Report: Jimmy Butler will ‘push’ for a trade to Cleveland

Ron Burgundy

jimmy_butler_cavaliers.jpg

Another day, another Jimmy Butler rumor. This time it has a connection to the report from Monday that the Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in acquiring Butler via trade. Chicago Sun-Times beat writer Joe Cowley reported Tuesday that Butler will 'push' for a trade to the Cavaliers in the coming days. Here's what Cowley wrote:
One of the sources indicated that Butler would even push his front office to get the deal done, which is a huge change of direction for Butler, who has told both general manager Gar Forman and vice president of basketball operations John Paxson numerous times over the last year that he didn’t want to be traded.​
The deal would likely have to be a three-team deal with the Phoenix Suns and their No. 4 overall pick involved. Cleveland is prepared to let go of Kevin Love as part of a deal, if it meant acquiring a player like Butler to their roster. The relationship between Butler and the front office has become strained over the last season or two. Butler, along with Dwyane Wade, lashed out on teammates after a game in January. Butler was benched for the first part of a game following the incident. Chicago is in a tough position. They are inn the middle of a rebuild and have to add some more talent to the roster. Obviously, keeping a player of Butler's caliber would be the smart thing to do if the Bulls were in a position to compete. But they aren't. This might be the last chance to get a good package for the star player.

More...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Jimmy isn't going to 'push' management because I don't think he has any clauses that give him approval where he could get traded. If the Bulls feel threatened by hm liike he would sit out or do something stupid they could trade him to Phoenix or SAC straight up and he could see how he likes losing.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Author:

Joe Cowley

Rush, you fell for it. Cowley's batting average when citing "sources" could be beaten by an airhead middle school cheerleader if they had to DH in the MLB.

The rumor of Jimmy offers are the only accurate part of anything here. I'm ashamed that I moved it from the feed to the forum without reading who the author of source article used in the CCS blog is.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So Jimmy pushed Rose out so he could be top dog but now he wants to join LeBron?

l11HSXX.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So Jimmy pushed Rose out so he could be top dog but now he wants to join LeBron?

I think that was also a Cowley rumor that fans bought into.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Now they're saying Jimmy wants to stay in Chicago and would be reluctant to commit to Cleveland long term if he were traded there ?

People in the media love to troll

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's absolutely nothing:
A. Cleveland could put together on their own
B. Cleveland could put together as part of a 3-way deal, because they have nothing nobody else wants.

AussieBear

There's absolutely nothing:
A. Cleveland could put together on their own
B. Cleveland could put together as part of a 3-way deal, because they have nothing nobody else wants.

love and thompson are what they are.. but they still have value to them... someone would take them on, but what they are willing to give up is another question.

def need a three team deal to make it happen.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Now they're saying Jimmy wants to stay in Chicago and would be reluctant to commit to Cleveland long term if he were traded there ��

People in the media love to troll

This started with Jow Cowley making up a story and now he's flip flopped on his own fairy tale. Today he's got a column about how the Cavs players who were trying to sell Jimmy on 'forcing a trade to CLE' are one damn day later now waving him off coming to their disfunctional team. The players had no clue what was going on in their own building Tuesday morning but by noon they were telling Jimmy to stay away?

Fans need to stop falling for the con that Joe Cowley is a basketball writer and save yourself the misery of trying to follow his crap.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Cowley hasn't had any credibility since Don Cooper called him out on his Crap Years Ago...