Marian Hossa to LTIR

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Hoss would willingly go on LTIR when he still has something in the tank. Then you don't really know how much he loves this game.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This fucking sucks. Hossa's the best.

Once we get through all the stages of grief, though, there's $5m+ of cap space that just opened up. That's something.

Someone make sure Tater keeps posting, eh?

With the caveat that that 5M+ in cap can only be spent on a single player based on the LTIR rules--at least to my knowledge.

So in other words it's not like the 'hawks can take a 20-man roster and fill it with 2-3 other players who will fetch off Eddie O.

To take advantage the 'hawks probably have to use that on a single player both making about 5.25M, and who plays at or above 5.25M.

What really, really sucks is that we just lost a major driving O-force for last year, and our best defensive FWD when our team D was already FUBAR. Hossa may have been slowing down because of father time, but he was still doing some major heavy lifiting.

...and the fact if last year was his last hurrah, he's never won a Selke is a fucking travesty and only goes to show that letting the media vote on hockey awards is a bad idea--as well as pigeonholing a general award to a certain position (i.e. the Selke only going to a center).

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What cavet of that and Joe foes it not apply to already on there Talent.

What specific talent at just under 5 exact did Philly add to fill the cap or did Arizona/Florida for their players like Bolland or for Shaun Horton. I don't think that's been sometime in the cba to make sense... just like when Kane was on ltir and Vermette and Kimmo were added both being below his hit.

Though now news which seems odd from timing of what Stan would of already known is Kruger might not be traded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im wondering more and more why we paid Kruger the contract he got.... I mean I like him, he is a hard working 4C who can kill penalties, but seems like yet another 1-2M overpay when we are already cap strapped.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to the article I read, it's a chronic skin condition that he has been treating for years with the team doctors, but it is becoming difficult to manage and having systemic symptoms now. If I had to guess at a diagnosis I would float psoriasis or maybe lupus. Hoping it is only a 1 year vacation from hockey, cause I think he still has alot left in the tank hockey wise.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:(

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This fucking sucks. Hossa's the best.

Once we get through all the stages of grief, though, there's $5m+ of cap space that just opened up. That's something.

Someone make sure Tater keeps posting, eh?

Is there? I mean...if he was set to make 1 million, are the guys projections off or the Kane/toews escalator kicks in? Or we didn't see his salary coming? I'd guess the projections are accurate or what the fuck have we been talking about?

As for the allergy, I think the saddest part is just that Hossa didn't get to have a Jeter/Kobe farewell tour.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He never would get it... those guys did because they played for one team for around 20 years both. But like Chris Pronger Hossa may be in the HOF before his contract is up. Unless Thornton goes unsigned & retires this offseason.

His salary was 1 mil but cap hit would remain the same. That's why these deals are now forbidden and you get punished if you don't ltir them.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Is it tradeable to a team that needs to hit cap floor?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone who really thinks there is some trickery behind this is being a conspiracy nut. The guy who works with me is dealing with this sort of skin condition and has been for the past months since it flared up out of nowhere. He had to change his diet, change his cloths, change his bed sheets, change his shampoo and soap, change what he cleans his cloths with. Just like mentioned in the OP, the only people who make fun of this shit are those who don't have a damn clue about it. This is serious shit that I don't wish upon anyone. Its downright depressing and oppressing on quality of life. I had no idea Hossa was dealing with this shit for years. I genuinely feel bad for him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What cavet of that and Joe foes it not apply to already on there Talent.

What specific talent at just under 5 exact did Philly add to fill the cap or did Arizona/Florida for their players like Bolland or for Shaun Horton. I don't think that's been sometime in the cba to make sense... just like when Kane was on ltir and Vermette and Kimmo were added both being below his hit.

Though now news which seems odd from timing of what Stan would of already known is Kruger might not be traded.

I believe Kimmo proper fit without Kane being there. Vermette put them over--so Kimmo was a normal addition but Vermette was allowed because of the LTIR grace.

However, I worded what i meant wrong--sorry. I'll try to clear it up

Here's the way I understand it--simplified for "season totals" and not day-to-day cap or postseason: LTIR affects both the cap and roster "grace" So; taking this into account for this past season: If the 'hawks had a 23-man roster, had 72M in cap with a limit of 73M, and Hjammer was LTIR'ed, The 'hawks would still have 1M in cap space, but are allowed a 4.1M "grace" as long as Hjammer is out. They also have a 23-man roster, but are allowed a player "grace" as long as Hjammer's out.

So in that scenario, it's not as cut-and-dried as 5.1M in cap space. The 'hawks can add a player as replacement up to 5.1M as long as Hjammer's it out, but they can only add 1 player--any more regardless off their combined cap hits would violate the max roster rule.

