for a 2B. Pitching is going to go one of two ways, either they trade for a controllable TOR starter, either at the deadline or the offseason, or they pay for one and trade for a 4/5 type. Montgomery is likely going to be the 5 next year. As far as names to trade for it'll be the usual suspects (Archer, Stromen, etc.) or if they sign a guy someone like Darvish or Cueto. They like Marco Estrada a lot so he could be a signing if they trade for the TOR. I would have liked for them to have gotten that long term pitching piece by now but it hasn't happened. It will. Edwards is almost certainly your closer next year.
I come to think their trotting Schwarber out there everyday for 1 of 2 reasons...

Their basically taking this season as whatever happens..happens.
Schwarber their guy and their just going to let him get his 500 plus AB and hope he can eventually hit his weight, even if it cost them winning games.

Or

Their hoping that he can find his swing and get his value back up for a trade...

Seriously, tell me what team that was favored to win division and make a strong playoff run..
Keeps playing a guy not just hitting under .200 but hitting under .170, everyday and lead him off?

Yea, their trotting him out there for a reason..
Get his trade value up again..
OR
Because they won last year, their just going to let him figure it out even if it takes all year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The most likely reason why they keep pushing Kyle into the lead off is because Joe believes in his ability.

He made mention of if he was hitting .250. Let's just look at that for a second.

Right now he is hitting .171/.295/.382. You adjust his hits up while keeping his BB the same. Which is 16 hits. Which means if he was able to beat the shift more. We will keep them as singles. .250/.363/.462

But theory crafting means nothing with out figuring out a way to fix the problem. His BABIP is at .197. So he is hitting directly into the shift all of the time. Talk about bull headed.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think he needs to go with a inside out swing and drive to left field more. Show that he is a all fields hitter.