How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

How badly will Mcgregor beat Mayweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like MMA. But for chins, as well as punching, it is lacking.

This fight was a farce. An old man fighting a clueless kid. Floyd used McGregor so that he could look like a warrior on his way out for a $300 mil payday, and his 50th win. When the truth was, he took as much damage as schoolgirl in a pillow fight.

Anyway, the real Super fight of the year is in 3 weeks. This fight was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGregor and MayWeather have always been friends this was just a ploy from both of them for money.

Conor has said for years he's in the sport for money not glory.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Huge loss for boxing.

Conor McGregor has had zero career boxing matches and he goes ten rounds with the greatest boxer of this era without a scratch on his face.

I am hearing that justification a lot- and I am going the exact opposite way.
McGregor specializes in a sport where you can literally use and part of your body to strike- with zero padding. The great assets and skillsets are being able to land devastating hits and TAKE devastating hits and keep going.

Despite being in a fight where his opponent was limited to padded hands as a weapon, and you get breaks between rounds, He ran out of steam and was horribly outclassed.
Despite specializing in a sport where you can use your entire body weight in addition to throws and grappling, McCregor was unable to hold out for the long haul. his endurance was terrible- especially considering the limited scope of the weapons available.
To me that is the equivalent of striking out Barry Bonds in a whiffle ball game.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am hearing that justification a lot- and I am going the exact opposite way.
McGregor specializes in a sport where you can literally use and part of your body to strike- with zero padding. The great assets and skillsets are being able to land devastating hits and TAKE devastating hits and keep going.

Despite being in a fight where his opponent was limited to padded hands as a weapon, and you get breaks between rounds, He ran out of steam and was horribly outclassed.
Despite specializing in a sport where you can use your entire body weight in addition to throws and grappling, McCregor was unable to hold out for the long haul. his endurance was terrible- especially considering the limited scope of the weapons available.
To me that is the equivalent of striking out Barry Bonds in a whiffle ball game.

McGregor has always had terrible cardio probably due to his large frame and his style.

He gassed out in both of his fights against Nate Diaz but he managed to re catch his wind in the second fight but he was losing in the 2nd Diaz fight until he caught a second wind.

McGregor was saving his energy like he usually does for the last round or two. There was a method to that madness but probably not much of a chance to win unless Mayweather decided to brawl for some crazy reason.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He goes hard the first 2 or 3 rounds, slows down and just focuses on defense with little counter punching, if he survives he comes back hard again.

[video=youtube_share;uFqVZLG30kM]https://youtu.be/uFqVZLG30kM[/video]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, what did you expect?

I expected Conor to not be able to last long in his first ever boxing match. Didn't think it would last long enough for him to gas out again. He lasted long cause Mayweather is a coward who hardly threw a punch before seeing Conor had tired enough.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huge loss for boxing.

Conor McGregor has had zero career boxing matches and he goes ten rounds with the greatest boxer of this era without a scratch on his face.

21078845_243044016218987_2659096098269570415_n.png

LOL....hardest puncher in MMA...with a thunder left, couldn't rock a 40 year old, retired boxer, who weighed 20lbs less with his best punch.........also he let that little brittle hand midget walk him down, and had him dizzy on his feet......if that is a loss for boxing...tell Dana to actually fight a prime boxer....Canelo or GGG who are his weight and would have knocked him out in 2 minutes.

Also if you don't see him being carried then I don't know what to say.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expected Conor to not be able to last long in his first ever boxing match. Didn't think it would last long enough for him to gas out again. He lasted long cause Mayweather is a coward who hardly threw a punch before seeing Conor had tired enough.

Seemed like Mayweather was just toying, letting it simmer. Observing what he had, expecting something awkward and odd. Felt him out, laughing, basically treating him like a sparring partner he didn't even respect enough to punch back at. Just feeling out his punches and angels. Connor switching stances actually caused Floyd to take 4-5 rounds to be sure he had figured out all his footwork instead of his usual 2-3.

After that he just toyed with him until he wanted to prepare him to fall, and then to fall him...you can see he wants the under, which he bet on, and as the under approaches, right exactly half way through round 9 he decided to drop him. Connor was lucky to get out of the round once Floyd decides. He only lasted 1 minute in the next, and Floyd wins his bet placed on himself for under 9.5 by 30 seconds.

