IST Cubs @ Mets

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rizzo at leadoff tonight.
Still don't get why Maddon just don't go with Jay and Almora....

How Rizzo leading off going to help?
Just makes the middle of order weaker..

Wish Maddon would just stick with a lineup...
In a way, the best thing that happened to them last year was Schwarber going down..
Zobrist played left and Baez played 2B and there was no lineup shuffle everyday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see him go with this lineup for a couple series and see how it goes..

1. Almora/Jay
2. Happ
3. Rizzo
4. Bryant
5. Heyward
6. Contreras
7. Baez/Zobrist
8. Pitcher
9. Russell

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well, sadly Rizzo does lead the team in stolen bases. Madden is so genius, he's gonna get the non existent small ball game kick started.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Still don't get why Maddon just don't go with Jay and Almora....

How Rizzo leading off going to help?
Just makes the middle of order weaker..

Wish Maddon would just stick with a lineup...
In a way, the best thing that happened to them last year was Schwarber going down..
Zobrist played left and Baez played 2B and there was no lineup shuffle everyday

Maddon is not a "stick to a lineup" guy. Never has been. I think Rizzo is worth a shot there. I like Jay but I don't want him playing everyday and Almora doesn't have the OBP to leadoff. Rizzo isn't the perfect answer but it's worth a shot.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DCOEHKJWAAA_glh.jpg

Well, this is weird but if it gets a win I'm all for it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maddon is not a "stick to a lineup" guy. Never has been. I think Rizzo is worth a shot there. I like Jay but I don't want him playing everyday and Almora doesn't have the OBP to leadoff. Rizzo isn't the perfect answer but it's worth a shot.
I don't buy that..
He went with Heyward the first 66 games in the 2 hole, after that he had a set 1 -6 all season..

Fowler Bryant Rizzo Zobrist Russell Heyward

This year he has too many toys to play with...

The Schwarber experiment didn't work and he basically been moving Zobrist Baez Jay Almora and Happ in and out of lineup...

Jay don't have to play everyday, just against most RHers..

Almora hitting .270 and .323 OBP, what difference having him 9th or 1st..
He a kid with speed and runs bases well..

Get him an extra AB to get on in front of Bryant and Rizzo..
Plus
With Happ hitting 2nd, Almora gets on , Maddon can have Almora steal, Hit n Run, bunt..

A lot easier to get him moving around the bases at the top over the others..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I don't buy that..
He went with Heyward the first 66 games in the 2 hole, after that he had a set 1 -6 all season..

Fowler Bryant Rizzo Zobrist Russell Heyward

This year he has too many toys to play with...

The Schwarber experiment didn't work and he basically been moving Zobrist Baez Jay Almora and Happ in and out of lineup...

Jay don't have to play everyday, just against most RHers..

Almora hitting .270 and .323 OBP, what difference having him 9th or 1st..
He a kid with speed and runs bases well..

Get him an extra AB to get on in front of Bryant and Rizzo..
Plus
With Happ hitting 2nd, Almora gets on , Maddon can have Almora steal, Hit n Run, bunt..

A lot easier to get him moving around the bases at the top over the others..

Nothing you say in that post resembles how Maddon manages a ballgame. He used 27 different lineups last year, 42 in 2014 and 52 in his last season in TB. He likes the idea of power in the leadoff spot. He's not looking for speed there. I don't agree with everything Joe does but I've come to understand where his mind goes sometimes. At this point I would try just about anything to get the guys going and Maddon alluded to that on the Score today. He said funky lineups get his guys juiced and he's going to try to use that. It might not work but what's the harm?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nothing you say in that post resembles how Maddon manages a ballgame. He used 27 different lineups last year, 42 in 2014 and 52 in his last season in TB. He likes the idea of power in the leadoff spot. He's not looking for speed there. I don't agree with everything Joe does but I've come to understand where his mind goes sometimes. At this point I would try just about anything to get the guys going and Maddon alluded to that on the Score today. He said funky lineups get his guys juiced and he's going to try to use that. It might not work but what's the harm?
Managing a ballgame has nothing to do with having somewhat of a consistent lineup every game, especially at the top of it..( first 5 or 6 hitters)..

Not sure where you got that he likes a power hitter leading off..
He had Fowler the last 2 years and just looked at his last season in Tampa , he had Desmond Jennings leading off til he got hurt.
Both with more speed then power

As far as the lineup goes..
Those are low numbers over a 162 game season, when you consider injuries , rest, getting the bench PT..

27 is a very low number, which was my point on how he stuck with the same top 6 most of year..

This year , I wouldn't be surprise if he at 40 already in 62 games..that pretty high

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@mlbdailydish: Edwin Jackson elects free agency, making him the latest to join our free-agent list: sbnation.com/e/15507509

Not sure if hed be better or worse then Lackey
???

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Managing a ballgame has nothing to do with having somewhat of a consistent lineup every game, especially at the top of it..( first 5 or 6 hitters)..

Not sure where you got that he likes a power hitter leading off..
He had Fowler the last 2 years and just looked at his last season in Tampa , he had Desmond Jennings leading off til he got hurt.
Both with more speed then power

As far as the lineup goes..
Those are low numbers over a 162 game season, when you consider injuries , rest, getting the bench PT..

27 is a very low number, which was my point on how he stuck with the same top 6 most of year..

This year , I wouldn't be surprise if he at 40 already in 62 games..that pretty high

He recommended it as a coach with the Angels who did it for awhile and has tried it several times since. He's on MLB Network Radio right now saying that he did it in the minor leagues often to get the lineup kick started.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He recommended it as a coach with the Angels who did it for awhile and has tried it several times since. He's on MLB Network Radio right now saying that he did it in the minor leagues often to get the lineup kick started.
I don't have a problem with it..
Soriano had success at it ..

I didn't have a problem with Schwarber leading off ..

I just see a lineup of mostly struggling hitters and feel they could benefit with using their top 2 hitters average wise to date at the top of it now for a few games and see how it goes..

Try Almora Jay and Happ 1 and 2 for a few games and maybe they can ignite something with their speed/base running etc..
Set it up for Bryant Rizzo Heyward to get them in ..

Try to generate runs with something other then waiting for a HR

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong, I don't love tonight's lineup. I just don't see the harm in trying it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rizzo has been hitting .409 over the last 7 games and Heyward is #2 at .286. This is really not a reach.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong, I don't love tonight's lineup. I just don't see the harm in trying it.
There no harm in trying it..

My only problem with this lineup is,
Rizzo their "RBI"guy who now has Lester and Almora hitting in front of him..
So,besides Almora he not going to get many RBI chances there.

So basically with him hitting lead off, were just hoping he gets on base for Happ and Bryant..

Other problem I have..
With him at top, others moved up in lineup..
So now, we got Heyward who fine in 4 hole, but he got the 2 most struggling hitters hitting 5 and 6 in Russell and Schwarber that we have to count on to get big hits and drive in runs in middle of order..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Setback for Kyle Hendricks, who still felt discomfort in his right hand during today's throw session and has been ruled out for PITT series.

That sucks..
Means another bullpen game added in the rotation..
Butler/bullpen
Montgomery/bullpen

Or another call up pressed into duty for a game to go 2 or 3 innings..

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Clearly leading Rizzo off was a poor choice... for New York.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lmao..
Only Rizzo pulls that off

Hey coach lead me off..bam

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Took all of 9 pitches to give up the early lead...

I miss 2016 ???

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I guess this is what Maddon had hoped for with Schwarber leading off..
Start a game with a HR, then come up with bases loaded and work a walk..
Stuff like that..?

Rizzo Magic