How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can we all agree that McGOAT would KO GGG and Mayweather in a 2 on 1 fight?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alright, so far we got Ursa, Ares and Xero (I think?) saying Canelo.

Adipost (I think?) and myself for GGG.

I'll practically bet anything that he won't get knocked out which is what you said. I won't put it out of the realm of possibility that he could lose the fight though. Either way I of course would be rooting for Canelo in that fight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll practically bet anything that he won't get knocked out which is what you said. I won't put it out of the realm of possibility that he could lose the fight though. Either way I of course would be rooting for Canelo in that fight.

Canelo is what unites Gingers and Mexicans everywhere

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would make a bet that GGG will stop Canelo and it will never get to the judges' table.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Canelo is what unites Gingers and Mexicans everywhere

I still can't get my head around him being Mexican. I honestly never knew there were Mexicans with read hair before him. I thought it was pretty much unique to the Scots and the Irish.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:

i'd be more stunned if golovkin out boxes canelo and wins a decision than ggg knocking canelo out

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't pay a nickel to watch Mayweather fight. He is like watching paint dry. I know he is a tremendous boxer but its boring as hell.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about this one? Lets have Stallone fight DeNiro with the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior project?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How about this one? Lets have Stallone fight DeNiro with the proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior project?

I mean if we're trying to get them money, why not McGregor vs Mayweather?

It is gonna net like a billion dollars

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I mean if we're trying to get them money, why not McGregor vs Mayweather?

It is gonna net like a billion dollars

The only reason this joke fight is happening is so a few people make a shit ton of money. It would be a miracle if they donated 1% to any cause outside of themselves and uncle sam.

"Fuck politics and fuck religion.
I just want to swing a few lefts and a few rights for a couple of hundred mill in peace."
Conor McGregor

He's not even American, I doubt The Wounded Warrior Project would be high on his list of charities.

Fucking Irish.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
The only reason this joke fight is happening is so a few people make a shit ton of money. It would be a miracle if they donated 1% to any cause outside of themselves and uncle sam.

"Fuck politics and fuck religion.
I just want to swing a few lefts and a few rights for a couple of hundred mill in peace."

Conor McGregor

He's not even American, I doubt The Wounded Warrior Project would be high on his list of charities.

Fucking Irish.

:lmao:

charity starts at mi casa lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Impossible argument to make either way, because if Floyd was GGG's natural size, he wouldn't have had the speed he did.

To humor the argument for speculation's sake though, I disagree. GGG is the better fighter. Floyd couldn't knock snow off a rope, so his only hope would be to defend and try to win on points. But I don't think he would because I think GGG is the one guy who would have banged him out.

No, again when he was fighting at his natural weight he had 17 knockouts in 25 fights. Go look at his early career. Floyd was knocking the snot out of people because he is a natural super featherweight and he has the power of a natural super featherweight. His knockout percentage was 68% at his natural weight.

The reason why he no longer knocks people out is because he is fighting now at light middleweight and against people that are more natural light middleweights so his featherweight power doesn't faze them.

So in this hypothetical, if you took a guy that had the power at his natural weight to knock out people at a 68% clip and you now make him a natural middleweight then one would expect him to have the power at middleweight comparable to his 68% knockout rate.

Floyd would still be much faster than GGG at 160 because the decline in speed from adding an additional 6 pounds isn't as steep as the rise in power if we assume Floyd was a true middleweight because IMO power scales much faster than speed if we adjust someone's natural weight.

As for GGG being the better fighter, GGG has more raw power but he is not a better technical fighter or strategist. I am not seeing many areas where he would top Floyd. There is also the issue of him not really faced in top level competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Golovkin

Who would you say was his best opponent he's fought to date?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy I'm not going to get into it with you because, quite frankly, I don't have the energy for 94 pages of arguing about a hypothetical. We can agree to disagree.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remy I'm not going to get into it with you because, quite frankly, I don't have the energy for 94 pages of arguing about a hypothetical. We can agree to disagree.

C3re_UnVUAIDbKF.jpg

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It still amazes that people will pay good money to watch this fight live or on pay per view. This is no better than a WWE matchup. Having said that I put money on McGregor because the odds were fucking ridiculous and his only chance is if he simply gets lucky and tags Mayweather with a luck punch.

Mayweather has been hit cleanly by MUCH bigger punchers than Conor.

Unless "luck punch" is code word for Louisville Slugger, Then Conor has a slight chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, again when he was fighting at his natural weight he had 17 knockouts in 25 fights. Go look at his early career. Floyd was knocking the snot out of people because he is a natural super featherweight and he has the power of a natural super featherweight. His knockout percentage was 68% at his natural weight.

The reason why he no longer knocks people out is because he is fighting now at light middleweight and against people that are more natural light middleweights so his featherweight power doesn't faze them.

So in this hypothetical, if you took a guy that had the power at his natural weight to knock out people at a 68% clip and you now make him a natural middleweight then one would expect him to have the power at middleweight comparable to his 68% knockout rate.

Floyd would still be much faster than GGG at 160 because the decline in speed from adding an additional 6 pounds isn't as steep as the rise in power if we assume Floyd was a true middleweight because IMO power scales much faster than speed if we adjust someone's natural weight.

As for GGG being the better fighter, GGG has more raw power but he is not a better technical fighter or strategist. I am not seeing many areas where he would top Floyd. There is also the issue of him not really faced in top level competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Golovkin

Who would you say was his best opponent he's fought to date?

Not to date, but the guy who is going to knock GGG out silly-Canelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
GGG gonna win.

If McGoat beats Mayweather, i will deforest the mountain

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mayweather in 5 rounds.
This will be a debacle.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The original odds were crazy... I wish I woulda thrown some on McGOAT just cause of how high they were.

no...its free money on mayweather.

McGregor has ring experience, showtime experience, fight experience. Its not exactly a novice as some claim, but if you have respect for the science of boxing or have ever tried it you would realize McGregor can't learn to protect himself at all in 6 months. His normal arm guard must also block kicks and is wide open, his instincts will actually work against him. What are automatic situational combos for mayweather are going to frustrate the hell out of Irishman.. I could see McGregor barely surviving the first round if he focuses on making a spectacle, taunting, and RUNNING.

Watch the Canelo fight. By round 3 Money has timed up every attack and is pursuing him in zero risk windows, Canelo, a mexican hero and epic fighter with over 50 wins now, is helpless. McGregor is dumb enough not to understand and his yes men have not prepared him for this. Its more likely he gets killed, actually dead in the ring than it is that he wins. A normal fighter would never take the clean open shots mayweather is going to rain on him, his brain is at MORE risk if Mayweather can't knock him out early.

As soon as Money transforms his defense to McGregors timing and angles he will advance confidently and take him apart badly in the boxing exhibition of his dreams to capstone his career. If McGregor can last to round 5 he will have proven me wrong, or Mayweather is toying him.

-500 is free money. Take it with everything you got, can mortgage, borrow, etc. I would also prop bet mayweather in rounds 1-4 for odds closer to even, with the 20% expected winnings amount.

Who will be holding the white flag in McGregors corner? I hope they are responsible. See, McGregor is actually pretty stupid and out of touch narcissist, the same disorder as Trump. When he fought "The Mountain", he actually thought he was winning and won, while the mountain just didn't want to hurt him when he grabbed him in the clinch. Mountain could have literally ended his life at any moment but was stuck in playfight mode while dumb ass wails on his stomach like this is real.

This is going to be humbling and embarrass the UFC. their response will be that no boxer is brave enough to go the other way.