Chicago Bulls show interest in Andre Iguodala

Ron Burgundy

140314101344-andre-iguodala-top-single-image-cut.jpg

The Chicago Bulls could be adding another veteran and NBA champion to their roster this Summer.Golden State Warriors forward and Springfield, Illinois native Andre Iguodala is expected to test the free agent market this summer. Iguodala has won two NBA titles with the Warriors, including being named the NBA Finals MVP in 2015.But now he's ready to test the market in a couple of weeks.The Vertical was the first to report the news and has a list of teams that are expected to be interested in Iguodala's services. One of those teams are the Bulls:
Iguodala plans to seriously consider other teams in July, league sources told The Vertical. Prospective teams would need to show in meetings a vision to move toward contention to pry Iguodala from Golden State, league sources said. In four seasons with the Warriors, Iguodala has served as a playmaker and primary wing defender and established himself as a high-character leader.Many teams are expected to pursue discussions with Iguodala, including the Warriors, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Atlanta Hawks, league sources said.​
The Vertical also goes on to say that he could land a deal that will pay him $20M annually. This report comes just days after the Mercury News reported that Iguodala was close to an extension with the Warriors.It's obvious Chicago is in the middle of a rebuild, but spending $20M annually on 33-year-old forward wouldn't be a fan-favorite move. It also wouldn't speed up the Bulls rebuild process. Instead, Chicago would follow a path similar to what they did in 2016 by bringing in veterans Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo.

More...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'm sure the 'talk' from 3/4 of those teams comes from his agent. The Bulls already have an aging soon to retire Wade. Iguodala is coming from a championship team where he wasn't one of the big 4, he never played on good teams before joining GS. He's the big wrong move some GMs make thinking they're signing a floor leader and guy who will put up better numbers when he's one of the big 3 on a team. And that GM gets fired for making that big mistake.

I doubt the Bulls even looked at him.

AussieBear

yeah... overpay for a old borderline star... sounds familiar... itll work out

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ehh i don't buy it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This here, well this here would be a bad idea.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Isn't he like 68 years old by now? Typical bulls

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Front office has no clue WTF they're doing.