I'm guessing he had a private bet that he could wait until 8.5 and still knock him out by 9.5 because he clearly waits until exactly 8.5 to turn on the offense. Prior to that moment, not one punch Floyd throws could be categorized at higher than 50-75%, you can see it quite clearly if you review the tape.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL....hardest puncher in MMA...with a thunder left, couldn't rock a 40 year old, retired boxer, who weighed 20lbs less with his best punch.........also he let that little brittle hand midget walk him down, and had him dizzy on his feet......if that is a loss for boxing...tell Dana to actually fight a prime boxer....Canelo or GGG who are his weight and would have knocked him out in 2 minutes.

Also if you don't see him being carried then I don't know what to say.

People want a real fight not a game of mitten slapping.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when James Toney boxer with 33-2 tried MMA? It was much more embarrisng for the boxer in MMA than the MMA fighter in boxing.

The MMA fighter could solve a rubix cube and kill you at the same time, it's not the same.

GYI0061424977.jpg

lmao...GTFO with that garbage. MMA fighting washed up retired boxers is your example....its simple...not all MMA guys know how to shoot at legs and when they dont, you can take a guy who was a TOP 10 Heavyweight in the UFC and just fought for the championship a year prior against a 48 year old boxer.....then watch him get knocked out in a MMA match

2vw8qph.jpg

or former boxer who trains becomes a champ after beating someone no MMA girl could at the time

GRExsyQ.gif

Boxer in prime years trains and becomes a champ in MMA......MMA fighter in prime years can train and won't sniff a championship in boxing.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People want a real fight not a game of mitten slapping.

Real fighting...go look up your MMA fighter on you tube in Brazil, when a 2x4 is introduced to the back of the head of a MMA guy.......tell me what happens in real fighting please.

Also the brittle hand Mitten slapper, walked through this supposed guy with thunder in his left(or as you put it...gets kicked and hit with elbows), ate his best shot and proceeded to have him backing up all day.

MMA fans kill me.....Real fighting earns you 50k to 100k....mitten slapping land you 1 to 10 million. Comical that the MMA Star went to mitten slapping to fight a retired guy and earn his biggest payday...hmmm.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lmao...GTFO with that garbage. MMA fighting washed up retired boxers is your example....its simple...not all MMA guys know how to shoot at legs and when they dont, you can take a guy who was a TOP 10 Heavyweight in the UFC and just fought for the championship a year prior against a 48 year old boxer.....then watch him get knocked out in a MMA match

2vw8qph.jpg

or former boxer who trains becomes a champ after beating someone no MMA girl could at the time

GRExsyQ.gif

Boxer in prime years trains and becomes a champ in MMA......MMA fighter in prime years can train and won't sniff a championship in boxing.

Marcus Davis was a pro boxer with a record of 17-1-2

10123544.jpg

UFC-118-26.jpg

[video=youtube_share;PTN6gtsS0A0]https://youtu.be/PTN6gtsS0A0[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they let the fight go 12 rounds and Mayweather wanted to McGregor would look exactly like that.

Fighting cross sport is difficult. Making match-ups based on your success in the other sport is flat out stupid.

What if Michael Jordan went straight to world series level baseball? He played as a kid. He had time to prepare. But he would look stupid.

McGregor looked amazing considering, but if you know Mayweather and you know boxing you know Mayweather was toying with him and treating him like a sparring partner, literally having fun running him through his paces and feeling his punches, laughing the whole time. When it was time for business he decided to put him down and it took him 90 seconds in round 9, and 1 minute in round 10.

Watch the fight again, notice what happens at halfway through round 9. Guarantee you mayweather was toying. Followed a script that was smart agreed with him and his father and his betting helpers/MGM and UFC, and then took him down.

It was as fixed as the Canelo judge. the connelo judge could even have been involved and I find it odd this judge also did UFC fights. Since UFC was recently in heavy negotiating behind closed doors with boxing pillars, who happen to hate Golden Boy...

it was suspicious for a variety of potential reasons. All of it. Both fights. their timing. their results. The way mayweather went about it.