TVR lost to Vegas in draft

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
lol. ok...we can dream. If that happens great, but if it does, or if it doesn't, I think we are talking about an entire boat load of prospects to head over there to pay for the contracts as it is, and it will be towing a dingy of gifts if it brings TVR back.

I'd imagine the Hossa and TVR deal alone would be one of the most significant trade value moves in franchise history, like moving Hershal Walker bad. Seabrooke would just make it worse.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ed-wings-2016-nhl-draft-first-round/86362374/

wings did samething traded back a little and got back a 2 round pick......

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
lol. ok...we can dream. If that happens great, but if it does, or if it doesn't, I think we are talking about an entire boat load of prospects to head over there to pay for the contracts as it is, and it will be towing a dingy of gifts if it brings TVR back.

I'd imagine the Hossa and TVR deal alone would be one of the most significant trade value moves in franchise history, like moving Hershal Walker bad. Seabrooke would just make it worse.

It just goes to show what a sham this expansion draft really was. side deals, under the table agreements, Vegas ends up getting a second for TVR and a fifth for Krueger, one of the best PK forwards in the NHL.

The Hossa trade would still need to be approved by the NHL and they dont seem to eager to help out the hawks with the cap situation, but some team might need to get to the cap floor.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing line up options without Hoss in there makes me glum. :(

Huuuuge hole without Hoss.

hqdefault.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ed-wings-2016-nhl-draft-first-round/86362374/

wings did samething traded back a little and got back a 2 round pick......

That deal is amazing for them. 4 spots for a second rounder should be like straight up,

explain to me why these teams WANT the dead money? So...does the 7.5 eat up cap in Arizona but not have to be paid, giving a struggling owner an extra 7.5? Similar to the way the Bears have structured bonus' in the past to count against the cap but not have to be paid?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, back to the collusion issue. I think the league is afraid to make anything easy for us due to Keith/Kane/Crow fear, maybe Bowman smugness.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That deal is amazing for them. 4 spots for a second rounder should be like straight up,

explain to me why these teams WANT the dead money? So...does the 7.5 eat up cap in Arizona but not have to be paid, giving a struggling owner an extra 7.5? Similar to the way the Bears have structured bonus' in the past to count against the cap but not have to be paid?

When Florida was taking our players, like when they took Campbell, they wanted their young players on the ice and would not have met the 51 million cap floor at that time. The NHL put the cap floor in place so a team has to at least attempt to put a team on the ice that is worthy of selling tickets. So sign 2 vets at 3.5 and have them play or pay soup 7 million and have a slot for a kid to be on the ice. The Hossa contract is even more beneficial since he will not be on the ice.

As far as the Hossa deal, he was underpaid for many years in his prime. Duncan Keith has the same type of deal where the Hawks will still need him to be on the salary cap list for years after he retires. That was the price they paid for getting some space during his prime. The league frowned on this attempt to get around the cap in 2013 and instead of accepting it was legal, they want to penalize the teams that made an effort to circumvent the cap.

This is why Kane and Toews dont have that kind of a deal, it was banned by the league.