Trubisky Dominates Mini Camp

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least it's better then having reports come out that he's inaccurate and missing receivers left and right. Not much to go off right now, but at least what we do have is good.

If he's not accurate and missing receivers in 7 on 7's, we have some worries.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Far from meaningless. He'll get snaps under center and learn that part of the job instead of so much shot-gun. He'll get time in the film room and learn how to effectively and quickly read defenses. He'll have time to understand the speed of the game and its overall differences than the college level. He'll have time to understand what it takes, the time, study, taking care of his body, etc....

I totally agree that a QB can't succeed switching systems every few years. Totally agree.

You don't learn the speed of the NFL game in a film room, you learn it on the field, and then, from your mistakes. Agree with the rest.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't believe their defense is as bad as it may seem. I thought they played fairly well last season considering the circumstances. Once again last year they were hung out to dry on the field for the majority of each game by an inefficient offense, & they had too many injuries at key positions. When a team runs a 3-4 thats predicated on bringing extra pressure with the ILBs & OLBs you have to have good or better CB's that can nail it down in press-man coverage without help from the safeties. You also need a mainstay at NT to help open things up for the blitzing LB's. The Bears Basically trotted out a starting defense full of rag tags & backups outside of a few exceptions, & they are the key reason the Bears were competitively close in most of their games during 2016 in spite of their terrible overall record.

Now the Bears have addressed the vital needs at CB with decent talent & have Goldman healthy on the nose. If healthy I do think that this can & will be a defense ranked inside the top 10, again if healthy. Personally I don't believe the Bears are nearly as bad as some may want to imply, even last years team should been significantly better minus the numerous injuries at key positions. If Pace manages to now address the OT & WR positions with halfway legitimate talent moving forward, IMO there is no reason that the Bears shouldn't be a factor that one has to figure in with future contender discussions. Especially if Trubisky becomes the type of QB that I believe he will become in a year or two.
tumblr_mukxqjkKTK1rrnwc4o2_500.gif

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You don't learn the speed of the NFL game in a film room, you learn it on the field, and then, from your mistakes. Agree with the rest.
I think he can get an idea from the sideline.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It is going to take a combination of Glennon struggling in preseason, while Trubisky dominates 2nd stringers for the real controversy to begin. Fox will stick with Glennon who will struggle and ruin our season. Trubisky will then get to start against the weaker 2nd half of our schedule, he will win some games and people will question why he wasn't starting from day one. This will result in the firing of Fox and a new system coming in. Which basically means Trubisky's rookie year will be meaningless.

The next coach must be an offensively focused guy. No QB can succeed if they have to switch systems every few years, I can't stress this enough.

Ditkus was an offensive minded coach, ended up with the right assistant coach to have the best defense in a decade.

I dont know if this is going back to the coach killer cutler getting a new system when coaches were fired, but if the player performs the coaches keep their jobs.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I think he can get an idea from the sideline.

I disagree. Big difference between watching and playing football. Same thing with transitioning from HS to College. You can go watch a College game and notice its visibly faster but you don't get the chance to react to the speed yourself unless you are out there.

Trubisky can be as mentally prepared as anyone but until he starts getting on-field reps it doesn't matter IMO. He has to feel the speed, and difference in talent, and react accordingly. He's going to make mistakes and hopefully he'll learn from them.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Big difference between watching and playing football. Same thing with transitioning from HS to College. You can go watch a College game and notice its visibly faster but you don't get the chance to react to the speed yourself unless you are out there.

Trubisky can be as mentally prepared as anyone but until he starts getting on-field reps it doesn't matter IMO. He has to feel the speed, and difference in talent, and react accordingly. He's going to make mistakes and hopefully he'll learn from them.
That's what practice is for. Except you can afford to make mistakes without a fan base breathing down your neck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd thank this twice if I could.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what practice is for. Except you can afford to make mistakes without a fan base breathing down your neck, except for the CCS.

Fify

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
That's what practice is for. Except you can afford to make mistakes without a fan base breathing down your neck.

With the new CBA you can barely hit in practice anymore. Even if you could there's a difference between practice and when the lights are on.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I'm still not ready to give up on Fox yet, but watching the NFL Network "All or Nothing" show about the Arizona Cardinals makes me kick myself that the Bears didn't jump on Bruce Arians when they had the chance.

Well, the guy in charge of that decision was Phail Emery. The same guy who declared Jonathon "Boom" Bostic as being "dynamic." The same guy who thought Brandon Hardin (with the medical records of a cripple) would be an awesome 3rd round pick. The same guy who thought Mark Trest-can't would be an epic HC.

So...yeah....botching the Arians hire was fitting.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Practice helps but it doesn't prepare you for another team. The defense knows that blowing up Tribs is going to get someone in big trouble. Practice is to work on things, not go after other players. The preseason will give us an indication as to how he handles the speed but even that isn't necessarily a great indicator.

He will get reps during the season. That will be the best lesson for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Need both but the learning curve will actually be faster if you're only thinking about attacking the D by the time you start. Mechanical things, with how to game prep and simple stuff like practice routine should already be 2nd nature so you are only thinking about how to beat the opponent on Sunday. That won't happen for rookie until you get at least 1/4 of the way into a season. Rookies may start out great and then fall back or get better as they go along but most guys that start day one have issues unrelated to their skill level due to lack of enough preparedness... even if they're working their asses off.

I'd rather Mitchell watch Glennon, be surprised by some of what he sees and eventually think he could see it better by the time he starts. I think 4-8 games to build a proper platform will help. If Glennon is playing very well, there's not much to do but allow him to continue.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing the Bears are the only team in the NFL where its big news that a QB does well in mini camp. The bar is so low.

Sure beats the alternative. Go ask the Jets whether they'd prefer hearing about their QB hitting reporters with poor throws, or that he was very accurate and looks good.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Sure beats the alternative. Go ask the Jets whether they'd prefer hearing about their QB hitting reporters with poor throws, or that he was very accurate and looks good.
Haha, yeah the Jets don't have the luxury of gushing about minicamp accuracy. They're gunning for that #1 overall pick full force and they're telling the Browns and 49ers to get the fuck out of the way