Bulls wasted an opportunity.

AussieBear

With the celtics willing to trade pick 1.. the bulls should have packaged butler and more future crap for the pick. so they could take ball @ 1. And at 16, take Anzejs Pasecniks.. da 7'2 C out of Latvia-- go full rebuild mode mixed wiff some fa pieces in 17-18...

or id probably just take the 7'1 C/PF Isaiah Hartenstein at 16 instead of Pasecniks.. i like him mo better for some reasons... its probably cause he be mo physical and has a higher ceiling imo.. needs lots of work on dat shot though.. still 19 so idk if he'd even play next year.. but eh.. rebuild

why ball at one??? cause LA @ 2. Im sure the lakers would want Jimmy, but their desire for Ball may be greater. so i dont see a swap for jimmy and 2 going down. but who knows.. Paul George says LA is in his future.. Butler/George would be a good 1-2 punch in 18-19.... on paper anyway..

make a run at Gordon Hayward or Gallinari as plan b and pray wade gives ya one more year.. or just ask wade to opt out and go after JJ Redick and Tim Hardaway Jr ..

Go up tempo... run ppl out da gym...spread da flo. let ball do his thang. hit dem threes..

PG Ball
SG Reddick/Hardaway
SF Hayward or Gallinari
PF Portis
C Pasecniks or Hartenstein

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The celtics traded down so they can get more picks to give the bulls for jimmy butler in case they dont get hayward.

AussieBear

The celtics traded down so they can get more picks to give the bulls for jimmy butler in case they dont get hayward.

pick one would have been suffice.... well for me..so i could guarantee meself lonzo ball.. i guess it comes down to the style you want to play.. id be going full throttle, so im taking ball. out of the ball bros.. lonzo is the one you want..

then id probably pester wade to leave... cap space galore.. two rookies to build around.. one a blue chip point guard the other a potential based solid stretch 4/5.. sure they all potential base.. but ya know what eye mean

shit id probably even say fuck hayward and go after gallinari while teams waste energy and focus fighting for da hayward.. otto porter and bojan bogdanovic would get a look at SF too.. id be passing on rudy gay.

but eh.. chicago knows what it be doing right..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ball is not even working out well for the Lakers. He does not want to be in boston, why would he want to be in chicago?

No, the Celtics did not change who they were choosing, the 76ers just paid the price. When the Celtics pick at 3, they are getting the same guy they would have picked at 1.

Now the bulls are looking at Crowder, Fox, Brown and two first round picks for Butler, that two players and two picks, while the Cavs are trying to trade Love to the desert and send the bulls two Phoenix guards.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Boston basically did what the 49ers did in the NFL draft, they got more assets from a team to slide down a couple of slots and still get the same player they could have taken at #1. Of the three top names there's no guarantee that any of them will be an ultra star, the Celtics already have some very good young players who could break out so they can afford to take another one with the potential to do that to add to that mix without thinking there's one above the others.

AussieBear

Ball is not even working out well for the Lakers. He does not want to be in boston, why would he want to be in chicago?

No, the Celtics did not change who they were choosing, the 76ers just paid the price. When the Celtics pick at 3, they are getting the same guy they would have picked at 1.

Now the bulls are looking at Crowder, Fox, Brown and two first round picks for Butler, that two players and two picks, while the Cavs are trying to trade Love to the desert and send the bulls two Phoenix guards.

who cares where he wants to be. dis da nba. we own ya.. up to you to earn dat max deal... you dont think the bulls have enough history to keep him in chicago if they were to land him??

idk which point guard i like the best or who will eventually develop into da man.. but the style i like.... i like ball for his ability to play hyper fast, see da floor, great passer and his long range threat. has no mid range at the moment but whatever. i personally just like pass first pgs who can hit the three and run all day.. pick yo poison with these guards eh..

imagine a young 6'6 rondo who can actually shoot, and minus that head case issue.. you get to develop that... or dat jason kidd comparison with a 3 point shot already developed.. but jason was much stronger imo... so idk if i like that comparison..

whatever the bulls do.. they aint competing for a title next year or the year after or the year after.. might as well rip it all apart and build from the ground up..

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
The Bulls covet a top 3 pick to take Josh Jackson from Kansas. 6-10 small forward.

AussieBear

sure it only be summa league and dat 3 a bit spotty atm for da ball.. but mane.. :derbulls: :facepalm:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with you on this Aussie. I mentioned it before the draft too.

We should jump the Lakers for Ball. He was the franchise changing PG we covet, and we didn't make the move. We got a defensive PG instead.

It was ripe for the taking, as the Celtics could have fucked the lakers.

Hell, Butler might have chased a chip in boston for 2-3 years and come back to us just to play with Ball.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Boston rejected a deal for jimmy for the 3rd pick straight up. Why would they have given the first?

AussieBear

I'm with you on this Aussie. I mentioned it before the draft too.

We should jump the Lakers for Ball. He was the franchise changing PG we covet, and we didn't make the move. We got a defensive PG instead.

It was ripe for the taking, as the Celtics could have fucked the lakers.

Hell, Butler might have chased a chip in boston for 2-3 years and come back to us just to play with Ball.

10-4 big brotha...

think i may have to root for da lakers dis year.. see if they can grab dat 7-8 spot..worth cheering fo... west too stacked..