If the 'hawks were running a 22-man roster instead of 23 (same 72 cap and 73 max) and Hjammer went down on LTIR, they could add 2 players--one as allowed by roster rules, the other as Hjammer's grace. The two players combined cannot exceed 5.1M. They can't add 3 players (roster violation). Also, if either of those players would put the 'hawks over the max cap (i.e. 2 players of 2M cap each), then *both* have to be off the roster when LTIR is over.

In this up-coming case for Hossa: Right now you have to assume the 'hawks at a minimum are going to need a 21-man roster That's 12FWDS, 6D, and 2G. Right now on CF, they're running 22. Assuming one guy goes via FA, that's 21. Assuming Kruger is picked by Vegas (for cap simplicity) they'd be running a 21 man roster with a 74.5M Cap--including Hoss.

The extra player is a D-man.

So. the 'hawks could take on 3 extra players (2 from roster size rules, 1 from Hossa's roster grace), and a total of 5.775M of cap for all of them (.5 for the cap space, 5.275 for Hossa's cap grace).

Now, why would you split that up into 3 extra players? 2 of them will be fetching off Eddie-O (or forcing someone into fetching off Eddie-O) 2--maybe assuming one's like Tootoo (or replaces Tootoo on the roster)...but the other needs to be a bonafied roster player. Ideally you'd want to max that out. because it's a 1st ballot HoF'er, and the best defensive FWD (not to mention the only one whe was capable of winning a board battle in the playoffs).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need Duchene. whatever that takes which I assume is alot.

The thing still bothering me is just that we gave Hossa trash hand linemates in the playoffs, made our third leading scorer and best two way player one dimensional.

The last two playoffs have been a complete bungling starting with management, then coaching, then star players, and now we put a ton of pressure on lots of youth.

I'm not even worried about Hossa, everything he gave us I always considered too good to be true and we were lucky to still be getting it. This is a perfect ailment to LTIR him...the unknown factor that the symptoms could relieve and maybe he comes back for a year.

March of 2018, 2019 we could just say...Hossa wants to try playing on the medication again for 3 months, and evaluate for next year.
It almost sounds like they want him to come back for a year if he can. If he takes a year off medication, they think it might regain some effectiveness.

Or we haven't seen the Hawks full plan here...we could bring the guy anytime. Hey...HOssa...go rest your legs. If we get good enough for a cup run, show up in March and it will be a small cap hit. everybody wins.

I'm certain this means the rest of the core and Kruger stay though. TVR is gone. And we will be making moves to improve the roster, which means improving our center situation and Kruger is for sure on the table with his contract, but its not a rush thing anymore, but a wait and see until we can get something definitive like Duchene.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Duchene is not possible the Hawks don't have the young experienced D man they are coveting in trade offers. Not enough experience for Forsling for him.

A signing of a Thornton for 2 year deal may be a price worth going after. Pair him with Panarin and that's be impressive

Even though playoff wise it's harsh to see Hossa end this way it's better than what so many speculated it eventually would be with his back getting so bad he can't play or another Torres like hit ending his career. For a guy who spend so many years in 1 and done talent teams to then play I'm 5 SCFS. It's not like more was needed to drive it.

Why must I be Saad? using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
An interesting piece that has come out from this...the Blackhawks won't be able to put Hossa on LTIR until Day 2 of the regular season, according to LeBrun. Also, he points out that the NHL still has to okay it for this coming season and that putting a player on LTIR right off the bat means the Blackhawks won't "accrue any cap space as year goes on".

Not only do the Blackhawks lose Hossa but it doesn't alleviate their cap situation as much as most had thought.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Again can you trade that contract to a team that needs to hit a salary cap level? Wings traded datsyk contract last year and got compensated for it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That can't happen yet so it might in future seasons if it's certainly accepted as gonna be this way each year onward

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the Thornton idea if Kruger is moved and the HOssa cap situation doesn't sound like the hell outlined just above. (the thought of Thorntons passes finding Panarin with the slap shot...maybe the only passer in the game above Kane level)

Bondra, Forslin, Forsling and Debricat are going to all need to be hall of famers to salvage this mess.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still gonna sucker punch Raffi Torres if I ever get the chance.

Always a joy to watch Hoss play hockey. I hope his health improves and he has lots of quality time with his family.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm still gonna sucker punch Raffi Torres if I ever get the chance.

Always a joy to watch Hoss play hockey. I hope his health improves and he has lots of quality time with his family.

Torres is like 1 inch taller than me and I've got like 15 lbs on him.... I would swing on him, even if I got my ass beat.

Such a dirty cocksucker