IST Cubs @ Mets

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Lackey does have problems between the ears. No one ever disputed that.
But anyone that thinks that he has anything near major league stuff with his arm is a blind homer. Lakey is done done.
Nothing more than batting practice stuff left in that arm.

Good luck finding anyone to argue with you.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lackey does have problems between the ears. No one ever disputed that.
But anyone that thinks that he has anything near major league stuff with his arm is a blind homer. Lakey is done done.
Nothing more than batting practice stuff left in that arm.
I said he was done in ST...

I was hoping he considered retiring after they won WS

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 DP in 5 innings mercy

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Cubs hit into another DP. Story of their season so far

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Quit hitting the ball on the fuckin ground! 4db's!!!!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
4 DP by cubs tonight..
So
This mean their going to only take 1 player with their 2 first RD pick

?????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs hitters are playing like they wanna wanna get done to watch and see who they draft

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Yaaaaa, someone finally hit it out of the infield!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't matter. The so-so players need to get hammered to force decisions

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Oh.. are the Cubs playing?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Another awful game by the Cubs in the books. They made DeGrom look like the DeGrom from 2015

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Another awful game by the Cubs in the books. They made DeGrom look like the DeGrom from 2015

These guys would make Edwin Jackson look good now...

Until I see consistency from the pitching and hitting in a positive way for at least 10 games..
I don't expect these guys to push over .500 abd stay anytime soon..

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
These guys would make Edwin Jackson look good now...

Until I see consistency from the pitching and hitting in a positive way for at least 10 games..
I don't expect these guys to push over .500 abd stay anytime soon..

Yeah I feel this same. Getting tougher to watch these guys play.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was expecting a loss. Lackey is degrading fast. DeGromm is better than his numbers are showing. This result was not shocking.

I was looking forward to Wheeler vs Montgomery. Not as a W/L issue. More of a quality start from Montgomery. Getting up to the 6th inning.

The final I expect more.

Goose22

Liked Posts:
It is time to send Lackey out to pasture. His time has come and gone. The guy spots the opposing team 2-4 runs in the first inning almost every outing. By the time he "settles" in, the offense is in a deep hole. The FO needs to bite the bullet, cut their losses in his acquisition, and 1. Move Montgomery into the starting rotation OR 2. Plan on selling the farm at the trade deadline for at least 1 BIG TIME starter (No need to try to resign Jake for what his asking price will be.) or 3. Cut our losses this season and ride it out hoping to get 2 major starters in the off season. In my opinion, the starters have placed a lot of pressure on our offensive production right from the start of the game. In Lackey's 4 wins, how many have been come from behind wins due to our offense bailing him out of a poor start? Unfortunately, much could be said about our other starters. My, how the mighty have fallen! And what is even crazier...the Cubs are still only 1.5 games out of first! Just about the time I think this team is going to get hot, we drop 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 at home. Oh well, I guess I can always go back and watch highlights from last year! Hoping this team finds its way before the AS break and finishes off the season in the playoffs. Go Cubs Go!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They need to get Kyle back and pitching like last year before thinking of replacing Lackey.

Then Montgomery has to prove himself. That is another sticking point.

I do believe that they target a starter at the deadline. John has to continue this run of crappy starts and the others have to stabilize to signal a change.

They will be 6 deep when Kyle gets back and Joe has said that they will run that way over a string of no day off games. After that it makes sense to demote Butler because that is not a final decision.

If at that point they do make a trade it would depend on who would need to be replaced this year vs going into next. They may hold the deck and deal with it in F/A.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
They need to get Kyle back and pitching like last year before thinking of replacing Lackey.

Then Montgomery has to prove himself. That is another sticking point.

I do believe that they target a starter at the deadline. John has to continue this run of crappy starts and the others have to stabilize to signal a change.

They will be 6 deep when Kyle gets back and Joe has said that they will run that way over a string of no day off games. After that it makes sense to demote Butler because that is not a final decision.

If at that point they do make a trade it would depend on who would need to be replaced this year vs going into next. They may hold the deck and deal with it in F/A.

I really think they're going after Sonny Gray. They may kick the tires again with Tampa Bay and Archer but in the end that's not happening and Gray is a solid starter that still has some upside particularly pitching in the NL.