IST: Cubs @ Marlins

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not that matters much, Addi hasn't been worth of much this season.

I'm hoping they Go with:

Jay: LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Happ RF (2B on Montero's catching days)
Contreras C (RF on Montero's days)
LaStella 2B (Montero on his catching days)
Almora CF

Then promote Young for IF depth and vs RH pitching. If Russell goes down.

Add to it Anderson started tonight in AA. Pitched 4 innings. He was better than the competition so I'm expecting him coming back soon. Hendricks should be back after the break.

So pitching wise they should be getting back to 100% Hitting wise that is another story.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping they Go with:

Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Almora CF

Add to it Anderson started tonight in AA. Pitched 4 innings. He was better than the competition so I'm expecting him coming back soon. Hendricks should be back after the break.

So pitching wise they should be getting back to 100% Hitting wise that is another story.

Looks good to me. In my opinion Jay and Happ should be full time starters (at least most of the time) the way they have been swinging the bat.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping they Go with:

Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Almora CF

Are you saying if Russell goes down w injury?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jon Jay should NOT be a full time starter.

No power. Not a productive run producer. Not a good defender. Empty batting avg doesn't win games. Don't get crazy simply because dome others have lower BA.

Not a full time starter on any team in the league.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jon Jay should NOT be a full time starter.

No power. Not a productive run producer. Not a good defender. Empty batting avg doesn't win games. Don't get crazy simply because dome others have lower BA.

Not a full time starter on any team in the league.

You really need to get over this.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looks good to me. In my opinion Jay and Happ should be full time starters (at least most of the time) the way they have been swinging the bat.

Jay is running a minus Uzr in LF. But in general that is lower impact in LF vs CF. Less room to cover. I'm really not looking at his BA. His OBA is at .400. That is what matters.

Added to it with Russell's shoulder acting up again and honestly being a whole season issue they really should shut him down til the break to get it 100%.

But that kills MI depth. Outside of Baez there would be no SS. So Young promoting as emergency depth is a must. He is passable at SS. Lacks the arm for it but his glove is good. I would expect him and LaStella platooning at 2B for the most part.

Montero has hit well but all he is is a catcher. He is catching Jake, Lackey and Montgomery. Not sure about Butler. Conteras should be in RF on his non catching days right now. His bat is needed.

I'm fine with Montero getting Jake and John though. All 3 are hitting F/A so it impacts the future little. But Lester, Montgomery and Hendricks (when he gets back) should be with the catcher that is taking you into the future.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping they Go with:

Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Almora CF

You would think they'd promote young, but I'm going with Candelerio again...
Because they don't do things normal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You would think they'd promote young, but I'm going with Candelerio again...
Because they don't do things normal

That would make no sense to do so. If they went outside of the box it makes more sense to cover the waver wire. Plenty of teams are knocking players off of their 40 every day.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That would make no sense to do so. If they went outside of the box it makes more sense to cover the waver wire. Plenty of teams are knocking players off of their 40 every day.
Like I said they don't do normal things...
#CubsWay?

Candelerio brought up, a reliever sent down... probably Floro

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Like I said they don't do normal things...
#CubsWay��

Candelerio brought up, a reliever sent down... probably Floro

I dont think they can DL Russell, really need his bat and RBI's with Zobrist, Heyward and Schwarber out. Candelario had a great first few weeks, league caught up to him, lets hope another hot streak gets some teams interested with the deadline coming quick.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I dont think they can DL Russell, really need his bat and RBI's with Zobrist, Heyward and Schwarber out. Candelario had a great first few weeks, league caught up to him, lets hope another hot streak gets some teams interested with the deadline coming quick.
They'll probably DL him til after the break...
Candelaria is starting at 3rd tonight..
The Mad Maddon and his lineup shuffle has Contreras leading off and Rizzo 2nd