How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
floyd has won titles in 5 weight divisions and you want him to fight a natural middle weight? that's ridiculous

Hey now, you asked why Floyd would fight someone not in his weight class, I gave you the answer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey now, you asked why Floyd would fight someone not in his weight class, I gave you the answer.

Yeah but I think the point which is fair is that Mayweather has already done that. You are talking about a guy that started out his pro career at Super Featherweight ie 126-130 pounds and he essentially cleaned out 5 weight classes.

Triple G walks around at about 170 and Mayweather walks around at about 145-150 now. That's a huge difference particularly when Floyd has had to work to put on that much weight as again he started out in the 126-130 weight class while Triple G pretty much has always been in that middleweight range.

That's part of the reason Floyd has lost so much power and become a defensive fighter. At the lower weight classes that were more natural for him, he knocked out 17 of his first 25 opponents. As he's moved up, he's been fighting naturally bigger guys and simply avoiding getting hit by them because he's generally the smaller guy.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree 100% regarding Conor. Disagree 100% regarding GGG.

GGG is the best middleweight in the world without any question whatsoever. He will knock Canelo out hard. Canelo will get his shots but GGG hits like a man three weight classes above Canelo.

The only MW active today with any remote hope of beating GGG is Chris Eubank Jr, who also hits like a much bigger man. His only loss was being completely robbed in a split decision against Billy Joe Saunders when he was a baby, and he's improved massively since. When the Eubank-GGG fight happens, it could be the best MW contest in decades.

Hold up, you think anyone is going to knock out Canelo? Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe he has even been knocked down much less ever knocked out since he started boxing at 13 years old.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hold up, you think anyone is going to knock out Canelo? Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe he has even been knocked down much less ever knocked out since he started boxing at 13 years old.

His previous opponents don't hit like GGG.

I'm up for a sig bet with anyone who thinks Canelo will win this fight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His previous opponents don't hit like GGG.

I'm up for a sig bet with anyone who thinks Canelo will win this fight.

Canelo is my Mexi-Ginger brethren... he will win

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alright, so far we got Ursa, Ares and Xero (I think?) saying Canelo.

Adipost (I think?) and myself for GGG.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alright, so far we got Ursa, Ares and Xero (I think?) saying Canelo.

Adipost (I think?) and myself for GGG.

I also said McGOAT would KO Mayweather.... keep that in mind

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once you burn thru competition at your weight class you look up or down a class to see if anyone can offer competitive matchups?

This is literally what Mcgregor has been doing lol.... cleaned out Featherweight... went and fought Nate Diaz (at Welterweight which was odd).... then won the Lightweight belt against Eddie Alvarez.

Floyd should have looked for super fights.... instead he just protected his record.

Canelo was a Superfight. And a more important fight than GGG. Yeah PAC was older, but so was Floyd.

De La Hoya was a Superfight.
Mosley was a Superfight.
Judah was a Superfight.

Canelo has fought Superfights.

GGG has not faced a single fighter who will even be in HOF discussions.

Of every fighter listed in this thread, only GGG has had a career of being protected.

The idiots at ESPN who think GGG is the favorite, are the same morons who said Chavez Jr was not going to be an easy fight for Saul.

In every inch of the game, Saul is the most complete boxer on the planet. He is A grade or higher in

Chin
Power
Skill
Footwork
Counter Punching
Defense
Head Movement
Vision

Dude has the same ability that Leonard and Ali had, to deliver a shot full power on a counter punch, get there first, and still slip the shot while still finishing his.

FYI, Connor can't do that. When he KO'd Aldo. He still got his face busted open from Jose's shot. Rare fighters like Canelo, an still step down on their shots, and then slip.

GGG with the Iron Man suit has NEVER been able to do this.

Saul's only knock, was when he fought Floyd, he needed to take the Marciano approach. Just hit him in the arms and the body, until the guard wears down, and drops.

Floyd works a variance the Moore crab defense, along with the shoulder roll. While he's not quite at prime Pernell Whittaker level defensively, he's still phenomenal.

But Saul is an all world boxer in terms of skill, so he went with what he knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why would floyd fight a boxer that's not in his weight class?

people want to see floyd lose so bad that they make asinine matches that make no sense

GGG was willing to go down to 154lbs. And yes, most people want to see him lose. But that is the genius of Floyd, and it's precisely what he's after. He plays a great villain, and that is why he makes over a hundred million per fight.

So I really don't understand your gripe here. Floyd has fought at 154 lb weight class before. You think it's such an asinine fight, yet Floyd is about to fight someone from the UFC!!! LMAO

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Floyd has fought at 154 lb weight class before.

Yep, he beat Canelo at the 154 weight.

GGG would knock Floyd into the middle of next week.

GGG > Floyd > Canelo > other contenders > no-name unranked pro boxers > Conor.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You dishonor McGOAT.... I can haz honor duel?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McGregor is going to win

I would die laughing.... TBH I am just hoping he forgets he is in a boxing match and takes Floyd down cause the lulz of watching a double leg takedown in a boxing match....

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
GGG was willing to go down to 154lbs. And yes, most people want to see him lose. But that is the genius of Floyd, and it's precisely what he's after. He plays a great villain, and that is why he makes over a hundred million per fight.

So I really don't understand your gripe here. Floyd has fought at 154 lb weight class before. You think it's such an asinine fight, yet Floyd is about to fight someone from the UFC!!! LMAO

the floyd vs mcgregor fight is beyond stupid and is boxing only by name..no one is denying this...but floyd fighting a natural middle weight BOXER makes no sense for him..especially at this point in his career...it only makes sense to those who create a new boogie man they want to see him fight because they want to see him lose

but that's besides the point because everyone knows that floyd is ducking both klitschko brothers :rolleyes:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Weight classes are artificial bars fighters need to meet the day before the fight. It's not a representation of their true size or what they actually fight the night of. GGG is a true middleweight. He is much bigger than Floyd and that's not even debatable. His artificially dropping down to 154 and then gaining like 5-10 pounds before the the fight actually happens is a huge size advantage when compared to a guy that started out his career fighting at 126 pounds.

GGG is naturally like 30-50 pounds heavier than Floyd and there is a huge difference between walking around at 170 and dropping to 154 vs walking around at 130-140 and trying to add weight to get to 154.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Floyd Mayweather should fight Brock Lesnar

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

P4P, Floyd is the much better fighter. GGG just happens to be a much bigger fighter. Their fight would have been a matter of speed vs power. If GGG could tag him then yeah he knocks him out but GGG is so much slower than Floyd that his ability to tag Floyd is questionable.

Their fight would probably be even more boring than Pacquaio because Floyd would run and dance all fucking night tagging GGG with the occasional jab. He'd probably have GGG chasing him all night and if GGG didn't knock him out early then GGG would tire in the later rounds.

But make no mistake, if GGG and Floyd were both naturally similar in weight, Floyd takes GGG down 9 out of 10 times.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But make no mistake, if GGG and Floyd were both naturally similar in weight, Floyd takes GGG down 9 out of 10 times.

Impossible argument to make either way, because if Floyd was GGG's natural size, he wouldn't have had the speed he did.

To humor the argument for speculation's sake though, I disagree. GGG is the better fighter. Floyd couldn't knock snow off a rope, so his only hope would be to defend and try to win on points. But I don't think he would because I think GGG is the one guy who would have banged him out.