CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I predict there will be a lot of trade rumors leading up to the draft, but it will turn out to be the same boring draft we are used to.

Ron Burgundy

2017 NBA Draft: Chicago Bulls workout Justin Jackson, Jarrett Allen

Screen-Shot-2017-03-16-at-12.52.21-PM.png

With just over a week left until the 2017 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls continue to do their homework on prospects.The latest came on Monday when the team hosted prospects Justin Jackson and Jarrett Allen for workouts.According to the Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson, both players were in Chicago for workouts and are potential picks for the Bulls in the first round.Chicago holds the 16th and 38th overall picks in the upcoming draft.Jackson tested the draft waters in 2016 but decided to return to the University of North Carolina for his junior year. The decision paid off.The wing improved his three-point shooting percentage and became a better overall scorer. He won the 2017 ACC Player of the Year award and helped lead UNC to its sixth national title.Following the workout, Jackson spoke with Johnson via phone and had this to say:
"It was probably one of my best workouts as far as learning and competition. I loved it," Jackson said. "It was intense. I feel I shot the ball really well."​
He followed that up by praising the Bulls organization and saying he'd love to play for Chicago.
"I've definitely seen that trend," Jackson said. "I didn't have a conversation with them about it. But I'd love to play for Chicago. The organization is built on greatness."​
The Bulls are looking for a guy who can score the basketball on the wing to take some of the pressure off of Jimmy Butler. Jackson is a candidate to do so, being mocked at No. 16 to the Bulls in the latest DraftExpress mock draft.As for Allen, the 6-foot-10 big man is an interesting prospect for the Bulls.He could fill a big void in the paint and be paired alongside a player like Bobby Portis for the future. The 19-year-old shot 56 percent for the Texas Longhorns last season and can score in the low post. His 7-5 1/4 wingspan is very impressive for a center. Allen is currently projected to go No. 17 overall in the draft.

More...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I cant buy that write up, they moved Taj because the wing was full and this team desperately, possibly more than any team in the league, needs a point guard. I mean a real point guard, that guy that wants to average double digit ASSISTS!!!! and not worry about points.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I cant buy that write up, they moved Taj because the wing was full and this team desperately, possibly more than any team in the league, needs a point guard. I mean a real point guard, that guy that wants to average double digit ASSISTS!!!! and not worry about points.

Fair point. None of the top teams in the league have PGs that worry about scoring.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair point. None of the top teams in the league have PGs that worry about scoring.
After all, Steph Curry did get 10 assists in the clinching game. Didn't worry about scoring whatsoever...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw that the Celtics and 76ers are in serious discussions for the #1 pick. A league source thinks it may be an effort to get more picks to trade for Jimmy Butler, though I'd take that second part with a major grain of salt.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ainge loves him some IT.

Makes more sense to me for the Celtics to draft Jackson.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Trade talk is starting to gain more momentum and its possible that it turns out to be a 3 team trade involving the Bulls. Maybe we'll finally get chicagos prodigal son, Jahlil Okafor

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade talk is starting to gain more momentum and its possible that it turns out to be a 3 team trade involving the Bulls. Maybe we'll finally get chicagos prodigal son, Jahlil Okafor

Smart, Okafor, and the #3 (Fultz or Ball, solving PG of future), Phillies 2018 first rd pick would be a serious combination I could stand behind.

Lopez and Portis would compliment Okafor well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Smart
Okafer
Two firsts

For

Butler

No fking way we get that much....and i have no interest on okafer

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 firsts?

cuz Smart and Okafor are throw ins with little value to their teams in a scenario where Philly has Simmons/Fultz/Embiid and Boston has Butler/Hayward.

They are perfect for us and Hoiball, can add to the confusion of who to start and who to use when. Okafor will take really well to Hoiberg not telling him why he is or isn't starting on a daily basis.

If we bring back Rondo/Mirotic, we can have a team of degenerate hot heads that have no self awareness.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Stephen A Smith reported on first take that the Sixers declined a trade that would have sent Jimmy to philly for the #3 pick.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
The Bulls want Josh Jackson of Kansas. They're trying to move up to get him. No takers on Jimmy.

Ron Burgundy

2017 NBA Draft: Chicago Bulls trade Jimmy Butler to Timberwolves

jimmy_butler.jpg

It finally happened. The Chicago Bulls actually traded star Jimmy Butler after months of speculation that they would. Chicago pulled the trigger on a deal Thursday night during the 2017 NBA Draft sending Butler and the No. 16 overall pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the No. 7 overall pick in the draft. The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski first reported the news: https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/878036127680155648 The move is a big one for the Bulls as it means they've finally picked a lane. It's officially a rebuild now as the team has acquired young talent for a budding star. Minnesota gets Butler to compliment Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns as they look to return to the NBA Playoffs for the first time since 2004. He gives the Timberwolves a No. 1 threat to go to when the game is on the line. More importantly, Butler reunites with his former head coach Tom Thibodeau. With the No. 7 pick, Chicago acquired the rights to Lauri Markkanen. They officially announced the deal just a few hours later: https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/878071965537390592 Get ready folks, this rebuild could get interesting.

More...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2nd pick is Jordan Bell

Strange enough, if you take the best parts of Bell and Markkanen's game, make one player. Then you basically have Jimmy Butler with a slightly better shot and longer wingspan.

Pax, lay off the bathsalts.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well nevermind. Warriors buy Bell from the Bulls. WTF. I actually LOVED the Bell selection, especially since he was projected as high as 17 and is a serious ball-hawk.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Well nevermind. Warriors buy Bell from the Bulls. WTF. I actually LOVED the Bell selection, especially since he was projected as high as 17 and is a serious ball-hawk.

It makes no sense. Guy reminded me of Taj watching him play the last couple years. Being from Washington I watch a ton of Pac-10 ball. Bell is a baller who is a big team player and a big reason the Ducks made a run to the Final Four. He'll fit in well in GS. Our team is stupid. Just dumb. They could have handled the trade so much better and screwed everything up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

What did they get in the trade? I haven't been able to see.