Close

View Poll Results: How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Really badly

5 83.33%
  • Pretty bad

2 33.33%
  • Kinda bad

3 50.00%
  • Not too bad

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed the typo, meant to say I am one of the suckers that always pays for the big boxing and MMA fights. I hope for the best but expect little in terms of action, but regardless we have good friends, food, and drink every time so i just chalk it up to an incidental cost of hosting, like consuming an extra bottle of Nikka Coffee Grain or Fortaleza anejo which are each about the same cost.
    Any excuse for a party. I don't go to Super Bowl parties if I want to actually watch the game. This fight is the perfect excuse for a get together because there won't be much of a fight to interrupt the merrymaking.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by truthbedamned View Post
    This will even be more boring than Pacquiao/Mayweather. Who wants to watch Floyd dance around for 12 rounds flicking jabs with no pop. It will only get good when McGregor gets frustrated and takes him down with a leg kick and then pulverizes his face while sitting on him.

PS. I get to see it for 6.00. High def and 1080i
    I bet on this very thing to happen too. It was something ridiculous like 1,000 to 1 odds on Mayweather winning via Connor getting disqualifed after the 5th round due to an MMA style attack. So a buddy of mine so the odds and bet on it and told me about it so I dropped a hundred on it as well.

this fight is taking advantaged of race relations...it's bad for the country

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

Canelo is a bigger puncher than Conor. And if Floyd can draw a master class boxer into his fight, Connor has fuck and all of a chance to do anything that Saul couldn't.

Conor will eat jabs and straight rights...and will be gassed after 4.

Canelo and GGG is the real fight. Although I see GGG getting KTFO in that one. Gennady Way too hitable, and Canelo is the best technical Mexican fighter I've ever seen. Away from his 2 handed power, his counter punching, angles, and head movement are throwback. IMHO he's the best P4P boxer right now. GGG has a career built on Tomato Cans. He's never faced an A+ fighter. Saul's going to take him out into deep waters, and drown him.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Canelo fan. Any boxer who has been kicking grown men's asses since 15, is a Bonafide bad ass, and the real deal.

But good for Conor. He's going to make more money fighting Floyd, than he has made in his entire MMA career + endorsements...which his total career winnings and endorsements to date, are a combined 34 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Canelo is a bigger puncher than Conor. And if Floyd can draw a master class boxer into his fight, Connor has fuck and all of a chance to do anything that Saul couldn't.

Canelo and GGG is the real fight. Although I see GGG getting KTFO in that one. Gennady Way too hitable, and Canelo is the best technical Mexican fighter I've ever seen. Away from his 2 handed power, his counter punching, angles, and head movement are throwback. IMHO he's the best P4P boxer right now. GGG has a career built on Tomato Cans. He's never faced an A+ fighter. Saul's going to take him out into deep waters, and drown him.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Canelo fan. Any boxer who has been kicking grown men's asses since 15, is a Bonafide bad ass, and the real deal.

But good for Conor. He's going to make more money fighting Floyd, than he has made in his entire MMA career + endorsements...which his total career winnings and endorsements to date, are a combined 34 million.

Canelo would have never stood a chance against GGG at his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Adipost View Post
    Canelo would have never stood a chance against GGG at his peak.
    False. GGG is a good brawler, but Canelo is, and has always been on another level. GGG looks great because he's a bum slayer.

False. GGG is a good brawler, but Canelo is, and has always been on another level. GGG looks great because he's a bum slayer.

GGG is the only boxer out there that can take down Floyd. And that is why Mayweather never had any interest in stepping into the ring with GGG. There should have been a a Floyd vs. GGG a couple of years ago, what a waste. Even now, GGG is the guy Floyd should be fighting instead of McGregor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adipost View Post
    GGG is the only boxer out there that can take down Floyd. And that is why Mayweather never had any interest in stepping into the ring with GGG. There should have been a a Floyd vs. GGG a couple of years ago, what a waste. Even now, GGG is the guy Floyd should be fighting instead of McGregor.
    why would floyd fight a boxer that's not in his weight class?

people want to see floyd lose so bad that they make asinine matches that make no sense

and for the record i think canelo beats triple g...golovkin was having troubles with kell brook and even more with jacobs...neither of them are on the canelos level...canelo can box and he has power..i think he'll wear triple g down

Quote Originally Posted by Camden Cutler View Post
    why would floyd fight a boxer that's not in his weight class?

people want to see floyd lose so bad that they make asinine matches that make no sense
    Once you burn thru competition at your weight class you look up or down a class to see if anyone can offer competitive matchups?

