Trubisky Dominates Mini Camp

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
It is going to take a combination of Glennon struggling in preseason, while Trubisky dominates 2nd stringers for the real controversy to begin. Fox will stick with Glennon who will struggle and ruin our season. Trubisky will then get to start against the weaker 2nd half of our schedule, he will win some games and people will question why he wasn't starting from day one. This will result in the firing of Fox and a new system coming in. Which basically means Trubisky's rookie year will be meaningless.

The next coach must be an offensively focused guy. No QB can succeed if they have to switch systems every few years, I can't stress this enough.

Truly prophetic^

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have no problems with the Bears being cautious with Trubisky and sitting him the full year, even if Glennon tanks.

The Bears have had a tough history with developing QBs, and I have no problem being patient.

Even if Trubisky performs well above what anyone expects, I don't know if that difference will be enough wins to make a huge difference.

Another draft picking early would really help out this defense.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Another draft picking early would really help out this defense.

Would love to see the defense keep getting better through the draft... but... giving whoever our QB is someone to throw the ball to would be a great idea. Not buying the narrative that we have serviceable talent at the WR positions.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agreed 804. One more draft and FA period to improve at DE, WR and DB, and we should be in a good position to compete.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Trubisky will play next season because Glennon will be disabled very quickly. So then it will fall to Sanchez who also will be hurt. The outcry from the fans will force them to put Trubisky in. I predict also that Fox will be fired right before their bye week and Fangio installed as head coach.

This is a self inflicted wound because of their failures to build a good offensive line and the signing of Glennon. When you have two shit offensive tackles and an injured guard in Long, you better have a mobile quarterback which neither Glennon or Sanchez is. IN fact Glennon is the least mobile quarterback in the NFL. His footwork is terrible.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'll be interested to see if Trubisky gets snaps in TC or the Preseason with the #1s.

He will Likely be the starter for Game 4, but that really is not an opportunity for any kind of evaluation.