TVR lost to Vegas in draft

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As expected, let's hope more moves to come.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The draft was stupid and presented very confusing. No idea sometimes who was being acquired and what picks for what reason, its seems like we could have dumped riches on them to take Kruger instead of TVR but we signed Rutta, got Forsling, and Pokka so its a whatever. As good as TVR was getting, and with his improving every year, the one problem is he just didn't seem to compliment the big 3 very well.

My biggest takeaway is just I can't stop crying cuz Sasquatch. The Bickell tribute and story is just too much for me. Waterworks, thats all I remember of note.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Bickell part was a tear-jerker. Can't post more now, still distraught over the Hoss.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am hoping CSN Chicago gets Bickell to be an analyst... for as long as he can do it

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In related news, I heard Q went on a binnys wine tasting bender, reds with chocolate and whites with grapes, whiskey before beer, your in the clear.

He was quoted screaming at dark shadows of the night "nothing makes senses anysmorres!"

"Rozy was exposed and Vegas didn't take him? They took TVR? What does it mean? Whats is there meaning of life?"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bleacher Report tells me TVR got traded to the Hurricanes

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bleacher Report tells me TVR got traded to the Hurricanes

Yahoo and others now as well.

The first dominoes have dropped, as TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reports the Golden Knights will ship defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk to the Carolina Hurricanes for a second-round pick. Vegas will send a seventh-round selection to Carolina.

That's pretty... ummm.. why didn't Stan do that? They still pissed about Bickell and Teuvo.

In addition, the Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenseman David Schlemko from Vegas in exchange for a 2019 fifth-round pick.

BR story, but LeBrunn legwork
https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/6...ghts-trade-trevor-van-riemsdyk-david-schlemko

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The draft was stupid and presented very confusing. No idea sometimes who was being acquired and what picks for what reason, its seems like we could have dumped riches on them to take Kruger instead of TVR but we signed Rutta, got Forsling, and Pokka so its a whatever. As good as TVR was getting, and with his improving every year, the one problem is he just didn't seem to compliment the big 3 very well.

My biggest takeaway is just I can't stop crying cuz Sasquatch. The Bickell tribute and story is just too much for me. Waterworks, thats all I remember of note.
There is always the threat had Bowman maybe been said by Vegas if they trade TVR Vegas will take Pokka then they'd really be out of RHD

Most rumor people still said they heard Kruger rumors. Maybe it'll be a draft day thing involving putting Kruger in a package to move up. Or some have pointed out he has a June 30th signing bonus the Hawks could be paying them trading him. It just doesn't make sense the Hossa news would change the move because the Hawks n League knew about Hossa already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im curious... now that we know what Vegas has.... anyone have general thoughts about their roster?

Idk the majority of the players they took.... Fleury, Neal, TVR (but hes gone), and a few others.

Any chance they are good this coming year?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You figure they were going to have to move at least 7 of these guys since nobody drafted is going to go to some AHL affliate, if they even have one.

I hope TVR gets some respect in Carolina now. always took the heat when he ended up with a different partner damn near every night. Each national game he seemed to shoot more, playoffs he was on another level while Keith, Seabs, Soup and Oduya were slow and full of turnovers.

Cant keep them all, just hope they kept the right ones.

I never got why they protected Jurco when it seems Q does not even play him enough.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yahoo and others now as well.

The first dominoes have dropped, as TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reports the Golden Knights will ship defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk to the Carolina Hurricanes for a second-round pick. Vegas will send a seventh-round selection to Carolina.

That's pretty... ummm.. why didn't Stan do that? They still pissed about Bickell and Teuvo.

In addition, the Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenseman David Schlemko from Vegas in exchange for a 2019 fifth-round pick.

BR story, but LeBrunn legwork
https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/6...ghts-trade-trevor-van-riemsdyk-david-schlemko

A few reasons.

Las Vegas basically told all teams that they made deals with that they would only go through with those deals if they didn't make a trade that shielded a player. Everyone expected a lot of trades to go down leading up to the expansion draft but almost none did. GMs said that Vegas basically held them "hostage", so nicely does by Vegas there. Kruger deal appears to just be delayed for some money/bonus reasons but is likely still going to happen, and TVR was part of that deal.

Another reason is that if the Blackhawks traded TVR to Carolina, then Carolina would have had to protect TVR at that point, exposing a player from their roster that they protected...or risk losing TVR after just trading him which would be stupid.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It is also sounding like Vegas fleeced the Hawks into giving them a better trade chip than Krueger. Dont know what they would have gotten for Krueger, but his money might have been a third rounder. TVR is still cheap.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
A few reasons.

Las Vegas basically told all teams that they made deals with that they would only go through with those deals if they didn't make a trade that shielded a player. Everyone expected a lot of trades to go down leading up to the expansion draft but almost none did. GMs said that Vegas basically held them "hostage", so nicely does by Vegas there. Kruger deal appears to just be delayed for some money/bonus reasons but is likely still going to happen, and TVR was part of that deal.

Another reason is that if the Blackhawks traded TVR to Carolina, then Carolina would have had to protect TVR at that point, exposing a player from their roster that they protected...or risk losing TVR after just trading him which would be stupid.

Yes, but it only makes sense if they do indeed have another deal with Vegas in place... which is not certain.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, Kruger is still worth his contract if we don't have a solid center to replace him with.

He should never come off the 4th line again. Thats a travesty. It takes two lines away when they do that, the ability of the third to score, and the ability of the fourth to defend.

Kruger- Ras- + a wildcard like Hayden or Hino is my preference for locking people down, making the 4th exciting while giving up nothing. Hino is ideal because his body doesn't hold up to big minutes, he is lethal and does surprising playmaking type things, can skate all over, forechecks, and I just think can compliment this type of line better than he can be a stalwart with the other skill guys without making that line a physical liability.

Hayden-Hartman- and different centers should be tried. Smaltz is a ? but he was a fucking pussy in the playoffs and I'm still mad. Smatlz to center would clerify alot, but will he be best as #2 or #3?

Hartman-AA-Hayden?

Hino may be traded just because Debricat is Hino on steroids.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd still like it explained why the Hawks protected Jurco. The kid has ridiculous hands, but hasn't really done anything with them at this level. Weird shit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.letsgohawks.net/2017/07/09/are-the-blackhawks-trying-to-re-acquire-tvr/

This would work for me. Maybe Seabrook and Hossas contract for TVR

lol. ok...we can dream. If that happens great, but if it does, or if it doesn't, I think we are talking about an entire boat load of prospects to head over there to pay for the contracts as it is, and it will be towing a dingy of gifts if it brings TVR back.

I'd imagine the Hossa and TVR deal alone would be one of the most significant trade value moves in franchise history, like moving Hershal Walker bad. Seabrooke would just make it worse.