This is literally what Mcgregor has been doing lol.... cleaned out Featherweight... went and fought Nate Diaz (at Welterweight which was odd).... then won the Lightweight belt against Eddie Alvarez.

Floyd should have looked for super fights.... instead he just protected his record.

Anyone know what the PPV is going to cost? Somewhere north of 100$??
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
    Anyone know what the PPV is going to cost? Somewhere north of 100$??
    Or 0$ on AceStream.... jus sayin

Canelo and GGG is the real fight. Although I see GGG getting KTFO in that one.
    Agree 100% regarding Conor. Disagree 100% regarding GGG.

GGG is the best middleweight in the world without any question whatsoever. He will knock Canelo out hard. Canelo will get his shots but GGG hits like a man three weight classes above Canelo.

The only MW active today with any remote hope of beating GGG is Chris Eubank Jr, who also hits like a much bigger man. His only loss was being completely robbed in a split decision against Billy Joe Saunders when he was a baby, and he's improved massively since. When the Eubank-GGG fight happens, it could be the best MW contest in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Once you burn thru competition at your weight class you look up or down a class to see if anyone can offer competitive matchups?

This is literally what Mcgregor has been doing lol.... cleaned out Featherweight... went and fought Nate Diaz (at Welterweight which was odd).... then won the Lightweight belt against Eddie Alvarez.

Floyd should have looked for super fights.... instead he just protected his record.
    floyd has won titles in 5 weight divisions and you want him to fight a natural middle weight? that's ridiculous

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Canelo is indeed elite, but y'all are selling GGG short - he is a legit badass and there's a reason why Vegas has him pegged at -160 for this fight.

I'm all over it on 9/16.

Or 0$ on AceStream.... jus sayin
    Yea, I need to get a few things in order at the house.

My internet Upgraded (DSL Sucks!)

a VPN

A Chromecast connection so I can stream stuff like that for free and get my NFL ticket for cheap cheap (vpn to do that.)

I do not do any streaming currently other than netflix its about as far as I go with my DSL connection sucking so badly it isn't fun doing much on the internet from the house other than basic internet browsing.
    The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Quote Originally Posted by Camden Cutler View Post
    floyd has won titles in 5 weight divisions and you want him to fight a natural middle weight? that's ridiculous
    Hey now, you asked why Floyd would fight someone not in his weight class, I gave you the answer.

Hey now, you asked why Floyd would fight someone not in his weight class, I gave you the answer.
    Yeah but I think the point which is fair is that Mayweather has already done that. You are talking about a guy that started out his pro career at Super Featherweight ie 126-130 pounds and he essentially cleaned out 5 weight classes.

Triple G walks around at about 170 and Mayweather walks around at about 145-150 now. That's a huge difference particularly when Floyd has had to work to put on that much weight as again he started out in the 126-130 weight class while Triple G pretty much has always been in that middleweight range.

That's part of the reason Floyd has lost so much power and become a defensive fighter. At the lower weight classes that were more natural for him, he knocked out 17 of his first 25 opponents. As he's moved up, he's been fighting naturally bigger guys and simply avoiding getting hit by them because he's generally the smaller guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmick View Post
    Agree 100% regarding Conor. Disagree 100% regarding GGG.

GGG is the best middleweight in the world without any question whatsoever. He will knock Canelo out hard. Canelo will get his shots but GGG hits like a man three weight classes above Canelo.

The only MW active today with any remote hope of beating GGG is Chris Eubank Jr, who also hits like a much bigger man. His only loss was being completely robbed in a split decision against Billy Joe Saunders when he was a baby, and he's improved massively since. When the Eubank-GGG fight happens, it could be the best MW contest in decades.
    Hold up, you think anyone is going to knock out Canelo? Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe he has even been knocked down much less ever knocked out since he started boxing at 13 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    Hold up, you think anyone is going to knock out Canelo? Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe he has even been knocked down much less ever knocked out since he started boxing at 13 years old.
    His previous opponents don't hit like GGG.

I'm up for a sig bet with anyone who thinks Canelo will win this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmick View Post
    His previous opponents don't hit like GGG.

I'm up for a sig bet with anyone who thinks Canelo will win this fight.
    Canelo is my Mexi-Ginger brethren... he will win

Alright, so far we got Ursa, Ares and Xero (I think?) saying Canelo.

Adipost (I think?) and myself for GGG.

24. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  25. The Following User Says Thank You to bearmick For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast